“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Chester, United Kingdom
“Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a colleague. It was surprisingly good - now owned by Q Hotels.
Good sized car park, warm greeting at reception - however no lifts to rooms and plenty of up and downing stairs to rooms. I had a room in the older part - there was no aircon during the heatwave - but windows di open.
They have a decent health club and a good quality, if small, pool.
The restaurant is very nice and the food was excellent. I started my meal outside and then requested to go in as the sun dropped and was accomodated. Serving staff were lovely and the meal was indiviudally prepared from fresh. Beer selection was good, though a bit pricey for S.Yorkshire!!!
I would stay here again but request a room in the new annex, as I guess they will more airey and a bit newer in spec.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in new annex
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that not only were we recommended by a colleague but that you would be happy to return to us again should you need to be in the area. On your next booking please ask about our Q star rooms as some are available with air conditioning.

See you again soon

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Sheffield, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I recently stayed here for one night to attend a wedding. The hotel is quiet location with not much around but it does have great links to the motorway about 5 mins drive away.

My room was very comfortable with all the usual amenities provided and was of a good standard. The bathroom and bedrooms were nice and clean.

As I was attending a wedding I am not too sure if the standard and quality of food/service is the same for general guests, but the experience that I had was a positive one. The standard and quality of food was very good and although the alcohol was a bit pricey, this was to be expected at a wedding at an out of town hotel.

Overall this is a great little hotel, with clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service from the hotel staff. Great for a short weekend away or for an out of town hotel if visiting Sheffield or other towns in South Yorkshire.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main function room. I am not sure if these are only allocated to gue...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed both your stay and our Yorkshire Hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

West Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a good hotel if doing business in Sheffield and you don't want to stay in Sheffield centre. The rooms were of a good size and all of the staff were really very friendly and all seemed to be really enjoying their work. The restaurant food was also very good and the beer excellent. Well done.

Room Tip: Be carefull if you have mobility issues - there are lots of stairs. Best to phone in advance and ma...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the team, food and excellent beer.

I hope we see you again soon

Warm regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after visiting the Yorkshire wildlife park. We found the place easily and the reception staff were great they had put a cot in our room along with bedding for our baby. It was quite busy with 2 weddings on but they said we didn't need to book 530 tea as it was quite early. We needed a few snacks for our poorly baby and reception directed us to the nearest shop to get them. The food was average and 14 pounds for fish and chips was expensive the staff in the bar area weren't very good and I felt cross at paying ten percent tip that they automatically added onto the bill! The worst thing I found was with a ten month old baby they sent us to seperate changing rooms for men and women with no offer of a disabled changing room or family changing which made my time at seiing stressful getting my baby dressed and undressed alone! This made my holiday experience difficult and not as enjoyable as I had hoped for. I even called to enquire about bringing a baby before we booked but still received a dirty food filled highchair for breakfast too.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback after your recent stay where I was sorry to read that you encountered issues both with the high chair and family changing facilities in our leisure club.

I have raised your comments with the team who will now be offering the use of the disabled changing rooms to guests with young children.

Thank you for highlighting this issue

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of Aug. Had a Qstar room, which was big and had a nice size bathroom with bath, seperate shower and robes. The room was in need of a little updating in cluding a/c it was boiling! the carpet was badly stained, also few stains on the sofabed and holes in the linen. There was a mini bar with a few complementary drinks and nibbles, however I would have rather had a clean carpet and new sheets! I asked if there were any other rooms available and the duty manager was very helpful and polite, offered us another room which wasn't that much better. She also had our room thoroughly cleaned by the head house keeper.
Had room service and also ate in the bar, all meals were ok including breakfast, but again like the rooms nothing special.
Didn't use the spa but pool looked ok, however children are only allowed in between 8 till 10am and 4 till 6pm.
The one thing I will remember about this hotel will be the friendliness of the staff, everyone had a smile and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed August 2013
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments where I was pleased to read that the issues you raised with your room were quickly dealt with by the Duty Manager so that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay.

The team at the hotel are exceptionally friendly and your feedback to them will be much appreciated.

Regards

Bristol.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here on the weekend of the 24/8 for a wedding.
Staff very friendly and efficient, good clean well equipped rooms. Excellent meal in the restaurant on the Friday evening and good selection at breakfast.
The wedding was well organised and again a very god meal.
Bar prices were VERY expensive but I guess that's the norm for most hotels when they know they have a captured market !
A very enjoyable stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating a wedding at the hotel and that you will get to visit us again in the near future.

SCOTLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for five nights 22/8/13 - 27/8/13 Down on business with work, Hotel in general was ok, Staff very friendly, rooms clean etc couple of gripes maybe Owners/ Management could look at
firstly Bar Prices well over the top even the locals were complaining, maybe due to where Hotel is situated.( Captive audience ) Secondly when your there on business they tell you that you have £25 to spend on a 3 course meal which is impossible due to pricing of menu. The menu was ok but not very extensive found ourselves eating the same foods every night because of budget restraints. Was made worse by the fact Hotel ran out of certain items on menu due to demand this can happen if hotel is busy. (Not Blaming Anyone) Now for the real gripe, Hotel allows Dogs at £15/night I have absolutely nothing against animals, but on returning to our rooms we found that a guest that was attending a wedding in the Hotel had locked the dog in their room an gone off to the wedding leaving the poor animal to bark most of the night, nothing was done about the situation,now when you have to be up at 4am to go to work need I say more. (Little note to Management- GUIDE DOGS ONLY PLEASE)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback where I was sorry that you encountered a couple of issues. We pride our selves that we are only one of the few hotels that does cater for guests who wish to travel and bring their dogs with them, however I must apologise that the owners saw fit to leave their dog on its own and cause a disturbance to others.

We are currently in the process of creating our Winter menu at the hotel and will take on board your comments regarding the range of dishes available for an inclusive guest

Regards

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Dodworth
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!