My daughter competes in Taekwondo all over the UK and Europe. In June we had the British National Championships at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester. Our club were taking a number of players so we needed somewhere a) not too expensive, b) not too far away from the venue, c) enough rooms - we needed 6 and d) a restaurant nearby so we could eat as we always get back late from the venue.
We'd not stayed at this particular hotel before but looked good on the website, met all our criterion so we booked up well in advance and got £29 per night which was fantastic.
Arrival and check-in was easy and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The restaurant was right next door - ideal! Breakfast was the usual "kids eat free" premier inn deal which is great and really good value for money - and breakfast was VERY tasty :) The restaurant also had a good selection on the evening meal with lots of "2 for £10" deals which were very good.
The rooms were very nice and comfortable, our rooms were in the little separate block.
Our group only had 2 problems while we were there.
1. On the first night there was a wedding reception going on so there was a little extra noise quite late on and also early hours of the morning - you know what its like when some people have had a "little" more alcohol than they can handle. Was pretty annoying though. Made a comment to reception the next day who apologised and explained that we should have called and someone would have tried to deal with it - fair enough. Most importantly it didn't disturb my daughter - she'd sleep through WWIII most of the time!
2. In one family's room the bathroom extractor fan made a continuous noise all night, wouldn't go off. They complained the next morning, after a really bad night's sleep of course, and received an apology. They were given another room and because we were out at the competition all day and not back until late the staff even moved all their belongings for them - nice touch I think :) As premier inn have their "good night guarantee" my friend also made a telephone call on return home and received a refund of the first night's stay. A problem handled very well, with no hassle - can't ask for more really.
Would certainly recommend this nice little hotel and restaurant. We are already planning to book our group into there for the British Open championships in October :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in the centre of Stockport within walking distance from the historic markets and attractions with scenic views of the old town. Situated with superb links to motorways, train station, bus station and Manchester Airport. The hotel is ideal for both business and leisure and is a favorite for travellers visiting Manchester and the Pennine trails. The hotel has everything you would expect incredibly comfy beds, an onsite restaurant and a large complimentary car park which has access for buses & coaches making it an ideal destination for large groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel Stockport
- Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel Greater Manchester