“Interesting for a short visit”
Review of Pot House Hamlet

Pot House Hamlet
Ranked #14 of 47 things to do in Barnsley
More attraction details
Owner description: Destination to visit and tourist attraction with many amenities. The site is free to visit and has a cafe, boutique shops, animals to feed, garden centre, picnic areas and more! The area offers lots of stunning walks and cycle trails and Pot House Hamlet has free car parking allowing you to explore the area at your leisure.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Sheffield, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Interesting for a short visit”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This little place is tucked away in the lovely village of Silkstone. The buildings look rather quaint but well maintained. I went primarily for the garden centre, which has a good selection of plants and gardening supplies. I realised there were other little shops so had a browse around. I found some unusual and nice quality clothes in one of the stores and would definitely pay them another visit if I was looking for something for a special occasion. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit just to browse but if I was passing I would call in again, and maybe have a coffee in the cafe, because the cakes looked very nice. Because it was snowing I didn't stay long, but I suspect there may be more to see than I found.

Visited February 2013

Elsecar, barnsleyl, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Lovely coffee”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Worth a vist, a wide range of coffee. Very friendly cafe. Approx 10 minutes from barnsley town centre. 5 mintutes from m1 junction 37

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Katie M
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“nice for a quiet afternoon out”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

lovely garden centre with little boutique-style shops - a nice place to have a wander round. The cafe is very good - my husband recommends the flapjacks!. I like the card shop because it stocks cards which are a bit different to the usual high street options. Pookie's is well worth a browse - some of the clothes are a bit pricey but I have found bargains in the past, and they usually stock some very nice handbags at reasonable prices, as well as a lovely range of scarves.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Janet E
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great gem of a place, well worth a visit”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I visited the Shabby Chick Geek here, which is a fantastic shop. I couldn't resist having a good look around all the other shops too. It's a gem of a spot & well worth a visit. I'm looking forward to stopping off in the cafe next time.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Alma_Shank1
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous new restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

What a wonderful night we had at the tapas night at Rileys last Saturday! The quality of the food is worthy of a Michelin star rating and the service is second to none. This was our fourth visit since they opened this spring and we are very pleased and proud to have such a great little gem of a restaurant in our village. The classy and rustic redesign of the interior itself is worthy of a visit and much more appealing than it was previously. The homemade selection of ice creams is worth a detour when out walking. We had a celebration meal with our twin town from the Vendee in France last week and all 35 of them thought the meal and the restaurant were "Magnifique" a real compliment from the French. I Highly recommend this restaurant which you need to book in advance as it is so popular.

Visited July 2013