“Hotel great, food reasonable, service average, spa fine.”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Took a chance on this for a DBB overnight for a quick spa getaway. With a mixed bag of recent comments it was going to be an insight. The hotel is lovely, good sized room, lovely furniture, though I didnt notice any tea/coffee making facilities. They may have been hidden away and as it was just a quick overnight stop I wasn't that bothered. For a saturday afternoon the pool/spa area was not as busy as I expected, though there were a lot of women having beauty treatments. As noted by others there are not too many loungers around the pool, though there were always 2-3 free during the few hours I was in the pool area. The hot tub 'recycles' for 6 mins but appears to run for 15 mins, so it's not too long to wait inbetween.
Was rather disappointed by bar service at lunchtime and the baquette was expensive for what it was, tasty, but overpriced and I had to keep looking for a waitress to take the order. Dinner was a far more pleasurable experience. Table service was very good and friendly. The slow cooked lamb was very juicy and tasty. Not the best spa I have visited, but not as bad perhaps as some comments on here and would likely visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms 127-130 are above the spa/pool entrance and so there is a lingering chlorine smell from the ai...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Spa getaway.

I hope we see you again in the not too distant future

There are newer reviews for Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Through spabooking.com I had booked a one night spa break with two girlfriends over Mother's Day weekend. Dinner was lovely. Room was clean however the superior triple we were sharing had a child's bed for the third person. Despite this, we awoke refreshed for our spa treatments and cooked breakfast. Unfortunately a member of the spa staff team had called in sick. So we were unable to have our pre-booked spa treatments. No effort had been made to contact us prior to us arriving to our appointment. I had previously gone to the reception to check the spa treatment times. They were unable to offer us an alternative as they were fully booked for the remainder of the day. We weren't offered robes or slippers for using the facilities even though we saw the majority of other people in them.

Spa lunch was a disappointment. It arrived in a bento box and didn't live up to expectations. Portions were small and a stale ham sandwich doesn't constitute a spa lunch to me. Instead of fruit salad kebabs we were presented with two grapes, a piece of pineapple and a soggy muffin.

I appreciate it can be difficult to plan for sickness and they refunded the treatments we had booked. However no alternative dates were offered and no apologies for the difficulties we encountered were offered. As the idea of booking at this hotel was mainly for the spa treatments, it was a huge disappointment and waste of money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine M
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was very sorry to learn that we had to cancel your Spa treatments due to a therapist phoning in sick. Unfortunately the call came in at 9.30am on Sunday morning and although the team tried in bring in a replacement this was not possible at such short notice.

I do believe our Leisure Manager has been in contact with you since your stay and I hope we can welcome you back to tankersley manor in the very near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for a weekend spa break. The hotel is lovely and cosy, the food is excellent and staff can't do enough for you. The weekend we went was very busy but staff were still attentive and helpful even though they were rushed of their feet. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MrsS2008

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review of your recent Spa break. I am so pleased that the team were attentive throughout your stay and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I travelled with my mother to Tankersley Manor as a pre mothers day treat. We had taken advantage of a £99 per person offer, sharing a twin room, and having two mini spa treatments each (we both had facials and back neck and shoulder massages), use of the spa facilities, lunch on one day, dinner, bed and breakfast.
This was great value. The spa was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The pool was warm and there were just about enough seats to relax (though it was very busy). We had lunch in the brasserie - a choice of 2 menus and the one we chose was great - half a smoked salmon wrap, ham and coleslaw sandwich, chicken caesar salad, chocolate muffin and fresh fruit. We were served by Bev, who was friendly and very attentive. Our room was perfectly comfortable and spacious, and had all the things that one expects in a modern hotel. We had dinner in the brasserie, and this was also lovely - though possibly the portions of the main course could have been more generous.
One aspect of our stay which was particularly noteworthy was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We were personally shown from the spa to the brasserie, twice (because going indoors rather than the outdoors shortcut is quite a long distance), and had great service at every occasion. We were served by Mohammed this morning, and nothing was too much trouble. I got the impression that they were very concerned to give a good experience, and that customers being satisfied was very important to them. I would definitely go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following your recent break for a pre Mothering Sunday Spa. It was brilliant to read that you felt truly relaxed and that all the team looked after you throughout your stay.

I hope we see you soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have just attended a two day conference at this hotel
The staff we very helpful ,especially Bev in the bistro who went out of her way to get the breakfast I wanted
The food was excellent
I only live in Doncaster but I may return for a minibreak !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

What a fabulous review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent conference with us. I was delighted to read that Bev ensured you got the breakfast you wanted.

It is great to read that you are hoping to return for a pleasure break really soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Recently visited Tankersley Manor for a business meeting. From arriving to leaving me and my colleagues were looked after and nothing we asked for seemed too much trouble. The staff were warm, friendly and welcoming. The Food and drink was of a high quality and the location itself is perfect for a meeting with it being just off the M1. Have to say a special mention for a lady called Bev in the bar who really looked after us and made us feel so welcome. She was busy but worked with a smile and was really a credit to her employers. Thankyou Bev and Tankersley

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic feedback following on from your business stay with us.

It was great to read that the team looked after you so well and thank you for your special mention of Bev who really does go the extra mile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm regards

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I had a 3 night new year break at The Tankersley Manor hotel and on the whole it was a good stay. However, our bedroom was in the annex, which you accessed by being directed outside and across a path. This was fine in daylight but after a meal in the restaurant on our first night, the lighting was so poor that I tripped on a step (no I wasn't drunk), I hurt my knee but worst of all I hit my cheekbone on the path. My husband took me back to the room and reported the incident and asked for first aid. Two people arrived with a poor first aid kit, I asked for an ice pack for my face and they had to send across for one. The accident form wasn't completed but I was asked to sign it. As a first aided myself I know you shouldn't offer drinks to a casualty, but my husband and I were offered an alcoholic drink. That was the last I heard. On my return I wrote to the hotel and was contacted by one of the managers who admitted the outside light were not working, but they would be replaced, that the first aid was inadequate and apologised. I asked for a letter confirming our conversation and although this was promised I'm still waiting.
At the very least I would have expected flowers, but nothing arrived.
If you stay at this hotel and have a bedroom in the annexe, insist on going back to your room via the door in the restaurant, to avoid having an accident like I did. The hotels safety issues need revising and they could benefit from PR training

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and many apologies that you have not received a letter confiming the actions that were taken after your fall on the patio area in December.

The lighting was reviewed as soon as our maintenance team came back into work after the New Year break and I can confirm that this is monitored daily by our team and timings adjusted in line with seasonal changes in light. I can also confirm that we now have 17 trained first aiders on site at the hotel who are equipped to deal with basic first aid situations.

Having spoken with your husband, I am delighted to hear that you have made a full recovery and I do hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Tankersley Manor in the not too distant future.

Warm wishes

Hayleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#11 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!