“Spa break we left happy x”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

my 2 sisters and our friend came looking for a relaxing spa break which was what we got. payed £99 for a 1 night break including breakfast, lunch and evening meal and 1 hour spa treatment with access to pool, gym, steam room and sauna. Lunch was excellent spa treatments very relaxing, evening meal was a little bit of a let down only that my starter arrived after everyone else had finished but did receive a complimentary glass of wine, also couple of things missing from the menu which we would of chosen. And food ok. Rooms excellent very comfortable and tastefully decorated, all staff were lovely but special mention to Bev in the bar and Mohammed who served us at breakfast lovely people and very helpful thanks for a lovely stay we left happy

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your wonderful spa experience with our tripadvisor readers.

I hope to see you again very soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here in February 2014 when on business in the area. Pre booked and got a great deal on the room around £70 per night including breakfast. Receptionist extremely friendly and she directed me to my room which was situated in the newer area of the hotel in the spa wing... Room was more of a suite with a large lounge area, great king size bed and a fantastic bathroom with bath and separate shower. Complementary mini bar was restocked each day and included wine and beer (only certain rooms have this facility)... Complementary newspaper and pure cotton bathrobes also provided... Only problem was I was staying on my own as my wife would have loved it! Bar and restaurant busy with good atmosphere both nights of my stay. As I was on my own didn't stay too long in the restaurant but the two meals I had of grilled chicken and the burger was excellent. Buffet breakfast in the morning offered a good selection of cooked breakfast or fruits and cereal. An excellent find and I will return when next in the sheffield/Barnsley area... Well done to you all

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and I hope that we will see you soon for both a business and leisure break.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed for one night on a business trip. The reception staff were very welcoming, helpful and very eager to make sure the stay was what I needed as an individual.
The hotel is welcoming, lots of character and plenty of room in the communal areas. The rooms are clean, a good size, if a little dated. The beds are comfy and there was no noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following on from your recent business trip.

I hope we can welcome you back for either business or pleasure in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My partner and I were really looking forward to staying at Tankesley Manor as we have stayed in many Q hotels in the past and have just become breakaway members. First the positives; the staff as at all Q hotels are always friendly and welcoming, our room was great although quite a walk from reception but we were offered help with our bags, it was a good size clean and well appointed and the walk in shower was especially good. I must say room 231 does suffer from some noise from the heater room below. The bar staff were good and always available for service. The breakfast was the same as in all Q hotels and we could not fault the food or the service at breakfast.
And now for the negatives, the main areas and hallways appear dirty and not cleaned very often, during our break which was for three nights empty bottles and glasses were left on window sills for the duration of our stay, and there was dirt and food crumbs on the floor which I feel for a four star hotel is unexceptible.
The food served in the Brasserie sounds good from reading the menu but is let down on execution. The prices are are fine dining prices but food is very much not. I had a poached egg in a dish which was not cooked, a rocket salad on a hot plate without any dressing, an over cooked steak which cost £22 ( not good value).
Now this maybe coincidence but both my partner an I on at least three occasions witnessed other diners with the same meals as ours with much larger portions, now if this was because we were on DBB then this is so wrong.
Tankesley could be a great hotel they just need to sort out the food, as I have read many reviews and many of them state the same as I have and all have a management reply saying this would be dealt with, well it's been going on for over a year now. Please sort this out and bring your hotel up to the standard of other Q hotels.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Paul-kl

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please be assured that we do take your feedback seriously and we will take the appropriate action.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as a birthday treat. Happy with the choice. Only a couple of small things spoilt it for me. Spoilt is to strong a word. It is billed as 4 star and know how to charge 4 star prices but in the brassiere it let itself down. We order bread with olive oil and olives. This turned up after 15 mins without olives. I was not told there was a problem till I asked were they were when I next saw the waitress. She went to find out came back saying out of olives. Mmm. So was offered feta cheese instead. My gripe is why did I have to ask in the first place. Next thing. I ordered steak. Steak came and was beautiful but we're was my steak knife. I had to ask for one. This should not happen in a 4 star. In other restaurants they change your cutlery there and then when you order steak or need a different knife. I can't fault any of the food hot and big portions. Waitress very friendly just maybe to young, maybe some of them lack training, but if you pay for 4 star you expect it. One couple got the wrong starter while we was waiting.

We took out dog and I must say all staff seemed to be very dog friendly. Was even shown pictures of there dogs. The rooms are large and spacious good heaters and it was quiet even when facing the busy road. The walls are paper thin. We could hear our neighbor really well when they were there, but think we had a quiet room of a main corridor.

If asked would I stay here again I would say yes.

Room Tip: Room 216 is of the main corridor and has a room only on one side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that you chose Tankersley Manor for your birthday treat.

I do hope that we see you again soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here from Sunday night to Friday morning on 2 consecutive weeks, my first impression from checking in was good, a friendly welcome from Lesley on reception, and very polite.
I was given room 50 for the first week I was there just a couple of nights when it became apparent that the noise levels from outside the room were not good. People constantly walking past at all hours of the night, and not having any consideration for other guests. This coupled with the fire door that was constantly squeaking did not make me have a great nights sleep.
My room itself was comfortable and clean made up every day, The bathroom had a good shower and was also clean. My only problem with it was the toilet roll holder was hanging on for dear life and it was starting to look a bit tired and could have done with a lick of paint.
One night a guest in the next room decided to come back at 00:30 and put there tv on at full blast and have a loud conversation for an hour not great when you are sitting exams the next day.... I know not a lot the hotel could do about this!
I was asked by Katie duty manager when I was ordering a drink at the bar how my stay was going, and I mentioned the noise etc, she was most apologetic and asked if I wanted to swap rooms. She went to see reception and arranged for, on my return the following sunday to be put in a quieter room. Thanks Katie.

Breakfast every morning was good, a vast selection of things, staff friendly every day.

I did venture in to the brasserie for dinner on 2 occasions
I have to say I was a little disappointed, I ordered a noodle dish with rare beef on top. I ate this but was disappointed as it did not live up to the description on the menu, I also found it to be very oily. I also found it astounding for a hotel of this size to have run out of baked potatoes? I ordered a burger another night only to be told they had run out of buns? It would be coming between and Italian flat bread.......?

My second week was better room 140 and quiet, very quiet just what I needed. Room again was neat and tidy I could not fault this at all.
I have to say the staff in the bar and restaurant were very friendly and made my stay more pleasant. Thanks to you all, even when I asked about eating places in Sheffield they came up with ideas and Jasmine even went to the trouble of getting me a menu and map. Thanks.

I did again brave the restaurant and this time had the Lamb shank, this again was ok, but I have to say lacked flavour slightly (disappointed)

I challenge the management to order a couple of meals off the menu without telling the staff and really see if you were going to spend this sort of money would you honestly be happy?
I don't like being so negative but things really have to change in this area, You have a great eating area and great staff. People should be packing this area out. The staff are constantly fending off the shortcomings of the chef, they don't get paid enough for this. I'm sorry to say the menu price is overpriced as you can get more for you money else where.

I would stay here again, but probably would not eat here, sorry.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dico37
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest feedback following on from your recent stays with us.

I was delighted to read that the team looked after you well and that this helped to contribute to you having a pleasant stay with us. I was disappointed to read of your Brasserie experience and I have fed back your comments to the team who are currently reviewing the menu for the aunch of our spring menu.

I do hope that we will see you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a very large beautiful stone building, with extensive gardens. We attended an evening wedding reception, in a function room to the back of the hotel. The buffet served was of very poor quality, with only the cheapest of ingredients used. We won't be returning.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Fueng2768

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review where I was sorry to read that the food presented at the evening wedding reception that you attended did not meet with your expectations. I can assure that the hotel takes great care in selecting menu items both to provide quality and balance to a menu and that all of our suppliers are closely vetted to ensure quality.

Warm regards

Hayleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Staindrop Lodge
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!