“Cecil gee / what a guy”

The Grille Steakhouse
Ranked #24 of 330 Restaurants in Barnsley
Price range: US$7 - US$61
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went with a good friend off mine after a hard sweaty game off squash. After my victory I had the urge to eat a fine steak . Ohhh look there my friend said , why not pop into grill. The place looked empty , n we was just about to walk away when a little man beckoned us in. He was dressed in all black and looked very suave. He introduced himself as Cecil gee. What a guy. He was like our personal waiter n me n my buddy would like to personally thank this waiter for is tremendous service and hope the management pass this on. He even fetched us some home made Cecil gee mash out that he told us he had made at home. Thanks Cecil n we will be back ( hopefully next time my friend will not be in his shorts :()

1  Thank Richard873
There are newer reviews for The Grille Steakhouse

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Worst meal we have ever had char grilled prawns were char burnt also along with the steak all we tasted was burnt. Veg was overcooked and tastless watery. Noisy surroundings not anambience surrounding. We had a 2course meal served and eaten and out of restaurant within 45mins never go backagain.

Jaz B, Owner at The Grille Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Archie,
thank you for your feedback and im truly sorry that we didn't live up to our usual high standards. I will certainly be showing this review to our kitchen team so we can try to ensure this does not happen again. There is no excuse for the tiger prawns to be burnt and i wish you had sent them back as they only take a matter of mins to replace. as for the steaks can you tell me how you asked it to be cooked? I would be horrified if you asked for a steak which was medium or under to be tasting burnt, i can possibly understand if it was well done or very well done. As for the veg no excuses at all, and i will look into this as to why it was watery. As for the noise, well its not something we can really control when the restaurant is at full throttle with a few big parties. I know it can be perhaps unpleasant for a table of 2 when the restaurant is full of big tables, but unfortunately we don't know what we are going to get until we get it. I do hope you will give us another try because we are not usually this bad. if you are going to try again please email me at jaz@grillesteakhouse.co.uk and i will ensure that you get the Grille Steakhouse experience that we deliver over 90% of the time .

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered the prime rib steak rare and it was brilliant and cooked perfectly. The accompanying sauces were great and the sides of chips and veg were good also. Lovely staff, will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food wasn't the best quality of food you'd expect from a place that has such a 'high reputation', the price was too much. Could get a 14 oz steak in wetherspoons for £11.79. Charging £20 for a 10 oz!! Did enjoy my time there. The main thing that made mine and my friends evening there was a lovely young man. Alex. He was delightful. Told us jokes, complimented us and made us feel very welcome. We all came back as a group JUST for his service and welcoming aroma. (And to see if the grille menu was better than chille), recently went back with the hubby to find out Alex is no longer there. Such a shame. He was the only one that had a passion for customer service and really put a smile on your face. He wore silly hats to amuse customers, too! Haha. Many friends of mine dined there and he was lovely to them as well. Food was mediocre. Will not be returning. Maybe if Alex worked there I'd return. Just for that lovely smile. :)

1  Thank Dianem5377
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We are regulars to The Grille and enjoy going there as the food is always an excellent standard.
We went to try out their new dishes and weren't disappointed. They had added some Mexican dishes to their menu and it is really good idea because you now have more to choose from.
To start I had the chicken and duck spring roll which was the best spring roll I've ever had. Gorgeous. My hubby had the nachos which he really enjoyed, I'm not usually a fan but I tried them and think I am a convert!
For mains we had fajitas, tiger prawn for hubby and chicken for me. It was lovely there was plenty of filling on the hot skillet they brought over.
My hubby was too full for dessert but I managed a lemon tart with melon coulis which was lovely.
We also sampled several cocktails and would recommend these.

The staff were very good and service was fast - you were never kept waiting. We went on a Friday night and although it was full it wasn't noisy.

We enjoyed our visit as we usually do and will be back soon!

1  Thank SazzySparkyPops