“Excellant, staff, food, facilities”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 22 March 2011

From the moment we walked into the hotel we were greeted with smiles and excellent service. The hotel was clean and tidy even though they had a wedding and another function to deal with. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. Again the service was efficient and the staff always had a smile on their faces.

The breakfast choice and quality was exceptional.

We were staying on a spar break and received our treatments on the Sunday afternoon. The staff in the spa were again (getting boring now) happy to tend to our every whim with smiles on there faces.

A very very enjoyable weekend. Will be going to visit again for one of their comedy or tribute weekends.

Yes the wine is expensive, but hey your on holiday!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to read that you had a good time with us and felt relaxed after your visit. We proud ourselves in offering a true Yorkshire Hospitality, warm and friendly.
We have many offers available on our Website so make the most of it, have you tried the mid week Spa special offers?

cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

Reviewed 20 March 2011

We met one nice lady called claire who worked on the bar our room was oki nice place just a shame the food let it down ova priced and not a great deal to chose from

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank mi_ck_ey_2k6

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as you were expecting. I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss your comments.
I hope that you will give me the opportunity to restore your faith with us.

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Really impressed with the staff; efficient, friendly, respectful and helpful, especially the receptionist and the waitress who used the staff vending machine to buy us a chocolate bar after discovering none were sold at the bar.
The rest of the Hotel is what is; essentially a conference/business/event venue... not what we'd choose for a romantic or special break.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

We have many offers available on our Website so make the most of it and I can assure you that our Leisure guests are as important as any other guests.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

My husband had booked for this for me as a treat for my birthday, my sister joined me for the break. So two girls having a relaxing stay! All staff we spoke to were helpful and so friendly. Any query we had they answered for us. A bonus for us was that on a Sunday the 'restaurant' is closed so our lunch and dinner was in the 'pub'. At Lunch we had the additional option of the Carvery-superb! We struggled to spend the £25 limit for a 3 course meal in the pub. The menu had a good choice and the food was of a high standard. The spa was a lovely area and treatments very nice. The only thing lacking was a 'chillout area' or somewhere to relax and read near the spa. At other 'Spa Breaks' there have been 'chillout rooms' or a cafe/ casual sitting area. A thoroughly enjoyable stay, nothing at all could be faulted.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 March 2011

My husband an I stayed at Tankersley Manor on Saturday night for a one night spa break to celebrate my husband's birthday.
The hotel was beautiful, in a convenient location, albeit just off of a main road, so not rural.
We were offered an upgrade from a Standard Double to a Superior on arrival for £10 which we took advantage of. Obviously I couldn't compare our room with a standard, however it was beautiful, very clean and spactious and catered for our needs perfectly.
The staff were friendly, pleasant and helpful. However, as it was our first stay there were questions that we needed to ask like Spa times, were towels available in the spa etc. It would have been helpful to have been told about this on arrival.
The spa facilities are extremely clean and throughout our stay were quiet so despite not being to big, never felt crowed.
Breakfast was delicious and catered for everybody's needs and the staff in the restaurant couldn't have been nicer.
Overall we had a lovely break at a very reasonable price and we would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Reviewed 5 March 2011

This hotel is good. Excellent facilities, with pool, gym, sauna and jacuzzi. Breakfast is nice and other food is good too. Rooms are spacious and well presented. Plentiful parking with great access to motorway.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to read that you had a good time with us.
We have many offers available on our Website so make the most of it.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

The stay at Tankersley was excellent. This was our first stay at a QHotel. The staff,without exception were polite and efficient, and extremely helpfull, with hotel information and finding external entertainment for us. The room was excellent!
The only minus point was the food and the restaurant/kitchen! During our second night, my wife and I waited for over an hour to be served our main meal. We'd almost given up the will to eat. When it arrived, the lamb was tastless and my chicken was overcooked and both dishes were little more than sub-standard pub grub! very dissapointing.
We eventually moved to Pines Lakes. The food was much better. And breakfast was wonderful.
Apart from the dining experience. Tankersley was excellent and we thank the staff for a most enjoyable stay.
Tony and Claire.
PS The comedy show was dreadful!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback. We will launch our new restaurant menu on the 18th April, I hope that you will come back very soon to sample it. You will definitely see a significant improvement, with great choice and excellent value for money.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Staindrop Lodge
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!