“Really good, refurbished room and excellent staff”

Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Hampshire UK
“Really good, refurbished room and excellent staff”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Spent 1 night here while away on business and I usually try and find a premier inn as they have a consistent standard and you know what you're getting. As a single female traveller, I always feel comfortable in the premier inn environment, which for me is really important.
I found this particular hotel really good, the reception staff were friendly efficient and really helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I was given a letter from reception i dictating to ask for extra towels, tea/coffee facilities etc, which I have not seen before elsewhere. My room had obviously been recently refurbished and was lovely, really clean, fresh and with beautifully soft towels!
I ate in the adjoining restaurant, and again the service was great, the waiting staff were cheerful and attentive, and the food was perfectly acceptable.
I had a great nights sleep -despite being close to one of the airport flight paths, there was no disturbance during the night from this.
Breakfast was typical premier inn standard-plenty of choice and great poached eggs!
I would definitely book hear again when back in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 123-sues
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. I am also pleased you enjoyed your time in the restaurant next door to us. I look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here with my partner in October, 2014. What a lovely, refreshing hotel. Staff were great and friendly. Rooms were comfortable, only issue was the noise from the hallway at times, but it wasn't that bad... Lovely thanks Premier Inn

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob J
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will pass your info on to the team. On behalf of everyone at the Stockport central Premier Inn, we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays. Kind Regards
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were stopping overnight for an event in the town hall, and picked the Premier as it is only a short walk away from the venue. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful, and as mentioned in other reviews they really do seem happy to work there.

I understand the place has recently been refurbished and the room we stayed in was modern, spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bed was extremely large and comfortable. Might be on the hard side for some people but it was perfect for us.

Breakfast was at the Fayre and Square which is attached to the hotel (you do not need to go outside). A real surprise was that if you have the cooked breakfast it is cooked to order. You can still have as much or little as you choose but this means the food has not been out in the trays for ages. Quality was very good, particularly liked the bread they us. Perfect start to the day.

Planes fly over the hotel but we heard nothing and had a very peaceful night’s sleep. The car park is a pay and display one but you just need to get a voucher from reception for free parking during the stay.

This is probably one of the best hotels for this price we have stayed in. If we are in the area will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard O
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a pleasant trip down the M61/M60 on Sunday night. A friendly welcome and a reasonably priced meal at Fayre and Square. The room was very spacious and comfortable. If you don't have hearing aids and have sensitive ears bring some ear plugs as my girls found the planes disturbing during the night. But I had no problem! It's really handy for the shops - in walking distance so you can leave the car at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit at Stockport Central Premier Inn. I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Firstly what a deal we got from PremierInn.com ... we used this hotel for 4 days this week and this particular hotel has to be the best Premier Inn we have stayed in and we've stayed in a few .. newly refurbished rooms with friendly happy staff, great food next door and handy for the town shopping .. we were well looked after by Darren who personally got me my morning paper,Vicky who replaced our towels and Claire for the excellent breakfast service ..we will be back you made us so very welcome thank you ..

Room Tip: some rooms newly refurbished ..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. I am also please you enjoyed your time in the restaurant next door to us. I look forward to your next visit.
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very good hotel, we stayed in a brand new room...even the carpets smelt new! All the staff were helpful and appeared happy at the hotel.
Lovely shower that stayed hot and came out of shower head properly.
Very nice breakfast in the morning, with a very good chose on the menu. Would recommend this hotel and will use this hotel again when we visit Manchester again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Farnham
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Location - very central but also very quiet. Rooms - newly refurbished and very smart. Beds comtfy. Food - the pub is not fine dining but more than adequate and staff super. Good breakfast. Reception and service - very good.
Loads of parking. One of the best PI's you will find.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear DDFarnham,
Thanks for your comments, is nice to hear that you liked the new rooms,I will pass the message to the restaurant Manager too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Trivelles Mayfair
Trivelles Mayfair
#10 of 15 in Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel? Share your experiences!