We booked the premier inn over the internet with car parking for each day of our stay. On arriving it is very difficult to find the car park but the biggest problem was that each time you leave the park you have to pay £3.50. If we were made aware of this at the time of booking we would have booked somewhere different as due to the nature of our stay visiting relatives and taking disabled family with us who needed to rest during the day we were coming and going a lot. Premier Inn staff were unable to help us and we ended up paying out on some days for 5 lots of parking.
At breakfast on 2 out of 3 mornings there was no orange juice and on one morning after 30 minutes waiting I had to go looking for staff to take our food order and found them out the back in the kitchen area chatting. When the breakfast did arrive the bacon and sausages were burnt but by that time we were just keen to get out for the day and couldn't face waiting for another breakfast to be cooked. If we hadn't prebooked and had disabled guests with us we wouldn't have used the restaurant for breakfast again.
We ate in the restaurant one evening and were told on sitting down of all the items that were not available which was quite an extensive list. The food was very mediocre when it arrived and we did not use the restaurant again in the evening.
The actual bedrooms in the Premier Inn were of a good quality and very clean. The disabled room that other members of our family had was excellent and very spacious. I would only recommend if you are using for a business or overnight leisure stay. It seems such a shame that the restaurant and parking completely spoilt what would have been otherwise a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Barnsley Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. Barnsley Town Centre is only a short distance away. Directions: Exit M1 at J37 and follow A628 (Dodworth Road) signposted to Barnsley. After approximately 1 mile take the second exit at the roundabout onto Shambles Street, the entrance to the car park is immediately on the left. Parking is chargeable (please contact site for charges). Height restriction 6'. Postcode S70 2SB. The pedestrian entrance to the hotel and Table Table restaurant is on Sackville Street where alternative parking is available. Postcode S70 2RD. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: S70 2SB Hotel Parking: There is no parking available on-site at this hotel. Chargeable off-site parking is available nearby costing £5 overnight or £2 for 2 hours, or £4 up to 8 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Barnsley Central M1 J37 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Barnsley Central m1 j37 Hotel Barnsley
- Premier Inn Barnsley Central M1 J37 Hotel South Yorkshire