“one night stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
South Benfleet
“one night stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

a very soft mattress with no support was the only bug in an almost perfect break.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive and positive comments. I will contact you to resolve this immediately so your next visit is perfect.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Christophe Gitton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel during Jubilee week. We had a great stay. The room was lovely, we made good use of the spa and the breakfasts were great. Staff were very helpful and welcoming, and it seemed nothing was too much trouble. Of particular mention were Helen and Sasha on reception, who were both excellent and helped us find local walks in the peaks and printed these off for us.
We had a great stay and would definitely return to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine W
Dear Guests
Thank you for your positive feedback.
I am please that Helen and Sasha made your stay even more special. Did you know that we have a Walking package available with some fantastic walks in the Peak District. Or even enjoy one of our special offers on the Spa packages.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We booked two nights for our own Jubilee family celebration. Although it was quite busy with a function when we booked in we were offered help with our luggage as our room was quite a way away.The building is lovely and I wish we had more time to look around the grounds, maybe next time. The pool was lovely and all the staff we encountered were very helpful.
We didn't eat at the hotel apart from breakfast which was lovely, plenty of choice but a larger teapot would have save having to ask for refills.
I would have like some spare pillows in the room but we used the cushions and the newspaper that we requested never materialised.
Other than that a lovely weekend great value and we would certainly like to stay again

Room Tip: As a standard room it was large, what you would get as an upgrade in many hotels. I assume all rooms...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,
I am delighted that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us.
My apologies for not delivering your newspaper.
We have some fantastic packages and very close to some fantastic attractions such as Chatsworth House please visit our website.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you for your visit.
bolton
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here with a wedding party on May 25/26th weekend. We a all had a fantastic time. The place is extremley attracive rustic main building, with several new extensions which tie in very well. The pool was nice, I didnt use the gym. Grounds were lovely.
Our wedding service was also held here- note to managers if you read this, yes we know the weather was unusually warm, but for pitys sake why where there no fans in that room. We where crammed in like sardines, with less legroom than an economy flight. Thought I was going to pass out with the heat. The wedding meal was very nice, and the evening do, great.

My main gripes. Breakfast was hystericall, everytime someone tried to make toast using the conveyor toaster clouds of smoke issued from it, most amusing if you werent sat in the smokey part of the room. The satff weher very pleasnt and the food was fine. On check in I had to ask for a 2nd room key. Why would you do that to a couple? Bar prices were very high and as a wedding party you are a captive audience- I know this is standard policy in hotels but I dont agree with it and make alternative arrangements. By the way there is no lift and you have to carry your case up stairs, ok for us, but not others less able.
Our room itself - we were in 121. Its ok if you are a bat and dont mind the dark, but it was nearly impossible to put your make up on for a day event in that lighting. Yes they had fans in the bedrooms which was great. But the bathroom was at least 30 years old, and in need of changing- nasty shower curtain that stuck to you at all times. The bed was a bit lumpy and the springs (im not overweight) made funny noises in the night when you rolled over. I dont know if they are doing the rooms up and I appreciate it takes some time, but it reflects badly on the hotel, I would only give it 3 stars myself.

Room Tip: avoid room 121 unless you are a vampire
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank roouk09
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive and positive comments. Indeed we have a wide choice of bedrooms some with some very traditional features. We are consistently updating our bedrooms and I can assure you that the room where the ceremony took place had air conditioning. It was a very warm day. Due to the age of the building we have some corridors however depending on the event that you are attending we will try to allocate you a room near the function that you are attending, this may be away from the heart of the building. We have disable access and have a lift too available to our guests. This is also part of service to offer a luggage service if they wish. I have notice your comments and will make sure that the changes take place where necessary.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Snaith<east yorkshire
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Me, my partner and child stayed here for a family wedding on the 2nd June and had a fantastic day and night. The service from checking in to leaving was great, nothing too much trouble. We had a family room and it was quite spacious and the bathroom was also a good size. The food in the reception was lovely and everyone i talked to agreed. The choice at breakfast was good and of a high standard for which you helped yourself from a buffet set up. Again the staff were very helpfull, efficiant and friendly on hand with extra pots of coffee or tea if required.

We only stayed one night and never made use of the spa so cannot comment but looked ok. Think the rooms for business people at least should have internet or at least Wi Fi? Just a thought. The only negative like other reviews is the quite high drinks prices but as with other hotels this is the norm.

All in all a great wedding venue and place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your great feedback and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay, indeed Tankersley Manor has the facilities to accommodate both our business and Leisure guests and Wi-Fi is FREE for all our guests residents and non residents.
I look forward to seeing you again in the very near future for either a Business trip or at leisure.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Myself and my husband recently held our wedding ceremony at Tankersley Manor and we can say on behalf of all of our guests it was nothing short of fantastic. Every member of staff went above and beond to ensure our every wish was catered for and that we all remained happy throughout our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for the team and the whole day went without a hitch. I can honestly say there was not one thing myself or anyone else said thy could find fault with. The hotel staff and the wedding team were brilliant. Everyone commented on the quality of the venue, rooms, spa facilities and food. The wedding breakfast and evening buffet was excellent and very good value for money. The one and only negative comment is that the drinks are a little pricey, but I suppose you have to accept this in hotels. In summary though I would rate this venue as 10 out of 10 and I would without hestation recommend Tankersley Manor to anyone thinking of holding their wedding ceremony. Thank you Tankersley.

Room Tip: We stayed in the bridal suite and it was excellent, spacious, immaculate and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind comments and I am very please to read that your big day went to plan. We have a very professional and dedicated team that take proud in delivering over 100 weddings every year. We are well aware that it is a very special day and would always endeavour to make it as smooth as possible. Thank you again for choosing us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel before and did leave a review as I was not impressed. However, from my stay last month I must say things seem to have improved. The staff from the extremely friendly and swift check in, to the bar, waitress and cleaning staff. Everyone I came into contact with we're very friendly, smiled and said' good morning'. To me it's these small things which make a hotel great. The food was edible, the surroundings were nice and above all the service I found very prompt and professional.
The staff are a credit to this hotel and the manager is lucky to have them working there.
Well done tankersley for a relaxing and comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, I am please to read that you have enjoyed the Yorkshire Hospitality and our facilities. I agree with you the team is a credit to the hotel and I am very proud of them.
I hope that once more we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Christophe Gitton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!