“Excellent blend of spices with superb service”
Review of The Mogul Room

The Mogul Room
Ranked #67 of 330 Restaurants in Barnsley
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mogul Room Indian restaurant is Chef owned, we pride ourselves on the top quality of the food that we serve our customers.We only use quality and fresh ingredients in our dishes which are prepared and cooked as you order.Our restaurant is stylishly decorated and you will find our staff friendly and helpful, making The Mogul Room the ideal place to eat out.We also have a Carry Out and Home Delivery menu. Free delivery within 3 miles of the restaurant. 10% discount on Carry Out orders.Under new management since April 2013, if you haven't done already, we recommend you visit soon.Reserve in advance to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I do know my way around a good curry ~ I've been eating in Indian/Pakistani/Bengali/Nepalese restaurants for 40 years and have been cooking a decent curry (so my dining guests have said) for 35 years.
The food at the Mogul rooms the other night soared into my top 5 curries ever experienced. The spice blend was imaginative and the prawns so succulent that the meal deserves 5 stars.
The service was excellent too, friendly, efficient and professional. The owners and staff are trying really hard to build the reputation of this now very good restaurant and my wife and I will return very soon.

1  Thank jayteacat
There are newer reviews for The Mogul Room

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My brother and I usually go for an Indian when he visits, and we have tried quite a few in the area but always come back to the Mogul Rooms. Excellent menu and we have never had a bad dish there.

There have been a couple of changes to the menu under the new management, and our favourite dish seems to have gone, but there is plenty of other options. The food was as good as ever, if not better.

We thought this was a great restaurant before the change in management, and after a couple of meals under the new management it looks as if it is just as good.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my partner went on valentines day, we ordered starters and mains.After waiting over 30 minutes and nothing arriving we understood that being valentines day it was very busy. Another 15 minutes passed and the table next to us. who arrived after us, received their meals it was evident that we had been forgotten. Just as we were about to speak to staff (which was difficult in itself as non were visible thus making it a challenge just to get another drink) our main course arrived. We stated that we had not yet received our starters and were met with a blank expression followed by the waiter stating that he would get them now. Not wanting to wait any longer for starters followed by the mains which would then be reheated we said that we were leaving. Upon which we were quickly ushered out of the way. I can not comment on the food but the atmosphere and service was disgusting. In addition this is the only restaurant that I have been to where when waiting for our table to be ready we were unable to get a drink.

1  Thank Bow S
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice place, Modern interior, Very Friendly & Helpful staff. The food is amazing great recommendations from Chef's & excellent food.

Would definitely come again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Went out for the evening to the restaurant with friends we had a very warm welcome from friendly staff the food was very good did not have to wait long to be served the restaurant was very clean we all had a pleasant night out this is the second visit and we will be going again

1  Thank 499us2