“Friendly staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Lovely and clean with a nice swimming pool. I was disappointed with the lack of toiletries as we had paid extra for upgraded facilities and we got one tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner between 2 adults and 1 sachet of coffee each which just seems a bit mean! Also there should have been dressing gowns available. My biggest grumble was the breakfast was cold - there was a massive container full of barely warm scrambled eggs in a deserted resteraunt and we were in there at 8 am. The poached/fied eggs must have been prepared ages in advanced and the potatoes and beans were also cold. I am sure if I had mentioned it at the time it would have gone back to the kitchen for a reheat, but there must have been a significant amount of wasted food on that day. All in all the staff are very nice and we had a lovely evening meal, but I expected more from Q Hotels. (I would have given a rating of "Good" but you can only go from "average" to "very good".)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
I have noticed your comments and will make sure that we improve on this so you can give us very good after your next visit.
We are looking forward to welcoming back very soon.
Christophe Gitton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

this hotel is wonderfull room really clean and little touches were lovely bed lovely food was lovely and disco cool had a lovely valentines break and the next day we had a few hours in pool and spa cant fault this hotel please try for yourself you will love it me and husband felt so relaxed we will be staying again x

Dear Guests,
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable evening with us when attending our Valentine Ball. Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Less than a stones throw off the M1, the hotel is a traditional stone building with bags of character, well appointed and furnished to a hi standard. The staff throughout we're efficient, very friendly and made our brief stay very enjoyable. Quite a few stairs involved in getting to the main accommodation area across an arched link bridge although there are some disabled accessiblel rooms we passed on the reception level. Our room was spacious, the bed one of most comfortable that We've slept in in recent years and again clean and well maintained, the shower and hot water especially good. Well worth considering for business or pleasure as the is a spa and other recreational facilities. Not overpriced either and great value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback and I am delighted that your event was once more very successful this year and enjoyed the charm and character of Tankersley Manor. Indeed our location is ideal just 2 minutes off Junction 36 on the M1with 350 free car park spaces and suitable for both our business and leisure guests, with some great facilities with our Leisure and Spa and FREE internet access to all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
London
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Its was one of those experiences the business traveler hates. Arriving in a good mood at night to find they were not expecting you - but no problem as they had plenty of rooms.

Planning to stay for a 2 day business meeting but there computer was down so they could not trace my booking or the company's. So sign a blank piece of paper and hope they will sort out in the morning. Take room key and tramp with 2 heavy bags up 3 flights of stairs and through 3 fire doors - try to open room door. Key does not work - tramp back down stairs and through fire doors again. Explain and get a new key - a word of apology would be nice, instead of the suggestion had I had put the key in correctly! Back up stairs and fire doors, sense of humor failing by now. Retrace steps again and find bar and order food and a drink. Drink is great but food is very uninspiring and indifferent - bar plays most obscure music. Tried to sign for meal - told that I had not checked in yet so couldn't. Show key and car and helpful bar lady trots off to reception and returns saying "their computer is down"!
Kept asking for next 2 days had they switched my bill to the company account to be told no - I think they did eventually.

This is a busy road house hotel close to the motorway and bards are full of business people having informal meetings. They obviously do well but the rooms are tired, the food poor and it all seems very stuck in a rut as far as service is concerned.
I stayed the week before in their hotel in Telford - a much nicer experience - different as chalk and cheese.

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointing to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Please accept my apologies. We have a great choice of bedrooms and can allocate rooms in various part of the Hotel, please contact me prior to your next visit and I will allocate you a different bedroom. Unfortunately we had an issue with our IT on the day however this should not have affected your reservation. We are constantly refurbishing our bedrooms and the next phase is about to start. I would appreciate if you could contact me in order to restore your faith with us.
I hope that I will have the opportunity to speak to you in the very near future.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The hotel was easy to find, comfortable, affordable and has loads of parking too. My only small gripe was that service at dinner was a little on the slow side. I would stay here again though.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. Indeed our location is ideal just 2 minutes off Junction 36 on the M1with 350 free car park spaces and suitable for both our business and leisure guests, with some great facilities with our Leisure and Spa and FREE internet access to all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future. As a regular guest you can also join our Rewards scheme exclusively for the business guests or our Breakaway Club for our Leisure guests. Do not hesitate to contact us to join.
Anlaby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

SUMMARY: Reception - OK. Room - excellent. Food - some good and some not so good. Staff - some outstanding and some indifferent. Location - pleasant. Overall - Good but could so easily be great.

DETAIL: I'm a fairly regular visitor to Q Hotels 'The Stratford' in Stratford on Avon and I'm on their mailing list. I booked this following an email showing special offers for bookings made in January and got an excellent deal of £136.80 for two nights, two people B&B in a 'Q Star' room which has a settee, bathrobes, beer, wine and snacks etc. Reception on arrival was adequate although not warm and welcoming. The room was excellent, spacious, pleasant and clean.

DINING:We ate in the restaurant on the first night and had mixed feelings I loved my starter - my wife found hers to be bland, my wife said her salmon main course was the best she'd had whilst my slow roast pork belly was the complete opposite. Staff were pleasant and helpful with ordering but did not check if any of the food was OK during the meal or when removing plates etc.
We ate in the bar on the second evening having resrved a table earlier in the day. Our table had empty glasses on but was cleared by a female staff member however she did not wipe the table which was covered in liquid. I asked a barman (black trousers and shirt - suspect fairly new) to do this and he did so immediately and with an apology. My omelette was slightly overdone but tasted fine - my wife's lasagne was overdone and burnt in parts. Again we were not, at any time, asked if the food was OK.
Breakfast was excellent and staff were generally attentive despite being very busy. Mohammed is worthy of particular note - always welcoming, always smiling and always happy to engage in conversation - a breath of fresh air and a credit to the hotel.

We ran out of coffee in our room so asked at reception for more - the receptionist offered some 'decaff' sachets however we prefer 'normal'. She told us, in a dismissive' manner that was all she had and that we would have to ask at the bar ( where we had just dined). We went back to the bar and spoke with a young barman called James who couldn't have been more helpful. He couldn't find any initially but went off like a man on a mission and came up with the goods - nothing was too much trouble for him and he did everything with a smile on his face.

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
I have noticed your comments and will make sure that we improve on this. We have a very professional and friendly team that will go out their way to please our guests, this should happen all the time and I can assure you that we will make sure that it continues.
We are looking forward to welcoming back very soon.
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I am a regular stayer at the Tankersly Manor, and this hotel never fails to deliver.

From the reception staff through to the restaurant and bar staff, nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: On arrival, always check for an upgrade. For the princley sum of £10.00 I have always been upgraded...