“Once again it was faultless”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This is the 5th time I have stayed here for a short spa break with my daughter....Everytime we have been we have had a wonderful time. The rooms and bathroom are very comfortable and spotlessly clean..the large towel rail in the bathroom is always hot so the thick, white and soft towels are lovely and warm...the hospitality tray in the room can be filled as often as needed so there is no trying to make a couple of milk sachets stretch if you like your drinks with a drop more milk in or if you fancy another biscuit etc...The food is always plentiful and tasty...and all the staff , the cleaning ladies, the bar staff, waitresses, receptionists and Spa staff are always so very friendly and efficient and treat everyone as though they are very pleased to have us there and nothing is too much trouble for them to make certain we have all we need to make our breaks as wonderful as possible....I have never been to any of the other spa hotels, I suppose they are just as good as Tankersley Manor, but we love it at Tankersley so much that we just keepo going back there....the outside of the hotel is beautiful...a lovely manor house set in a sort of court yard garden...it is so pretty...and inside it is warm and welcoming and spotlessly clean...I honestly can't fault it....the value for money is amazing and we don't have to cut down on quality or quantity either....I would give them 10 stars if possible....I have honestly never stayed anywhere before Tankersley that all the staff, without exception, make everyone feel so very welcome.

Room Tip: when booking just chat to the lovely people on the other end of the telephone...they will always do...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I am very proud to read that time after time the team has looked after you so well. Please let me know prior to your next stay and we will try to make it even more enjoyable for you.
Christophe Gitton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,811)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed in room 111 fantastic clean room with comfortable bed, this was a feature room, the only down fall was the bathroom it needed to be more modern it was very outdated and mould around the edges and tiles that didn;t match but didn't spoil my stay as this is my 2nd time here, staff very helpfull especially faye / grant ,a BIG THANKYOU to the house keepers who where very helpful and polite and kep't my room to the highest standard of cleanliness they couldn't do any more for you!!, the only downfall for me was the restuarant it has been moved to the bar area and i like to have a little more luxury when i dine and not in the bar/brasserie as a bar is for pub food and a restaurant is for alittle more something special, breakfast again amazing love this hotel and will be going again soon !! thankyou .x.x.

Room Tip: recommend the suites as alittle added extra or a q star double

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive and constructive review. Very pleased to read that you had another great experience with us. We will be refurbishing some bedrooms very soon and I am sure that you will notice a significant difference. Indeed we have now open our new Bar and Brasserie following a £100,000 refurbishment. We have created a relax environment with a contemporary feel, the service and the food is what you would expect to receive in any restaurant but with good value for money. With 3 different rooms we have also created an intimate atmosphere. The team is extremely exited about this project and working very hard to deliver a good service.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We enjoyed a superb 3 night 'short break' in lieu of our honeymoon at Tankersley Hotel. Breakfast was fantastic. Our room was clean and comfortable and the service was superb. We didn't eat in the Brasserie as we spent our days out and about in Barnsley and York. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review and thank you for your kind comments. Indeed we have many local attractions to visit in this beautiful part of the world, we are only 1 hour away from York to! Please try our new Brasserie when visiting us again.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Myself and a friend stayed for 1 night at the tankersley manor as part of a spa break.

The. Heckling in proceedure was smooth and friendly and the twin room clean and acceptable. Usual teA making facilities, although only 1 packet of biscuits left. In the afternoon we used the pool which is small but nice And clean and there is a jacuzzi also.
We had a voucher for a cocktail as part of the package and the choice was very limited! Dinner was lovely although we were charged for 2 bottles of wine when we had only had one! This was quickly rectified.
The spa treatments were lovely...a shoulder and back massage and manicure. Good value.

In all, a good clean hotel with good facilities. The staff were very friendly.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive and constructive review. Very pleased to read that you had a relaxing stay with us. We have already reviewed the cocktail list and please do not hesitate to request more biscuits during your next visit this is not a problem at all.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Booked Tankersley Manor for 2 nights for my mum's birthday. Our room was very nice, fairly big, looked recently refurbed, clean. Good tv, small bath, very comfy beds.
Left a nite on second morning asking housekeeping for an extra pillow and extra coffee and a shower cap ... came back later to find all of the above, no problems.
We had a fantastic meal in the newly opened Brasserie (used to have a pub + restaurant apparently) with new menu. Can thoroughly recommend everything we ate - the yorkshire pud starter, the garlic mushrooms, the courgette frites main and the braised beef ... and most of all the local ice cream in what looked like a goldfish bowl , drowned in chocolate sauce - bliss :)

We had no problems with noise but we did email ahead and the manager responded with a promise of a nice, quiet room, and sure enough, we were over the spa with little or no noise... also I know the manager reads these so I must thank him for the chocs and card left for my mum in the room.

Also must give a mention for the manager's benefit to the fantastic, friendly, helpful staff. Everybody we came across had outstanding customer service skills but with a friendly, informal feel. In particular Sasha and Helen on reception, Oliver and Sam in the restaurant.

Nothing seemed too much trouble, little extras, advice on where to go out, taxis and so on. And a good laugh too :)

Recommend this hotel for someone wanting to chill out or if you don't mind driving or taxis to go anywhere. Spa area was clean, pool and jacuzzi are small but warm, and the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: just ask in advance, they seem happy to help and we loved our room (242)

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I am very pleased that the team looked after you so well. Indeed I am very proud of them.
We have just opened our new Bar & Brasserie and I am delighted that you have had a great experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

this is a nice looking hotel,we went to a party there the drinks were expensive at the bar carlsburg larger £3.75 a pint. the staff were great very helpfull,and our room was very nice not a thing out of place.you get free wifi in your room aswell.overall apart from the drinks prices i think it is spot on.

Dear Guests,
I am delighted that you have always enjoyed your stays with us, thank you for your taking the time to post this review and for your positive comments. I can assure you the price of our drinks is similar to many of the 4 stars Hotels in the area. Indeed we offer free Wifi for all our guests, many of our competitors do not.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My recent stay at this hotel was not that great. My best friend got married there so me and my bf booked a room to stay over night. The restaurant, bar etc everything on the lower floor were nice however i was disappointed with our room hugely. We got discount for advance booking from £156 to £76 so thought this was a great deal. As i walked round the room i noticed the wallpaper was peeling off, scuff marks on the walls, the bath which had an overhead shower was black on the bit you stand on under the shower and the spare mattress that pulls out from under the bed was covered in stains, the carpet had a few on it too. We were on the ground floor and the view out of the window was a brick wall. To top it off my friend was staying in the honeymoon suit that night and it looked exactly like our room nothing special at all very basic. This is a 4* hotel but i wont be staying here again

1  Thank Nikki W

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review.
I will take the necessary action to rectify the point that you have raised, my apologies for this. We have a extensive choice of bedrooms and I am sure that we will find one that will meet your expectation, please contact me prior to your next visit and I will organise this for you.
Christophe Gitton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby
The Garrison Hotel
The Garrison Hotel
#11 of 53 in Sheffield

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!