“An ok steak, maybe a little over priced?”

The Grille Steakhouse
Ranked #25 of 324 Restaurants in Barnsley
Price range: US$7 - US$59
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“An ok steak, maybe a little over priced?”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We brought my mum here as a treat, there were 4 of us in total. When the steaks came out with the chips, potatoes and veg on the side, I didn't think there would be enough. There was, but for the price you're paying id prefer my own plate of food. The steaks were cooked to everyone's satisfaction, except I ask for medium well, it came out well. I know you get asked if the steak is ok and in theory I should've asked for another but didn't really fancy waiting ages whilst everyone else tucked into there dinner, especially when you're fighting for the chips! It ruined my steak a little. Everyone enjoyed the meal but over £100 for a meal for 4, it is quite steep in price and I have had better steaks elsewhere. It's worth noting we've visited once before a few years ago, treated ourselves to the Chauteaubriand and it was lovely, hence we came back. Maybe I just got a bit unlucky this time.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ukohacat

Barnsley
“Nice food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went on Thursday. Not too busy. Waiters nice and experienced. Steak was lovely and juicy but pricey. Good night though.

2 Thank Mrsscrummy
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Expensive very small portions”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Visited for a friends birthday. Eleven of us I had Chicago chicken. A very small piece of chicken hardly any cheese on it and a pot of barbecue sauce, very overpriced. Two plates of chips for nine people not acceptable in my opinion. Two had curry which they stated was nice. Felt very rushed staff circling our table which we had booked people in my party clearly still eating and plates being cleared away very rude. DId not make a fuss due to my friends birthday celebration. In conclusion very small portions for top dollar and service quite rushed. Grille has lost its shine from what it used to be. Lower your prices and big up your portions.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank redbette
“Good all rounder!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We've dined at The Grille quite a few times now and the food is always lovely. The Sunday lunch is very good and reasonably priced. We were there yesterday and really enjoyed the Mothers Day 3 course meal menu. The staff are always eager to please and the service is very good. Even when the restaurant is full, the chefs and waiters never compromise the service. I can definitely recommend The Grille for good food, wine and service. We will be returning for a Sunday lunch soon. Thanks for a lovely meal :)

Visited March 2014
edinburgh
“not impressed”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came here for lunch with family. Service poor from the start from a very abrupt waiter. We wanted a bottle of wine but were not offered a wine list just asked red or white (I do not know much about wine but I am sure there is more to choosing a bottle than that!) Were not made to feel welcome at all. Found it quite expensive for what was quite an ordinary meal but it was the service that we found most unpalatable. Will not return and can not recommend, better food and better service to be had.

• Visited February 2014
Jaz B, Owner at The Grille Steakhouse, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
FrankM,
Thank you for your honest opinion and I'm truly sorry you had a bad experience due to one of my people. I would really appreciate it if you could email me at jaz@grillesteakhouse.co.uk to tell me more about your visit and especially which day you were in so that I may retrain the person that was serving you that day. Friendly staff is what we are renowned for so I have to really look at which of the team has let us down this day. Thank you.