“Afternoon tea”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barnsley
Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Barnsley
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Did something different for a change took my mum for afternoon tea, for Mother's Day. What a tea it was, lots of choice for the sandwiches and cakes. Service was very good and pleasant. All the food was fresh and presented very well. Will be doing it again for Mother's Day beats buying over priced flowers that die within a couple of days!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mgp007
There are newer reviews for Brooklands Hotel

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We held a 60th Birthday party for my husband on Sunday 6th January. What a fabulous day, the service was so professional but with the personal touch that made us all feel so special.

Great service, good food, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We had our annual Christmas dinner party here last night and as it's my 1st visit here I was looking forward to it. There was a good atmosphere as it was fairly busy with other groups such as the one I was in. The place is attractive and there was a huge Christmas tree in the foyer which did look good. However, some of my party did comment that not one staff member had smilled or been attentive to their needs. The food was decent overall but was spoiled by the rushed way it was served and then other gaps between courses where we assumed that we'd been forgotten about. I had the steak course and dissappointingly, I was not asked how I would like it served. It arrived medium/well done, and the course was very dry with liitle in the way of sauce. The Yorkshire pud was fairly cool in temperature. Some of my colleagues had a dessert in need of fresh cream & it took my friend some considerable time to achieve the desired small jug without much pleasantness from the waiter. Drinks were overpriced and rather typical of a hotel at this time of year.

I realise that it's a busy time for the staff and that they were catering for the masses, but it seems that it was all too easy to overlook the importance of basic customer service & making the customer feel valued.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sk93rh
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Although we live about 2 miles from Brooklands this was our first time we had a meal there.
We had dinner one week day, it was not too busy but plenty in to give the right atmosphere.
The dinning area is very pleasant and the service was very good. We both had the Egg Benedict for starters.and the main course we both had steak mine rare and my wife well done, they were both done to perfection that good as my wife hates to see any trace of blood follow her knife.
We both can recommend Brooklands.

Room Tip: We did not book a room we just had dinner
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

An impromptu visit with friends a week last Sunday for lunch. At last minute notice it was one of the only places we could get a table!

According to my friend this is always the case and there's probably a reason for that....

Overall I have to say it wasn't an unpleasant experience. It was clean and tidy with lovely gardens, the staff were friendly and helpful, the toilets were clean and hygienic.

So you say, 'whats not to like?', and that's a fair point. Its not like there was anything specific to dislike, more of a case of just a little something missing. Atmosphere.

The large dinning room was all but deserted, hence being able to get a table easily, the lighting left a little to be desired and the background music was questionable (for me anyway).

As I say, overall it was OK and we did have a good time. The food was good and prompt, although not particularly cheap, and the service was excellent.

In summary I would have to say 'yes go there, have meal, enjoy, but temper your expectations slightly, its never going to hold a light to other wedding grade hotels'.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012

As a party of four we enjoyed an excellent evening at Brooklands. On arrival the welcome and bar service were first class. The food was well-cooked and well-presented, with a good choice, and service in the restaurant was attentive and friendly. We felt the whole experience was an improvement on our previous visit a year ago.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed for one night as part of a conference. The food package was odd to say the least...gorgeous calamari risotto, followed by either pizza and chips or sausage and mash (!) and a choice of desserts...starter and dessert both lovely, mains, very disappointing. Service at the bars was fine overall, and the room are as you would expect from a Holiday Inn. My only big issue was finding an acrylic fingernail in my bed - not mine! I mentioned it to reception on checkout, the receptionist did apologise, but it would put me off staying again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnsley
Travelodge Barnsley
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!