“A weekend stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnsley
Burntwood Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Barnsley B&B and Inns
barnsley uk
“A weekend stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

As an ex Barnsley lass I was over joyed when my husband had booked us onto the hotel as a surprise, The building on arrival was FANTASTIC (didn't realise it was that long since i was last there). Check in was fast, efficient and very friendly, The rooms had every thing we needed and things that we had run out of was brought to us within minutes, Our evening meal was first class the likes i have tasted in London and it was a pleasure to have such quality in the area.

I hope now we have found this little gem we will not leave it as long before we visit again, Thank you to the friendly staff, for adding to a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yvette s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
barnsley
Reviewed 16 May 2012

waterguard

Barnsley

13 May 2012

Our first visit to Burntwood Hotel was that as aunt and uncle of the bride at a wedding reception. The hotel is clearly well built and of solid quality. The spa rooms etc are very clean and comfortable. Thats where the positives end. On being invited to take our seats in the restaurant for the wedding lunch was about to be served I noticed that several of our party were withour bread rolls. On reading the menu I was pleased to see prawns in a marie rose sauce as one of the starters. I quite fancied splashing out and adding a special touch of mixing a malt whiskey in the sauce.

I approached a gentleman who appeared to be a waiter and politely explained to him my intention to add a malt to my started, and asked if he could supply the missing bread. I can honestly say that after visiting hundreads of hotels all over the world I have never had the misfortune to be served by a rude, arrogant, ignorant and agressive person.

I was told in no uncertain matter that I couldnt he wouldnt serve me with the malt and that I should sit down… the aggressive stare into my eyes were quite intimidating. Not wishing to cause a scene I returned to my seat as commanded by the waiter… 10 minutes lter as the starters were being served we were still waiting for the bread and my malt whisky. At this time I called the waiter or whatever his title is, to our table to complain. I was astonished at the agressive tone of the waiter/ maitre d or what ever his position is.

The food served was overcooked with the vegetables too soft and the beef too dry.

The following morning at breakfast was not much better, with the breakfast on a Sunday morning being served between 8.00 and 9,30am we decided not to be late. We entered the breafast room at 9.00am with no one to welcome us. We decided it must be a self service breakfast, with all orange juice, grapefruit juice or apple juice containers empty. we stood arround fot 10 minutes for the water cocentrate orange juice to arrive. We were finally served by a waitress at 9.40am asking for our breakfast order. Our table had not been reset from the earlier customer. with half eaten breakfasts still on the table we were served with our order at 9.50.am

In summary the gloss of a new looking well built property is desperatly let down by the quality of service and produce on offer. If you dont mind being insulted, by agressive staff, and poor quality food, this is the place for you.. certainly NOT for me.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BarnsleyRaiders

Travellers are raving about these Barnsley hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stay here regularly when I’m in the area for business and overall I think the hotel is good.

I think the hotel has improved as when I first stayed last year, the TVs were old and there was no reception...they only had channel 1 to 5. The heating went off at a certain time in the evening so I had a very cold night sleep as it was winter. This is not a problem anymore!

I think the rooms are comfortable and clean, depending which room you get they are generally spacious.

The reception, personally is hit and miss, sometimes it gets really busy and you could be phoning for long periods of time to get through and reserve a room or queuing to check in. The staff are usually friendly.

It is annoying that the spa and restaurant/pub are separate to the hotel and you have to go outside...especially if it is raining or cold. The breakfast selection is adequate and the food in the pub is OK. The staff in the pub I think could be more friendly. The pub is a nice atmosphere, there is TV with sports showing and they have pub quiz’s etc.

I continue to stay here when I'm in the area for work...so it has more positive points than negative!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellerTam82
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, my room was lovely if a little empty (it looked like it had been cleared out by the bailiffs just left the bed, chair and tv).
The function food was brilliant and hot to boot although the downside was that the service was very slow, by the time we started to eat our main course the top table had finished theirs.
My overall impression was that everything was nice and not to over priced but there just seemed a lack of staff in every department.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Popside007
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed on business, whilst the website is impressive looks can be deceiving. The staff were polite and attentive and the reception area was welcoming. The rooms were spacious but unispiring with little facilities, no shaver points, limited lighting and refreshments.

The hotel was very quiet and therefore the hotel restaurant and bar were closed there was a pub and restaurant owned and operated by the hotel on site, but required an uncovered walk. We ate in the pub restaurant but the food was the bog standard boil in a bag/microwave variety and the service was slow and unattentive. The leisure facilities were also not adjacent to the hotel and required an uncovered walk.
Breakfast was ok but limited choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank neil g
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Writing a review for Burntwood Court Hotel is not straightforward.The hotel does not seem to have, or have sought, any star-rating, and does not figure on the usual sites like laterooms or last minute .
The hotel is part of a complex that includes a gym and spa, a pub/restaurant an upmarket restaurant and a nightclub.It is not part of a chain.
We stayed at the hotel to take advantage of a pre Xmas 'tribute night' with a meal.
The hotel rooms are much bigger than one gets with the usual corporate hotels and the bathrooms are similarly supersized.Relatively new, the hotel is well maintained and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bedlinen crisp and welcoming. There was no bath in the shower-room but a spacious and well equipped shower.
From our point of view the highlight of our stay was the gym and leisure complex, probably one of the best we have ever encountered. A superbly equipped gym resides on the first floor with panoramic picture windows looking over open agricultural long range views. The ground floor houses a large swimming pool and a small pool for youngsters. Additionally there is a spa pool area with a large spa bath incorporating all sorts of waterjets. Finally there is a huge sauna and a steam room.All this is beautifully maintained and built to a very high standard.

The hotel would suit anyone visiting the area and looking for something different to the usual run of the corporate mill. It is handy for racegoers visiting Pontefract or Doncaster, and because of its proximity to the A1 even Wetherby and York.

The Spa does a wide range of beauty programmes and the complex would be ideal for visiting Hen Parties, particularly if they fitted in around one of the frequent Friday or Saturday cabaret nights.

Room Tip: The rural location means all rooms have good views.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wegetaround02
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have visited this hotel a few times over the last 7 years and i must say it's a very nice hotel,
The rooms are very spacious and very clean, the reception staff are very friendly.
The bar is very nice and a nice place to relax, I haven't visited the on site night club the qube yet.But will be returning to another event at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SarahHill01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnsley
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
#3 of 3 in Dodworth
Travelodge Barnsley
Travelodge Barnsley
#4 of 8 in Barnsley

Been to Burntwood Court Hotel? Share your experiences!