“Fabulous spa break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Fabulous spa break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My sister and I booked a spa break at Tankersley Manor and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Our lunch was delicious and beautifully presented. We spent some time in the pool area and Jacuzzi just relaxing and then had our treatments which were so enjoyable. Our room was clean and well equipped with ironing facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and toiletries. The only downside to the room was that our bathroom heater did not work but being northern lasses we managed in the cold without too much trouble (we didn't report this). Our evening meal was excellent and breakfast was also top class. All in all a lovely stay and we will certainly book with this hotel again.

Kathleen Webster

Room Tip: We were in room 232 and could not fault it. Very slight road noise but not enough to cause a proble...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest

What a fabulous review and thank you for sharing your experience of your spa day.

I hope we see both you and your sister soon for another spa break

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We enjoyed a lovely evening wedding reception. We stayed in a Disabled room as my husband is permenantly in a wheelchair. The room was spacious, with a large comfortable bed and a safe wet room. The breakfast was exceptional, with an extensive menu and delicious food. All the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. We had particularly good service at breakfast from a staff member named Mohammed. The hotel was warm and inviting and set in lovely gardens.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Mohammed looked after you a treat.

Wishing you all the best

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Visited Tankersley Manor hotel for lunch with friends. It was a large group that included six 1 year old babies. So you can imagine the scene. The staff (Bev and Nicole) were really helpful and looked after us superbly. Everyone had a great time. Recommended :-)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your brilliant review where I was delighted to read that Bev, Nicole and all of the team looked after you so well.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

my 2 sisters and our friend came looking for a relaxing spa break which was what we got. payed £99 for a 1 night break including breakfast, lunch and evening meal and 1 hour spa treatment with access to pool, gym, steam room and sauna. Lunch was excellent spa treatments very relaxing, evening meal was a little bit of a let down only that my starter arrived after everyone else had finished but did receive a complimentary glass of wine, also couple of things missing from the menu which we would of chosen. And food ok. Rooms excellent very comfortable and tastefully decorated, all staff were lovely but special mention to Bev in the bar and Mohammed who served us at breakfast lovely people and very helpful thanks for a lovely stay we left happy

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your wonderful spa experience with our tripadvisor readers.

I hope to see you again very soon

Best wishes

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February 2014 when on business in the area. Pre booked and got a great deal on the room around £70 per night including breakfast. Receptionist extremely friendly and she directed me to my room which was situated in the newer area of the hotel in the spa wing... Room was more of a suite with a large lounge area, great king size bed and a fantastic bathroom with bath and separate shower. Complementary mini bar was restocked each day and included wine and beer (only certain rooms have this facility)... Complementary newspaper and pure cotton bathrobes also provided... Only problem was I was staying on my own as my wife would have loved it! Bar and restaurant busy with good atmosphere both nights of my stay. As I was on my own didn't stay too long in the restaurant but the two meals I had of grilled chicken and the burger was excellent. Buffet breakfast in the morning offered a good selection of cooked breakfast or fruits and cereal. An excellent find and I will return when next in the sheffield/Barnsley area... Well done to you all

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and I hope that we will see you soon for both a business and leisure break.

Warm regards

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed for one night on a business trip. The reception staff were very welcoming, helpful and very eager to make sure the stay was what I needed as an individual.
The hotel is welcoming, lots of character and plenty of room in the communal areas. The rooms are clean, a good size, if a little dated. The beds are comfy and there was no noise from other rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following on from your recent business trip.

I hope we can welcome you back for either business or pleasure in the very near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were really looking forward to staying at Tankesley Manor as we have stayed in many Q hotels in the past and have just become breakaway members. First the positives; the staff as at all Q hotels are always friendly and welcoming, our room was great although quite a walk from reception but we were offered help with our bags, it was a good size clean and well appointed and the walk in shower was especially good. I must say room 231 does suffer from some noise from the heater room below. The bar staff were good and always available for service. The breakfast was the same as in all Q hotels and we could not fault the food or the service at breakfast.
And now for the negatives, the main areas and hallways appear dirty and not cleaned very often, during our break which was for three nights empty bottles and glasses were left on window sills for the duration of our stay, and there was dirt and food crumbs on the floor which I feel for a four star hotel is unexceptible.
The food served in the Brasserie sounds good from reading the menu but is let down on execution. The prices are are fine dining prices but food is very much not. I had a poached egg in a dish which was not cooked, a rocket salad on a hot plate without any dressing, an over cooked steak which cost £22 ( not good value).
Now this maybe coincidence but both my partner an I on at least three occasions witnessed other diners with the same meals as ours with much larger portions, now if this was because we were on DBB then this is so wrong.
Tankesley could be a great hotel they just need to sort out the food, as I have read many reviews and many of them state the same as I have and all have a management reply saying this would be dealt with, well it's been going on for over a year now. Please sort this out and bring your hotel up to the standard of other Q hotels.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 24 January 2017
Dear Paul-kl

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please be assured that we do take your feedback seriously and we will take the appropriate action.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Oulton Hall & Spa
Staindrop Lodge
Staindrop Lodge
#19 of 54 in Sheffield
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!