“Birthday treat”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here recently for my birthday. I always enjoy coming here as the location is central and the food is delicious. The staff are very efficient and there's a relaxed atmosphere about the place. The owner is always hands on in the kitchen and he even came out to check our steaks were ok after the waiter had done so. Fab meal! Will be back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We decided to try this restaurant as it was close to a Wethspoons we were using. We managed to book a table for 9.30 on a Saturday night with only an 1 hour half notice. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and I had one of the best t-bones I've ever had, I wish I had gone for the larger size. The Mrs's steak was a little tough but it has to be like butter for her to enjoy. All in all a good night and only £120 for 4 of us so no complaints.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Been a few times to the grille & enjoyed everytime! The food is outstanding quality & staff are just brilliant, so friendly. Highly recommend the steaks and mixed grils yum!

2  Thank Emily-Jayne-x
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Visited back in April. Was the best steak I think I have ever eaten. We got 2 Chateaubriand's between 4 of us and they were cooked to perfection and finished at the table before our eyes. Cannot believe great steak like this is available so close to home. Cannot wait to come back.

1  Thank scottas89
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing brings me greater joy than great food and great customer service. Well except Adrian Chiles getting a soar throat of course. I cannot abide that man. Alas let's get back on track.

Me and my great friend of many a year went there after the Wimbledon final equivalent of squash. I won. I always did. Despite his 'tricks'. We needed a little pick me up after the gruelling session. We was walking past Grill when a small man of little stature beckoned us over.

He said Hi guys, you want you should eat some foods? His English wasn't perfect but his attitude was worth keeping the smirks hidden.

We said yes as he promised us his special mash potato and unlimited chips just for us. The man wasn't lying. The mash was like eating a cloud that Jesus had just laid on. Soft and holy. I wouldn't die for it. But I could have because the mash was his own, not on the menu, fresh made and with some secret ingredients. We trusted him not to kill us with kindness and dodgy cooking.

Chips galore, cooked perfectly, steak you could feed the queen and a little broken English speaking fellow called Cecil G who we still keep in contact with now. Always trying his special foods.

Also we saw Michael Barrymore entertaining guests and Cecil entertaining him. It's really a cultured place

1  Thank Fred W