“Spa day out with lunch and drinks”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Spa day out with lunch and drinks”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We spent the afternoon at tankersley manor spa for my 30th birthday which was a surprise from my friends and family. There were 5 of us in total. We had 2 treatments each and spent some time in the sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi. We then had lunch in the main hotel which was delicious. The staff were brilliant especially Bev the lady behind the bar. She was extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We only had a short stay there but would deff recommend to anyone. The food was delicious, service was excellent and the place itself is lovely.
We will be back very soon!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review following on from your Spa day with us. It was great to read that you enjoyed your surprise birthday treat and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tankersley Manor soon.

Happy birthday!

Warm wishes

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Would like to say a massive thank you to Bev in the bar/restaurant who has completed our spa day. She was brilliant, friendly and absolutely accommodating. She deserves a raise! The spa was great also for my sister in laws 30th birthday but Bev certainly made us all welcome when we thought wed missed the buffet.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about your Spa day and in particular regarding Bev who looked after you so well and made sure you did not miss your lunch!!!

We hope to see you again soon

Anlaby
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel; the last being Feb 2012 (see previous review). Since our last visit, the bar and restaurant have been combined in order to make better use of the hotel's space for weddings and other functions. We were on a deal that included B&B and evening meal on both nights and stayed in a Q Star room - the same room that we stayed in last time. The welcome on reception was much warmer and friendlier than last time and whilst all the staff on reception were great, Jade was particularly helpful and friendly. When checking out I explained about a major incident on the M1 and she immediately sourced an alternative route for us and printed off the details. She went the extra mile to save us remaining stationary!
As already mentioned, we dined in the restaurant both nights and were looked after by John, who was from the Q Hotel near Glasgow but was on secondment at this location. He was engaging, pleasant, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent both nights. My feedback on the bar/restaurant applies to all Q Hotels - I believe that wine by the glass should be made available in 250ml measures as currently only 125ml and 175ml are offered. I also feel that the price of wine generally is high compared to other hotel chains. This made us shy away from purchasing a bottle; something we would normally do without question. Breakfast was adequate without being outstanding - some of the hot offering was a little dry or, in the case of the sausages and bacon, pale and unappetising in some cases. All staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful; particularly Mohammed who was here last time we stayed. He takes a real pride in his job and, more importantly, in the customer service he provides, for which he has won a company award.
We used the pool, steam room and jacuzzi once and these facilities were clean and tidy. It would help if guests knew in advance that a £1 coin is needed for the lockers. However, though we didn't know, a member of staff lent us two, so this wasn't a major issue.
All things considered, we had a great stay with great staff (some outstanding), nice food, nice surroundings and a nice room. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review - and I was so pleased to read that we did not disappoint on your second visit. The team are constantly looking for ways to improve service and the guest stay and it was great to read that this was appreciated.

I have passed on your feedback to John, Mohammed and all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Called for lunch with my mum and sister and must say we had a wonderful meal.We were looked after by Bev what a star we were made to feel like royalty,nothing was too much trouble even though the place was very busy.Will certainly return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review, where I was delighted to read that Bev made you feel like royalty when you popped in for lunch with us.

Hoping we see you back soon

Warm regards

hampshire
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a family reunion for my partner, was expecting a lot because Q hotels have a good reputation in Hampshire, I think there is one near us. Unfortunately this property did not live up to things I've heard.
1. Room 5, very noisy, think its above the kitchen or bar area. They emptied the bottle bins late at night the first night and it was so loud I thought they were in the room with us! Walls are really thin. I could hear the neighbours very clearly. Mattress was so soft and dipped in the middle. No natural light due to tiny window. Shower curtain fell on me first day but the restaurant manager fixed this for us immediately. Tonnes of character in the room though with low beams and very clean. Might be better on the other side of the building though if you're booking here.
2. Meal in restaurant, a few hiccups, no mash, pork very tough, chicken dry. Couldn't mention at the time due to us being such a large party but manager sorted afterwards. Service is excellent! All staff an absolute delight, very happy but all very rushed off their feet. Don't think we pre-booked so that would be our fault. Dealt with us well.
3. Function dining, again service was fantastic. These staff really are some of the best I have seen. All really patient and smiley. Food a bit lack lustre again but I guess it was due to the size of the party. Beef was missing its shoe laces, not eaten eaten shoe leather before, hope I won't again.
4. Spa good, relaxing massage and hot tub that will warm the coldest of people. Lovely team.
Overall I would recommend you to go but in a smaller group. There were 20-30 of us. The staff made it for me, but would not be my first choice for Sheffield area.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have several room types at the hotel including Q star rooms in our leisure wing, which whilst they do not have the same character of original beams do have plenty of daylight light and are modern in appearance.

I have passed on your comments regarding the food to the kitchen team and they apologise that you felt this was a little lack lustre, however I was pleased to read that the staff you encountered throughout your stay were excellent and friendly.

I hope we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Okay, its an old manor house so you dont expect new and shiny rooms but this could have been a little more modern without spoiling the ambiance. I apparently stayed in one of the orginal rooms in the manor house but it wasn't a good option. My room was crowded, small and thank goodness I was alone. Bed and pillows were over due for replacment.
Staff was nice, friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the room that you were allocated.

We have several room types available at the hotel ranging from bedrooms in the original part of the Manor which have key fetures such as original beams to Qstar rooms and Suites in our leisure wing which are modern and airy in design.

I do hope that you will visit the hotel again and experience a stay in one of our other rooms that we have available.

london
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, we had originally booked a superior room but thought the room a little dark. Vicky the receptionist was most helpful and we upgraded to a Q superior room no.239 which was most comfortable.
The two evening meals we had in the Brasserie were fine, food was presented well and when the meals were delayed, staff gave us complimentary drinks and were most apologetic. Breakfasts were adequate the porridge was very nice.
All of the staff we encountered were helpful polite and friendly.
Some previous reviewers have been damning, so we were concerned, but fortunately our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following on from your recent stay. I was happy to read that the team looked after you well and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hoping to see you again soon

Regards

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!