“Gourmet night , a night to remember......”

The Wycliffe Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 606 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: £15 - £65
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family run since the 1980's The Wycliffe is a traditional British grill & restaurant. We take pride in sourcing quality produce (local where possible) in a relaxed environment.
Reviewed 15 November 2014

The food menu was a set one, so a little apprehensive to what we would get ,,,,all I can say is wow top class food lots and lots of wine , we were expecting just small samples of each wine to suit the course, but o no full glasses of very nice wines, and a expert telling why he had chosen it ect...it far surpassed our expectations , worth every penny ...

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank ElaineL642
wycliffehotel, Front Office Manager at The Wycliffe Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Gourmet Evening. These evenings are becoming increasingly popular and we are working hard to release the menu earlier.

I am pleased to hear that you found our food "top class" and that it "far surpassed" your expectations.

Reviewed 15 November 2014

Came to the Wycliffe Hotel with a large group of friends to celebrate a 10th anniversary. I was very impressed by the food -- delicious and excellent value, but especially by the service, which was genuinely helpful and friendly. The staff really accommodated our needs and made us feel very welcome. A really nice family feel to the place. I hope to come back again, highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank Maddy_970

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing our establishment. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by both our food and service.

We are a family run business and, for us, it is important for guests to feel as though the Wycliffe is a home from home.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

It was my first time eating at the Wycliffe Hotel and I was really impressed. We had a dinner for 40 people. The service was fantastic, the staff were really accommodating and nothing was too much trouble - I'd forgotten to order a wheat and dairy free option and the waitress was not phased, in fact she was delighted to suggest alternatives and ensure I was taken care of. The food was great, particularly as they were catering for 40 of us. We will go back for a meal.

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank KT0000

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. I am pleased to hear that our staff were attentive and that your dietary requirements were met without trouble.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our establishment in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

Myself, my boyfriend and friends went for a 'Italian, pasta night' on Tuesday. It was recommend to us my friends and I would defiantly pass on the recommendation. We were greeted and make welcome as soon as we arrived, upon seated we were given bread and butter, unlike most restaurants when we had eaten it all the waitress brought over more. The drinks where brought over promptly along with a jug of water, again this is normally something you have to ask so I thought it was a nice touch. I had soup, lasagne and cheesecake all of which were fresh, homemade and delicious. And for all 3 courses it was only £13.95 so great value for money.

Date of visit: September 2014
3  Thank JadeHollySed
wycliffehotel, Front Office Manager at The Wycliffe Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. As far as I am aware this is the first review we have had of our Pasta Night.

The fact that you recognised that all dished were home-made is very pleasing to us as we do spend long hours developing dishes and carefully selecting in-season ingredients.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

My husband and I gave this restaurant a try last Saturday. I love restaurants that have the 'nappery' (tableclothes and linen napkins) and this fitted the bill perfectly. The restaurant is a nice size with well proportioned well spaced out tables. The only criticism I had was that the waiter who carried our drinks from the bar to the restaurant took hold of our glasses at the top instead of at the stem which was not very hygienic; apart from that I could not fault thgis restaurant.

The menu was reasonably priced and varied. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed every course. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but next time I would carry my own drink!

Date of visit: September 2014
2  Thank ZocindaH

Dear Guest

I am glad our 'nappery' as you like to call it was all in order - we feel that it adds so much more than an empty table, and by the sounds of it you also share this view.

In terms of your experience I am glad to hear that everything was up to your expectations - with of course the exception of a waiter holding the glasses at the top as opposed to the stem.

We have looked into this and mentioned this to the member of staff in the hopes that it will not happen again - thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that we will see you again sometime in the future.