“Perfect meeting place”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
“Perfect meeting place”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Recently visited Tankersley Manor for a business meeting. From arriving to leaving me and my colleagues were looked after and nothing we asked for seemed too much trouble. The staff were warm, friendly and welcoming. The Food and drink was of a high quality and the location itself is perfect for a meeting with it being just off the M1. Have to say a special mention for a lady called Bev in the bar who really looked after us and made us feel so welcome. She was busy but worked with a smile and was really a credit to her employers. Thankyou Bev and Tankersley

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic feedback following on from your business stay with us.

It was great to read that the team looked after you so well and thank you for your special mention of Bev who really does go the extra mile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm regards

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I had a 3 night new year break at The Tankersley Manor hotel and on the whole it was a good stay. However, our bedroom was in the annex, which you accessed by being directed outside and across a path. This was fine in daylight but after a meal in the restaurant on our first night, the lighting was so poor that I tripped on a step (no I wasn't drunk), I hurt my knee but worst of all I hit my cheekbone on the path. My husband took me back to the room and reported the incident and asked for first aid. Two people arrived with a poor first aid kit, I asked for an ice pack for my face and they had to send across for one. The accident form wasn't completed but I was asked to sign it. As a first aided myself I know you shouldn't offer drinks to a casualty, but my husband and I were offered an alcoholic drink. That was the last I heard. On my return I wrote to the hotel and was contacted by one of the managers who admitted the outside light were not working, but they would be replaced, that the first aid was inadequate and apologised. I asked for a letter confirming our conversation and although this was promised I'm still waiting.
At the very least I would have expected flowers, but nothing arrived.
If you stay at this hotel and have a bedroom in the annexe, insist on going back to your room via the door in the restaurant, to avoid having an accident like I did. The hotels safety issues need revising and they could benefit from PR training

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and many apologies that you have not received a letter confiming the actions that were taken after your fall on the patio area in December.

The lighting was reviewed as soon as our maintenance team came back into work after the New Year break and I can confirm that this is monitored daily by our team and timings adjusted in line with seasonal changes in light. I can also confirm that we now have 17 trained first aiders on site at the hotel who are equipped to deal with basic first aid situations.

Having spoken with your husband, I am delighted to hear that you have made a full recovery and I do hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Tankersley Manor in the not too distant future.

Warm wishes

wigston
Reviewed 25 March 2014

i was treated to a weekend away by my boyfriend ,and this place is well ok ...though i have stayed in much better for the price , i honestly dont think the food was the best around....it was just well .....ok ............when we went the spa was closed ..............we had a luxury room that was again just ok .............to be honest i feel you could be more for your money else where ...........it had all the pluses i expect whether we spend £50 or £140 a night ... a quiet room ... a comfy bed .... but this didnt have the wow factor i was hoping for .... not saying any thing was wrong ....but .............. ummm ?? the thing that made our weekend was the company and not the place sorry :( i think we got better valuse and about the same room at the south normington hotel 2 stops down the m1 and have gone back there 4 times since

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank izzifiz
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be quiet and comfortable.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently visited Tankersley Manor for a spa day. The staff are very friendly, the Spa is clean and has all the elements that you would expect i.e. Jacuzzi, pool, sauna and steam room with a few loungers around the pool. The food in the hotel restaurant is of a high standard, but a special mention must go to Bev who works in the restaurant, she couldn't do enough for us. She took the time to reserve us a table, brought a jug of water to the table as soon as we sat down and generally made sure we had a pleasant lunch experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fbulous comments both regarding your Spa day, lunch the service that you received from Bev in our Brasserie.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We came for a family birthday celebration to the Soul Night on the 14th March 2014. The food was absolutely abismal, portions were tiny and the quality of the food was very poor. There was no choice of food options. We were served soup to start which was ok, main was a pork chop with very little accompanying veg and desert was a tiny sliver of cake. The quality of the food served was poor. For £26.99 per person, we expected a lot more .

The Soul band were good, however the quality and quantity of the food let the place down and we would not return.

I have tried to contact the hotel to discuss this but they do not seem interested in returning my calls.

Be warned if you plan to go for a special occassion as we did.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank R B
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback where I was sorry to read of your disappointment at our recent Soul Night.

For our party nights at the hotel we offer a set menu which is sent to the party organiser prior to arrival so that guests can inform us of any special dietary requirements or alternatives requests should the menu not be suitable. Feedback that we have recieved to date has been very positive and I am sorry that you have not found this to be the case.

I can only apologise that nobody has been in contact with you since this event and if you could let me have your contact details I would be more than happy to arrange a call to you.

Heywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed for my 30th birthday weekend, first impressions were stunning beautiful grounds, we were met by a very friendly lady on reception who was more than happy to help. We ate all weeken in the hotel restaurant all food and service was 5 star, we stayed on a spa package and made use of all facilities available, everyone was really nice and made our stay just perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meatpie110
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review of your birthday weekend. I was delighted to read that everyone contributed to make the perfect stay and I hope we can welcome you back soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I regularly go to TM for breakfast and to use the spa facilities, Bev who works at the hotel is fantastic, nothing is ever too much trouble. She's friendly and always makes us feel so welcome...like home from home :) its staff like Bev that make TM such a lovely place to visit.

The eggs Benedict, although its not on the menu is delicious and fresh, the facilities and grounds up at TM are great :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I couldn't agree more - the team at the hotel really do like to make it feel like a home from home. Thank you for your fantastic comments about Bev - her customer service is fantastic and I am so pleased that I can pass on this recognition

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!