“Great Value”

Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Sunday night stay. Reception staff very friendly and helpful throughout stay. All staff including those working in the pub/restaurant were similarly attentive, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Accessible location and certainly handy for Stcokport and within reasoable travel distance to Manchester. Good parking even though pub/restaurant was well attended during day. Overall very good value and well worth considering.

Room Tip: "nd floor rooms were certainly quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. I am also please you enjoyed your time in the restaurant next door to us. We look forward to your next visit.

Olga Caba

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have stayed here three times traveling from the US. Very convenient hotel. Great staff very welcoming and are able to accommodate special requests. Front desk staff are very knowledgeable and helpful especially Lucy. I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as we give all our guests a high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Had a 3 night stay recently.
Quick and friendly check-in by a lovely young chap.
Lovely room with very large comfortable bed. Usual Tea/coffee facilities plus a handy hairdrier. I did notice though that the room hadn't been hovered after being cleaned as a piece of paper was still on the floor after it had been serviced but other than this it was fine.
There is a good restaurant attached which provided good value , fairly limited menu though with a lot of fast food type meals although there is also a very good roast of the day included.
Parking is plentiful and safe.
One thing that could be improved is the price of the Breakfast, it is very expensive so a lot of people don't avail, if it came down more people would take advantage , I think it was over £8.50 and £5.50 for continental which is too much.
There is a separate annex also in the grounds but I would recomend staying in the actual Hotel itself not that there appeared to be anything wrong but it seemed a little isolated .
All staff are very nice and friendly. There is a nice relaxing bar attached also which we took advantage of in the evenings. There is also an outside Beer Garden which proved very popular at the week-end with locals as did the restaurant but with meal deals ( £10 for two ) who can blaim them.
Very good location to walk to town which is a very nice place with nice shops and restaurants.
Even though this Hotel is under the Manchester Airport flight path which is very busy it doesn't impact and is not too noisy at all.
Perhaps a room at the back rather than facing the car park would be less noisy.
I would recomend and would stay again here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit at Stockport Central Premier Inn. I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a late check in and early check out, so were not there long. The hotel is in a close enough location to walk into Stockport or commute to the airport, but the location is set back enough that is is not noisy. The original building is very beautiful, and it's nice that's it's been preserved. Parking is plentiful and I noticed very ample disabled parking close to reception.

Some additional tea and coffee in room would have been nice, and I had booked a double but the room was set out as a twin. Clean and comfortable so not the end of the world .....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. I apologise about the room not being set correctly. If you would like to ring me direct to discuss this your more than welcome. If you stay in Premier Inns again and you would like more tea and coffee please let reception know so we can provide that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stockport Central

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I am a big fan of Premier Inns, and on arrival here I was not disappointed. A lovely red brick group of buildings, just nicely aged, with a tastefully designed restaurant attached. It was set in pleasant grounds with plenty of trees to make what is actually a pretty central location seem quite secluded. All very attractive.

The room was standard Premier Inn stuff; clean, comfortable and well equipped. No problems at all, and I love the pillow choices.

If you want to go to Manchester Airport this would be a good option. However the downside is that the hotel is located directly under the flightpath in to the airport. Great for plane-spotters; not so good for those wanting a morning lie-in. To be fair to Premier Inns they don't hide this fact at all in their marketing, so I just regard this as a niggle and not a problem.

The only real problem was breakfast. The hotel has a 8-10 slot on a Sunday, which I consider ideal. However everyone knows that hotel guests crowd in close to closing time on a Sunday, so why oh why don't hotels gear up for this? At 09.40 the place was in complete disarray. Guests who had pre-paid couldn't get in, there was no coffee, almost no juice and no bowls or milk for the cereal. On the plus side the orders for hot food were taken quickly, were produced fairly swiftly and were of a good quality. I love Premier Inn breakfasts, as whilst not cheap you can order as much as you like and crucially exactly what you want.

The other niggle concerned access to Wi Fi. You only get 30 minutes free, and this after a fairly long winded registration process. Given that my room cost me £70 not including breakfast, which isn't cheap by any standards and is dear for a Premier Inn, not providing free Wi Fi seems very mean.

In summary:

+ attractive hotel in a secluded setting
+ clean and comfortable room
+ friendly and helpful staff
+ good location for town centre, station and airport
+ very good cooked breakfast

- chaotic and sub-standard breakfast service experience
- fairly noisy rooms due to aircraft
- expensive for a Premier Inn
- no free Wi Fi

Key question: Under similar circumstances would I stay here again?

Answer: Yes

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are sorry you was'nt happy with the breakfast. We endeavour to deliver a high level of service in all our hotels, and we apologise that you did not receive this in the morning. I will pass your feedback onto the manager of the Old Rectory. we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Stockport Central

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Rooms are very quiet, but the restaurant is packed in the evenings, so much so, I ended having to go elsewhere. I was unable to meet the timetable for breakfast, due to work commitment and the state of traffic in Manchester and on the second morning asked for an early breakfast. I was told I was early. Nearly fifteen minutes later I left without the paid for breakfast as no one had come to take my order. Needless to say I did not get a breakfast for the next three mornings, and no refund was offered. Very poor customer service in this respect. If your on holiday and have time, probably a good hotel, but if time is limited and your there for business, avoid.

Room Tip: If your on holiday with time to spare, then this is probably a good hotel, but not designed for busi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you were not happy with your stay here with us at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We endeavour to deliver a high level of service in all our hotels, and we apologise that you did not receive this during your stay. If you want to contact us direct please do as your feedback is very important to us.

Olga Caba

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was my first time in a Premier Inn and I spent three nights here on business. The check in procedure was efficient and friendly and I had a lovely room with a view of a tree. Huge comfy bed, tea and coffee, good bathroom all contributed towards a pleasant stay. The receptionist arranged taxis for me, always had a smile and was very professional at all times. There are vending machines in the foyer if you need a late night snack but the attached restaurant was good. The menu catered for all tastes and the only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because I think the kitchen may operate out of a freezer. That said, it was an absolutely great place for a quick stay and the breakfast was excellent. I especially liked that it had some character of its own and was not some soulless new build. The location is quiet and yet within walking distance of the station. All in all - a thumbs up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Stockport Central and the service was great for you. I will pass your feedback onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thanks