Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$47
1,850 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsevening mealspa stafflovely spalight lunchleisure facilitiessteam room and saunabar areabar pricesmy mumwedding venuefood was lovelybuffet stylewedding receptionfollowing morningafternoon tea
Reviewed 3 March 2012

completley agree with previous review ref my experiance at Tankersley Manor 29//02/2012, Arrived and booked in ordered wake up call and newspaper. Went to SPA area where enjoyed experiance. Went up to room and settled down to watch football.
Called to order room service via reception as the room service number was not answered after five minutes . Then waited almost an hour for drinks to arrive, i was served a glass of wine instead of a bottle and the waiter had forgot my coffee and milk !!!These eventually arrived ten minutes later. So set off for evening meal which started off well, even if service was a little slow. I then settled down to the most uncomfortable night ever with only 2 flat pillows and a hard matress to sleep on and when i eventually dropped off to sleep was awoken by a loud cattling and banging from a few ethnic people this was around 6am ( found out later we had been upgraded to a deluxe room ( costing £10 ) next to the cleaning station and that the chinese staff can be a bit loud !! ) . Again i found sleep and jumped up realising it was gone 830 and i had had no 730 wake up call and had no paper delivered . We rushed together our things and realised we had no time for breakfast so proceeded to check out.

The receptionist , Tracy , asked if every thing was ok and i explained no , and went on to tell her about my night from hell and the fact i now could not even have breakfast, she went on to say she had forgot the paper , the manager had forgot the recording of the wake up call and the chinese people were a little noisy so she would pass on these comments and the pillows and hard matress coments, with ref bar service problems had occured all night and she had been relaying messages as the bar had not picked up all night.

She then went on to charge me full rate for everything with nothing offered ,and was told i should have called ref pillows but to be honest i stated i didnt fancy another hour wait , i stated the least she could do was knock off the deluxe room price to which sher reluctantly did but when i checked my reciept at home this had olso been charged in error. I then opened my post to another appology and a £10 refund ! I think the service i recieved was shocking and i too will contact Q Hotels

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TAdvisor289
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read that your stay was not comfortable and will contact you to discuss your comments. It seems that there were some communication issues during your stay, I can assure you that I will investigate your comments and take the appropriate action, please accept my apologies. We are very please to be able to welcome guests staying in the hotel from all over the world, and my apologies if it was too noisy in the morning.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed at Tankersley Manor 25/2/12 as a spa weekend for my sister in laws hen weekend, on arrival check in took over 30 mins with an assistant who was new clearly out of her depth with no proper supervision. Lunch was served as a buffet which was a total farce, I do not believe the food was prepared by a chef as it looked to be the leftover food from previous day turned into something new which was inedible. Also food was left out on side table with no proper refrigeration and no separation. One member complained about this and was given complimentary sandwiches from bar menu. After complaining about poor quality of lunch we were given an upgrade on evening meal our own private room and free bottles of wine with meal. We were happy with this and put lunchtime disappointment down as a blip on weekend and went on to have an enjoyable afternoon in the Spa. On returning to my room ordered some hot drinks via reception as the room service number was not answered after five minutes . Then waited a further hour and another phone call for drinks to arrive, after complaining again drinks were free. So set off for evening meal which started off well, even if service was a little slow. After waiting 30 mins for someone to take dessert order one of group was sent searching for a member of staff, eventually one arrived to take order we then waited a further 30 minutes for desserts to arrive when the did arrive out of eight desserts only one was edible the tensing desserts were either over cooked, burnt or worse of all still frozen. We went to complain again but the staff were unable to deal with complaints as there was no supervisior on duty at 10 pm at night. On the plus side could not fault breakfast or bar staff who did arrange music for us. On checkout asked for complaints form to be told they did not have one instead spoke to duty manager who said her boss was on holiday but would pass on complaint , in hotels defence he did ring an apologised a few hours later, which still did not make up for poor service my party experienced. Several members of the group emailed a C Gittons who I presume is some form of senior management whose response was a generic email which was sent to the whole group , which basically came across to me as I have had your money and don't give a damn about your experience. I am trying to pursue matter further with Q hotels but am getting nowhere.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Lottie1547
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I can assure you that not only we always have a Duty Manager on duty but I also do respond to all our guests, this is why I contacted you early last week. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the buffet and can assure you that all the health and safety regulation are followed and our food is freshly prepared. Indeed our buffet is usually very popular and exceeds the guest expectation. I am delighted that you were offered an alternative. Our Operations Manager was on duty on the day as well as Sunday and I believe that the lady organising the party was full of praise towards him as he upgraded your party to a private room and made sure that you had a good time. Regarding the evening meal I can assure you that our desserts are not frozen and home made, it may have taken a little bit longer to serve the party as you were 30 minutes late to sit down, again our Operations Manager did make the lady aware on the night that it may affect the speed of the service however it wasn’t an issue from our side as long as you were enjoying the evening.
We will contact you again to discuss your comments.
Yours Sincerely,
General Manager.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Cant fault the location.cosy lounge and food at this Quality hotel.Super pool and spa facilities made this a truly memorable stay.Didn't mind being on my own here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great comments, I am very pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer. Indeed our Leisure and Spa facilities are fantastic and our Spa packages very popular.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

we stayed in room 126 totally fab!! it was like being at home, with all the cosy comforts you can expect!! great sleep, bed was comfortable and the room was always lovely and warm , we had room service which was great, good choices on the menu and totally hearty food, luxury toiletries in our room ,very clean, staff where relaxed and friendly and always had time to engage on conversation, great bar area with plenty of fine wines and proper ales,good wine menu but alittle pricy should have had a guest wine on or something, great breakfast plenty to choose from,relaxing experiance, leisure facilities great ,pool,sauna,steam, gym,fully booked tho for spa treatments so recommend you book early for these,overall great hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 126 suite very large room with all the comforts like home and over looks the fields
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank limby77
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your great comments, I am very pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer. We are always very keen to give our guests a true Yorkshire hospitality. Indeed our Leisure and Spa facilities are fantastic and our Spa packages are very popular therefore it is always advisable to book well in advance.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at Tankersley Manor. We loved the cosy, country manor decor and furnishings. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a four poster room at the front of the hotel with a view over the patio area.

The room was very comfortable and we loved the exposed beams in the bathroom.

Great location for visiting Sheffield, Meadowhall and the Peak District.

Wondeful hearty breakfasts and the food in the bar area was great value, huge portions! We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

We hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am very pleased that you have had a relaxing couple of days with us. Tankersley Manor is full of charm, character. Our location is ideal to visit many of the fantastic attractions that Yorkshire has to offer.
It will be our pleasure of welcoming you back. We have some great packages available with discounts on local attraction too!
I look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.