“Overnight stay”

Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 29 January 2014

First premier inn stay. Very clean well maintained basic hotel. Although the car park was outside my room the insulation was so good I didn't hear a thing and no traffic noise either from the busy main road. Lovely friendly staff at meet and greet and check out - Maybe a northern thing! Only down side no phone in room so make sure you have a mobile with charger in case of emergency. Reason for down on sleep quality - I could feel the springs in mattress . My teenage grandson in another room had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thankyou very much for your kind reveiw
The team and I are really pleased that you had a peaceful night and we hope you will visit us again

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My partner & I stayed for one night (25th Jan) in Room 11, which is on the ground floor.
The room was spotless - very clean indeed (probably one of the best I've seen).
The receptionist was friendly and helpful and happily supplied a few extra coffee sachets - we only needed the hot drinks to warm up because the room was a little cold. The maximum we could set the heater to was only +23 degrees, which wasn't quite enough on a very wet & miserable night.
That was the only negative point actually - an extra heater and I'd have rated this hotel as excellent...
The room was very quiet. There is ample parking outside. Handy location for Manchester too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou very much for your kind reveiw
We look forward to your return and if you do decide to stay with us again or even if you use a different Premier Inn we always keep spare heaters for those cold and wintery nights

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Long weekend from Friday to Monday arrived from Spain could not say any thing bad about my stay staff was great the room was very good and the sleep quality was great it was in good location I would have liked iron in room but no big deal

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thankyou for your very kind response, we really appreciated your feedback, all at Premier Inn look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Again the Premier Inn stood the test and provided a good quiet nights sleep at an excellent promotional rate. Check in was quick and simple as was checking out with the staff providing helpful friendly advice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review of the Stockport South Premier Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Excellent Hotel very clean and the staff were very friendly. The waitress at breakfast was excellent as was breakfast. Extremely good value for money. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review of the Stockport South Premier Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and found the staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 December 2013

As I recently started needing to stay regularly in the Stockport area I thought I would try the Premier Inn. It was booked for me by my office and when I checked in I was shocked to find they charge £75 a night. When most other local hotels are charging £45-£60 this seems excessive especially since this does not include breakfast which is an additional £8.25. As a hotel it is okay apart from the beds (not good quality) and pillows which are not very comfortable (too thin/flat) so I did not sleep well. I was there 3 nights. The way in which this hotel is poor value is that wifi is charged for after 30 mins (others I've stayed in it is free) but since it didn't work I wasn't able to use it anyway. Charging for wifi is a rip off - I travel a lot in Europe and it is nearly always free and of better quality than the UK. I would give it moe stars if it weren't so over-priced.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roamingjiver
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A very good hotel, staff very friendly and good service at breakfast. Also good quality and choice of food at breakfast. Room was spacious with good clean facilities, and quiet but lacked extra covers as room was a little on the cool side.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DanielleHume, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review of the Stockport South Premier Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here apart from the room being a little on the cold side, if you decide to stay with us again please let us know and reception will happily provide you with an extra heater or duvet
Kind Regards. Danielle Hume, Premier Inn Team Leader

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Wycliffe Hotel
Wycliffe Hotel
#5 of 15 in Stockport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel? Share your experiences!