“Excellent value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cooper Gallery

The Cooper Gallery
Ranked #11 of 47 things to do in Barnsley
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

The dining area is attached to the art gallery so it's quite small, but the food is good, the service friendly and the prices are around half the prices charged at other similar cafés in the Town.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Roger B

Lincoln, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink.......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Cooper Gallery has a small area which serves incidental lunches like sandwiches etc. My wife and I lunched there yesterday. We wish we hadn't. Our sandwiches and what passed as a "salad garnish" were edible but I have eaten better in rural areas of Pakistan.

The real problem arose, however, when I requested water from the tap to go with our meal. The reaction was very poor indeed - I would describe it as a scowl - and I was advised I could buy a bottle of water for 75p, I think......but that they didn't serve water from a tap.

Now yesterday was a very heavy, hot and humid day.....just the time when a customer oriented business should be offering tap water in jugs on every table. I was never asked if we required the water for medication etc which would be a question I'd ask if I were the manager.

We left with a very sour taste in our very dry mouths and went to Costa where chilled water was available with our coffees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Cooper Gallery, Come on the bistro or whatever posh word you use to describe yourself. Get yourselves into the 21st Century.

This was poor service. We will as you guess never return to your establishment...........

Visited July 2013