“weekend stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
“weekend stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed in Feature Room on the RETREAT package to inc Tea and Scones on arrival, however there were no scones to be found in the building! therefore put little dampener on our arrival (3pm just about time youd expect to have tea and scones) - not good. Chef cannot rustle up scones??!! we also asked on the Sunday, but still none available. why do you advertise product you cannot supply? nice four poster room, leisure facilities very good. get a 10% off spa voucher on arrival but no appointments available on arrival - no point advertising this as part of RETREAT package.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your constructive feedback and I am delighted that your overall experience was enjoyable. Indeed there is no excuse for not having the scones available this will not be repeated, I believe that we were able to offer you a suitable alternative. Our Spa is extremely and we always recommend to our guests to book in advance, my apologies if you could not get an appointment on the day.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Please contact me prior and I will make sure that we make your stay even more enjoyable.
Christophe Gitton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Leeds
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have never written a poor review of somewhere before but I will do today after the shocking service the networking group I belong to got after 18 months of using their meeting and coffee facilities. We were basically told that that they did not want our business and that even though alot of us stay and have lunch they were not interested in that either. This is not the way to support female entrepeneurs and small business. Therefore we have taken our custom to a hotel who prides itself on customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Madame

I can assure you that obviously there was some misunderstanding as our operations manager had contacted the lady that organised the meeting and suggested to book a meeting room for your event. To say that we are not supportive is extremely unfair, as you stated you have had a complimentary private room for the last 18 months, during this time indeed the number of attendees increased and this is why we could no longer accommodate the request anymore. I am sure that having a business yourself you can understand the reason behind this, not many hotels would have been so supportive. A special rate was agreed for hiring a meeting room as an alternative and at no point where any concerns raised.

I really hope that we will be able to continue to support you as we do many associations and businesses in our local community.

jeffy12
Reviewed 10 May 2012

really enjoyed our stay at tankersley manor, the leisure facilities looked excellent had a lovely lunch in the manor's pub, the dinner was set up in the pub part because the restaurant was closed-which was a little disappointing bit some dishes from the restaurant menu had been added to the bar menu.
Upgraded to a suite which was very comfortable and made our stay more special.
Would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,
I am delighted that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us.
Indeed the restaurant was exceptionally close my apologies for this but I am pleased that you still enjoyed your dinner.
We have just launched some fantastic packages please visit our website.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you for your visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I've now been back for another multi-day work trip to the hotel. Having been fairly non-plussed with previous stay, I booked a room that was £10 more and happily it was in the newer wing upstairs from the spa.

Well worth the extra cost, far better room, much better standard!

Food is their food, there is nothing else nearby and Barnsley is not a place I would want to go for an evening out so you're better off eating in their pub where the service is quite good.

Room Tip: Pay the £10 extra and get a better room than their rack rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank S6blr
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments, and your constructive feedback. Indeed we have a good selection of rooms available and if you have any preferences please do not hesitate to request a specific room and will always try to allocate it to you.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Great hotel, lovely food and excellent service. I would reccommend this hotel without hesitation. The spa break side of my weekend left me me feeling a bit short-changed. Had a lovely mini facial but the 'head and feet wake up ritual' that was supposed to be a 50 minute treatment wasn't so good. I was in and out of the treatment room in less than 40 mins and there was no 'consultation'. Actual contact time was nearer to 30mins and it had a 'production line' feel to it. My daughter said her treatment was also on the short side and didn't match the description in the booklet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn D
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, and your constructive feedback. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please contact me prior to your next visit and I will make sure that the treatments are 100% perfect for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

lovely hotel great rooms, staff not overally helpfull though and prices at the bar are way over the top!! nearly £10 for a pint of lager half of coke and small tub of nuts!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
I am please that your stay was enjoyable.
I will contact you to discuss the pricing of the drinks as it doesn’t seems right.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just got back from here with a friend and all i can actually say is that it is substandard quality for the chain and in desperate need of a few pounds spending on it.
The Room for a twin (room 1) was bearly big enough to swing a cat in,
The location of the room was awful, above and all night disco/wedding party,
The fixtures and fittings in the room were broken/cracked/falling off.
Service at the bar and restaurant was awful, they where RUDE, ARROGANT, and OBNOXIOUS,
They had no please and thankyou's in them.
Go to the one at york, it is miles better and the staff have time for you there!

Room Tip: Dont book it full stop!! Goto YORK!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointing to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Please accept my apologies. We have a great choice of bedrooms and can allocate rooms in various part of the Hotel, indeed you should have been allocated a room away from the disco. We are constantly refurbishing our bedrooms and the next phase is about to start. I would appreciate if you could contact me in order to restore your faith with us.
I hope that I will have the opportunity to speak to you in the very near future.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Dodworth
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!