“Very average and could do better”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Beside the airport next to heald green train station and near to lots of other stuff in Manchester. Visited for family reasons. Staff ok bit lacklustre kind of said the words eg hope you have a nice stay but going through the motions. Room ok has all the seal stuff eg horrid picture on wall, quite good telly, comfy bed but something's were just not nice. Eg carpet manky round the edges, bathroom grout dirty yucky, shower tragic little dribble of water, hair dryer positioned so you can dry your hair over kettle and two free tea bags, one hand towel and two bath towels for two people. Not awful but a minimum effort.

Room Tip: Both front and back very noisy as very close to airport, so windows open then noisy, windows closed...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight to america the next morning as it was an early start. It is close to the airport about 2-3 miles away and close to the jet parks parking as well. Great hotel staff polite and helpfull. Also has a beefeater pub plenty of free parking at this hotel as well. Just the job if your catching a flight the following morning. Would i stay here again yes 10/10

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiga C
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay, hotel was clean and in an ideal place for Manchester Airport. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable of surrounding area. The train station is just around the corner to catch a train to Manchester Airport. Great Stay, Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Here at the Premier Inn we take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We regularly use this Hotel for overnight accommodation prior to flights. Basic, but clean and comfortable. The adjacent Beefeater Restaurant serves great steaks and both are reasonably priced. Already booked our next stay!

Room Tip: You are likely to experience some minor aircraft noise here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will most certainly pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Came across this hotel by accident as we were going to stay at the Runger Lane. I am so glad that we chose this hotel as it was fantastic.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I would say that this is the best premier inn that we have ever stayed in.

The hotel is on the flight path and yes there is aircraft noise. However as soon as we were in bed, the noise didn't disturb our sleep. As we were going on a holiday, the sound of the aircraft adds to the excitement of your holiday.

We stayed here for one night prior to a flight from Manchester Airport. We also parked the car here for two weeks at a much lower cost than the airport.

As our flight was at lunchtime, we opted for a breakfast. As always it is cooked fresh and there is always plenty of choice. Premier Inn breakfasts never fail to leave you feeling satisfied.

There are taxis to the airport for around £6 but we chose to take the train which the station is virtually next door. The train station runs direct to the airport for around £4 for 2 adults and a child.

The down side to the train is that it is approximately a ten minute walk from the station to terminal three. Not recommended if you would struggle to walk this distance. The train is also only suitable for terminal 1 & 3.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice clean premier Inn, with friendly staff. Shame it has the Beefeater next door ( but that's a different story).
Right next door to Manchester Airport, so don't expect a good nights sleep. But this is not the Premier Inns fault, if you want to roll out of bed straight on to the plane, this is the room for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Here at the Premier Inn we take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Premier Inn's seem to have a big similarity between their various hotels, indeed I have never been to one that I found in any way negative. This was very much the same as others I had stayed in, on that note it's probably best the mention the features I noticed that were different:

- big flat screen wall mounted TV. Normally they have little portable TV's up on the shelf.
- No sofa/bed. I've been to quite a few places that have a separate sofa/bed combination thing.
- Everything else was as you'd imagined.

Good close proximity to the airport, and more importantly airport parking. Seemed to be the cheapest Manchester Airport hotel nearby, which is why I chose it.

I heard a couple of planes go over, but was basically fairly quiet.

Room Tip: if you wanted less noise, ask for a room not facing the car park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Travelodge Altrincham Central

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel? Share your experiences!