“20 MINUTES FOR A SANDWICH?”
Review of Brambles Tea Room

Brambles Tea Room
Ranked #202 of 342 Restaurants in Barnsley
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I used Brambles on my lunch break as a last resort as I have had previously bad service - they didnt disappoint! There was no other customers in when I ordered my plain tuna on brown and I still had to wait for 20 minutes for my sandwich to be handed to me. One boy on the counter and one boy in the kitchen, both need some lessons in customer service Im afraid.

1  Thank talula27
Bramblesmanager , Owner at Brambles Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. On the day in question there was two male staff on duty and after consulting with them I have found that you did not notify them of your limited time for waiting and as there was already pre ordered food being made up for collection yours was put Into the queue. If you had mentioned you were on your lunch break they would have slotted you in quicker. There has always been a facility for customers to telephone ahead and preorder their food for collection just for this very reason. Also we had been extremely busy with tuna mayo that day and so there was a slight delay whilst a new batch was made up. I believe our staff were courteous and polite to you but if you feel you received less than our normal high standard of customer service please do not hesitate to contact the manager who will address any of your concerns in person.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Can not understand folk who feel it necessary to pull businesses down publicly but never say anything to their servers at the time. I have always found this tearoom to be the epitome of good old Yorkshire hospitality . Their food is excellent albeit you will have a wait at very busy times but that is to be expected. And some times there may be mistakes but all it takes is a little word and I can assure you they will put it right and make sure you are happy with whatever you have ordered. So why if your coffee seemed weak or cool didn't you just have a word and get it sorted to your satisfaction instead of moaning after the event. As for the "pal" reference , I love it when I'm called love or duck but then I love Yorkshire .

Thank you for your review we take on board all comments. We are pleased you enjoy your visits to brambles and that you feel we do fulfil our objective to provide quality food and excellent service . We have hundreds of satisfied customer comment slips (we have been here for 13 years) which we always feel proud to read but do take on board any negative remarks with a view to making improvements as it is our customers satisfaction that is most important. However as you have pointed out our staff always strive to make everyone's visit pleasurable and most times all it is needed is a little word with the staff to allow us to correct any problem there and then. We look forward to seeing you again and don't forget to fill in the comment slips .

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We only called in for coffee, and asked for an espresso and an americano. The young man serving (who felt able to call one of us "pal") had no idea what either of them was, and engaged in a lengthy conversation with the person who appeared to be the owner about the differences. After far too long, whilst one of us told there at the counter waiting, she intervened to show him. The espresso was on the cool side of luke warm and the americano was weak. So, service very poor, coffee very poor.

Thank you for your comments we take all reviews on board . On the day in question you was served by a new member of staff that wasn't up to date with the term americano which is now a more popular term for a regular coffee. He is a local young man and does slip into the Yorkshire dialect so please accept my apologies for any offence caused when he used the term Pal. To make your americano a single shot of expresso is used then topped off with water. If you had mentioned you felt it was weak ,we could have added a further shot for your enjoyment . The expresso you felt was cool should have been reported to us as the temperature is pre set and any deviation can only be reported by the customer and I'm sorry you didn't mention this either so we could have rectified it and replaced your coffee. The duty manager that explained the americano didn't feel there was any problems whilst you were being served and is disappointed that you didn't speak to her regarding your service and coffee whilst you were there. It is Brambles aim that everyone enjoys their visit we are sorry you didn't feel that we achieved this on your visit.