“Lovely food, amazing staff and relaxing spa.”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We went here for a spa break to cheer up the January blues. I have been to another Q Hotel and spa and loved it so we decided to try a new one for a change.
It's really easy to find and has an attractive exterior. The lady on the reception was lovely and helpful. We settled in to our rooms which admittedly could do with a bit of updating but they were clean and tidy and well stocked with tea / coffee and biscuits.
We then had our buffet lunch which was included in our package where there was a lovely selection of hot and cold food and more importantly a range of cakes!
We then went down to the spa where between us we enjoyed a number of lovely, relaxing treatments. We were then able to relax by the pool and try out the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Alternatively you can sit in the sofa area looking down at the pool where you are supplied with endless hot drinks free of charge. The pool was lovely although quite small so it was hard if you wanted to swim up and down and there weren't many loungers although it worked out ok as people came and went.
In the evening we had a 3 course meal in lovely surroundings in the Brasserie where the food was first class, delicious! The staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming across our whole stay. They even gave me some of their personal chewing gum when I overdid it on the onions at lunch and redid my manicure when I ruined it in the pool (my fault).
We then relaxed in the bar for the evening before retiring for bed. We had two rooms next to each other and one thing to note is that the walls are very thin; you could quite clearly hear things from the room next door.
The buffet breakfast the next morning was first class and really ended our stay on a high note.
On the whole a great time was had by us all and we would certainly return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thankyou for your fantastic review of your Spa break at Tankersley Manor.

It was great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you are looking forward to returning.

Hope to see you very soon

Warm regards

Hayleigh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Arrived to a terrible smell at reception that reminded me of a Nursing Home with foods smells similar to cheap packet gravy. The staff were pleasant but that's hardly surprising considering they were covering up such a shambolic excuse for a hotel.
Our room was not hovered, had 4 loose tiles in the bathroom, a tap that's was broken and continuously running throughout the night, stains on cushions and bed throw and cups for tea with dark brown stain plus the sugar on tray in sachets were from Subway!!!!
Breakfast was disgusting, juice was cheap and smelt old and had clearly been watered down, not dissimilar to melted ice lollies. Cold Continental meats were dried up Corned Beef and something that resembled grey matter and the Cheese looked discolored.
When checking out I explained that I was not prepared to pay and wanted a refund. The Receptionist was polite enough and called her Duty Manager.
Duty Manager pulled me aside into a room sat me down and asked questions. I expressed my concerns and explained that I had been waiting around long enough and was exhausted and wanted to go home. She came back and told me that she would only refund half of the cost and explained that they would normally bring us back in for a free night. I explained that I had been left with a bad taste and you really could not pay me enough to ever stay there.
The hotel in general is run down..........somebody desperately needs to inspect them. The Deputy Managers suit was filthy and the sofas in the communal areas were stained as were curtains and carpets worn. I caught my heel in the worn carpet on staircase and nearly broke my neck. Even the complementary tea offered was on a worn rubber tray and the Tea was served with Brown Sugar!!!
Please people do not be deluded into spending your money on this hotel horrible place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew B

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I apologise that you did not enjoy your time with us at Tankersley Manor.

I have been made aware of your comments by the Duty Manager that you spoke with and only wish that you had contacted either reception or the Duty Manager after you had checked into the hotel so that the issues you experienced with your room could have been rectifed immediately as opposed to requesting that your stay be complimentary on check out when we can do very little to make amends for your disatisfaction.

I can assure you that your comments have been discussed with the team and any necessary actions will be taken to address any shortcomings.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My sister has just booked Tankersley Manor for her wedding so my husband and I called in while passing for a look around. We decided to stop for a drink, which turned into lunch. We received very friendly service from out waitress, Bev, who really took and interest in why we had called in and told us about the other facilities on offer. We had sandwiches, which were lovely, in the brasserie area. We're looking forward to a few more visits on the lead up to the wedding.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It was great to read that you popped into the hotel in the run up to your sisters wedding - and I hope we get to welcome you many more times before the big day.

Bev is a fabulous asset to the hotel and I am so pleased that she looked after you for your lunch.

See you again soon

Hayeigh

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I am a regular visitor to Tankersley Manor and I have always enjoyed meeting my friends and family here. I seem to be served by the same waitress, her name is Bev (Lewis). Due to the service I receive from her which friendly and personable I always look forward to my visit as she is always attentive and gives excellent customer service. The food and the atmosphere are great and the surroundings pleasant. I would recommend a visit! Mrs Sharpe Staffordshire

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic comments about Bev, the service and the food from your visits to Tankersley Manor and the Brasserie.

It is always a delight to welcome you and I hope we shall be seeing you again soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I use this hotel as a meeting place for business during the day. The bar area is large, comfortable, the wi-fi is free and the food at lunchtime is mostly superb.

The best thing though is the staff who are very nice and extremely helpful, especially Liz and Paula who are awesome - always have a laugh and a smile (and the occasional mickey-take) and a suggestion as to what's good on the menu at the time. If you go there regularly enough they know what you like to drink and bring it to your table before you've had a chance to take your coat off!!!

One suggestion though. Bring back the fish and chips!!!!! Everyone that I took there used to rave about it - but this time make sure it's not coley - that was rank!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I am delighted that Liz and Paula look after you so well that your drinks are at the table before you have a chance to sit down.

You will be pleased to hear that we are currently busily writing our spring menu's where Fish and Chips will definately be back on the menu due to popular demand.

Looking forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Despite phoning in advance of net booking to say we were disabled and unable to walk more than a few yards, we were directed from reception out of the hotel (into the rain) to another entrance double the distance we had stipulated. From there we had to walk the length of two corridors to our allocated room. We both collapsed on the bed when we reached there. This journey had to be repeated every time we went for a meal. We parked in the one disabled bay fairly close to reception which was lucky because we would never have been able to walk up the hill from the main car park. If we had used our mobility scooters there was nowhere to park them in our room.

Room Tip: Just dont go here if you are unable to walk far