“Excellent”
Review of Keelings Fish Bar

Keelings Fish Bar
Ranked #9 of 335 Restaurants in Barnsley
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Open Monday to Saturday lunch 11.30Am to 1.30Pm open Monday to Friday dinner 4.30Pm to 7.30Pm Take away fish and chips only
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Some of the best fish and chips I've had, with really good quality, chunky and tasty fish, definitely visiting again. A local gem!

Ian S, Owner at Keelings Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

lovely review thank you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a fantastic chippy. Really lovely, reasonable priced food and run by lovely people. cant recommend enough.

Ian S, Owner at Keelings Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thankyou for your comments we always aim for high standards and your comments will be passed to all my staff thankyou.

Ian Senior

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Tried here for the first time a couple of month ago. Im not the biggest fan of fish and chips but decided for a change to give Keelings a chance and it was beautiful will be coming back again :)

Ian S, Owner at Keelings Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Brilliant thanks for the review we all work hard at keelings to provide quality food thankyou

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent service and food, I've visited twice and found it excellent both times. The fish was cooked fresh for me and was beautiful, along with tasty chips and mushy peas. He even threw in a sausage on the house! The man who served me was very friendly (I'm thinking he was the owner) and attentive, I couldn't fault it in any way.
I'm only in the area for a sort time with work but will definitely return!!

Ian S, Owner at Keelings Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review have a safe journey to Ireland

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Decided to visit this fish & chip shop after seeing the great reviews on TA. On a Tuesday lunchtime, I was the only customer around.
Friendly welcome & smart looking, traditional look to the place. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed at all with what I ordered. The fish was very dry (suspect it might have been in the warmer a while?) & I found a fish bone, the chips were ok & my mushy peas were tasteless & very runny. I've had a lot better in Barnsley.
Either I've been unlucky & caught them on a bad day or there has been some concerted effort to move themselves up the TA rankings (there are a lot of 1 reviewers giving them glowing praise!)
Either way I won't be returning!!

6  Thank Leedsaway67
Ian S, Owner at Keelings Fish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

I have just read your review and I am very concerned with your comments. As you can see from past customers and customers who do not write on trip adviser we don't have problems like this please call back into the shop and let me put things right.
Ian (owner)