“Diamond wedding”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Our family has just spent an excellent weekend at Tankersley Manor in order to celebrate our parents' diamond wedding. The hotel catered for all our needs, namely, disabled access and room, centrally placed and ability to take a dog. The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotless, although a little on the warm side. Food and service in the restaurant were good. Many thanks to the staff who made our celebration that bit more special and enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us during such a special occasion. I will communicate your praises to the team as they take a lot of pride in delivering a true Yorkshire Hospitality.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

First visit to Tankersley 21.01.2012 and it was overall very nice. Lovely helpful staff both in hotel and spa. Spa facilities very good and relaxed atmosphere. Massage excellent and totally unrushed. Hotel rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is in a lovely setting. Downside - a little lack of information regarding the evening meal which we understood later should have been booked on arrival and therefore only given two choices of when to eat i.e. 7.15p.m. or 8.45 p.m.The dining room is obviously too small if there are a large amount of clients wishing to eat. Three people from the party choose rib eye steak, medium and medium rare (the only steak on the menu). Unfortunately two steaks being well done. They immediately took them back and returned with two more. Unfortunately although mine was medium it was completely tasteless and my colleagues said the same. Not quite what we were expecting for a Duke of Buccleuah rib eye steak!. The evening meal was in with our spa deal up to the value of £26.00. If I had just booked a meal, I would definately not have paid the £22.00 for this course. The staff were made aware. Otherwise the lunch and breakfast both buffet style were plentiful, good selection of choice and excellent. The wine was priced extortoinately by the bottle as well as the glass.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer.
Our Spa Packages are very popular, please visit our website to find out more about any other special packages. I have noted your comments and will make sure that our supplier is made aware as indeed we normally have a very good quality of beef and high expectation.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night DB&B and had a wonderful time. The staff in particular all around the hotel were very cheerful, professional and well trained. The facilities were excellent in particular the gym which was very spacious with good equipment. The pool and steam/sauna rooms were very clean and inviting. I stay in a lot of hotels with work around the country and our room was one of the cleanest that I have encountered for a long time. We had booked a double superior room which was well worth the extra.
The food for dinner was very good. Our only (minor) complaint at dinner was that the houmus as an appetiser was a bit bland and needed more seasoning. Our starters and main courses were beautiful and the restaurant staff were the most pleasant I've come across in an hotel for years. If anything could be improved it would be that breakfast could be presented a bit more professionally. I'm a fan of dedicated breakfast areas with hard floors that create more of a breakfast experience than trolleys wheeled out onto carpets for the morning. The breakfast food was good though and again service was excellent.
Overall very pleased and would definitely go back again with the rest of the family.
We would certainly go back again and would rec

1  Thank Cahill5Family

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback, I am please to read that you have enjoyed the Yorkshire Hospitality that the team delivers here, indeed the team is proud and will always endeavour to go the extra mile. I have communicated your feedback to the chef so we can make the improvements.
I am delighted that you will visit us again, please check our website to make the most of our fantastic deals.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Having just spent a night at the Tankersley manor on a spa break with 5 other friends as a treat for a birthday we left feeling quite disappointed. The staff were very friendly and curteous but they were so busy and short staffed that even getting a drink from the bar took 25 minutes minimum. The rooms were so hot that my friends were unable to get any sleep and the rooms were very small and fairly basic, you would expect more from a 4 star hotel. We preordered lunch for a specified time on the Sunday but it was 40 minutes after that we received it. It took 20 minutes just to get a cup of coffee!! On the plus side the food in the main restaurant was of a good standard.
All in all it all seemed to be let down by service, not because the staff were not curteous or hard working but that there were not enough of them, I would expect more from a 4 star facility, We were looking at this venue for a wedding but this weekend has confirmed that they would not be able to provide the standard we are looking for.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
I would appreciate if you could contact me in order to discuss your comments further. We do listen to our guest and will always rectify if we do not deliver to the required standards.
I hope that you will give me the opportunity to restore your faith with us.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Having stayed in a Q hotel before (brandwood manor) I was disappointed with this one. The room wasn't a patch on the last one. The bathroom was a bit tired and dirty, the room itself was dull and the radiator seemed fixed on super hot, even though i turned it down. I mentioned this to reception who said they would look at it. I stayed with my partner, DB, and we both have dinner in the restaurant. The started of haddock chowder was delicious although our main courses were a little shy on portions and DB had chicken supreme and potato which for £15.00, she was expecting something special. Unfortunately this was not the case. We did mention this to the waiter who offered us a free dessert. Breakfast was the usual affair of buffet, not much you can say, as it was pretty atypical mid-lower hotel standard. I think the main reason I was disappointed was the fact that the night cost quite a lot of money and it didn't seem to justify the cost.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointing to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as your were expecting. We have a great choice of bedrooms and can allocate rooms in various part of the Hotel. We are constantly refurbishing our bedrooms and now moving to the next phase.
I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Please contact me prior, I will make sure that we make your next stay a special one.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here for one night as part of a romantic weekend away. We were not disappointed. The rooms were to a pretty high standard and the hotel itself was in a very picturesque setting with Yorkshire stone across the whole site and the south pennine trail only a short walk away.
We had our evening meal in the bar area, but could have easily dined in the restaurant for a more formal evening. The food was of a good standard and despite the expense for drinks, had a very enjoyable evening.
The spa was downstairs and even early in the morning, the pool was tepid and warm to swim in and the steam room was hot, all fully functioning except the sauna, which we were non plussed about anyway.
The gym is small as you'd expect, but to a decent standard considering it wasn't a member's gym, with all the main equipment you could expect to find.
Overall, this place has a lot to offer and very convenient to get to. It also hosts weddings and we could definately see ourselves having photos in the courtyard one day. Maybe.
The only downside was that we were put on the same floor as the wedding guests, and with relatively thin walls, made the night rather disruptive for my partner, who is a light sleeper.

Room Tip: If you notice a party going ahead, it's probably best to ask for a quieter aspect within the com...

Dear Guests,
Our Romantic and Spa Packages are very popular, please visit our website to find out more about any other special packages.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here whilst on business.

Room was very nice, clean and fairly spacious. Bathroom was very clean. Gymn well equipped and fairly modern, pool etc medium sized but pleasant enough.

Check in was slow, mainly due to an American party in the queue ahead of me who was being given directions by an extremely patient receptionist!

I ate in the bar both nights and the food was very nice. Not out of this world but better than average for this type of hotel.

Will stay again next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. Our location is ideal just 2 minutes off Junction 36 on the M1 but suitable for both our business and leisure guests, with some great facilities with our Leisure and Spa and FREE internet access to all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future. As a regular guest you can also join our Blissness Rewards scheme exclusively for the business guests or our Breakaway Club for our Leisure guests. Do not hesitate to contact us to join.
Christophe Gitton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#12 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!