I always try to stay at Premier Inn's when I'm away on business, as you get a excellent hotel at a very reasonable price. This week's trip sent me to Barnsley, and the Premier Inn was a no-brainer. Was a bit dubious when I found out I had to pay for parking, but very happy when I could pay for it at Check in as the pay machines don't accept card.
The room was your standard Premier Inn room, but had been fairly recently upgraded. This night was a night with high winds, buy I was happy to be warm in my room all night. The restaurant was good (highly recommend the Mixed Grill), however there was the issue with the water going off (I'm assuming it was due to the inclement weather), but the night receptionist was doing everything she could to keep everyone informed while trying to sort out the problem, but didn't fail to keep a smile on her face, so Kudos to her for dealing with a stressful situation. The water was switched back on in the middle of the night.
The bed was comfortable (as per every other Premier Inn), and the breakfast was excellent. I had the Continental option as too many Full English's isn't great for the regular traveller. This was enough to fill me up :).
Overall, another excellent stay with Premier Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Barnsley Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. Barnsley Town Centre is only a short distance away. Directions: Exit M1 at J37 and follow A628 (Dodworth Road) signposted to Barnsley. After approximately 1 mile take the second exit at the roundabout onto Shambles Street, the entrance to the car park is immediately on the left. Parking is chargeable (please contact site for charges). Height restriction 6'. Postcode S70 2SB. The pedestrian entrance to the hotel and Table Table restaurant is on Sackville Street where alternative parking is available. Postcode S70 2RD. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: S70 2SB Hotel Parking: There is no parking available on-site at this hotel. Chargeable off-site parking is available nearby costing £5 overnight or £2 for 2 hours, or £4 up to 8 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Barnsley Central M1 J37 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Barnsley Central m1 j37 Hotel Barnsley
- Premier Inn Barnsley Central M1 J37 Hotel South Yorkshire