“A lovely spa break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Sheffield
“A lovely spa break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Myself and my friend went to Tankerlsey Manor for a spa break which we received from our boys for Mother’s Day. We arrived at the hotel on the Friday at 11am knowing we couldn’t check in until 2pm but when we went to the desk and spoke to Leslie about what we would be doing, we noticed there was a room upgrade for only £10 so as we were there for a treat we decided to upgrade to a superior room. Leslie then made a quick call and said out room would be ready in 45 minutes rather than the three hours we originally thought.
We were booked in for lunch at 12 so went through to the bar and had a drink while we waited. The only thing about the lunch I would say but this is coming from a fussy eater is there could do with being a more plainer option but what I did eat I really enjoyed.
We then made our way up to our room which was huge and really really lovely, room 308. We had our spa treatment (a fit for business massage) and also used the facilities. It was my first spa treatment and I did feel a bit nervous about it at first but the girls made us feel comfortable and relaxed.
We were booked in for dinner at 7.30pm. We were looked after by a young lady called Katie who was really friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the meal (I had the fish and chips and my friend had the beef burger, which by the way was amazing and I don’t usually eat beef burgers), me being a fussy eater (don’t like onions or mayo etc) struggled to find a starter I would order (my friend had the Yorkshire pudding and really enjoyed it). We also had a dessert and this was by far one of the best desserts I have ever had, the caramel cheesecake. I would go back just for the cheesecake alone!
We then went back to the room because we were full and tired and had had a long day. We had an okay night’s sleep but that wasn’t anything to do with hotel I never sleep 100% when im away from my partner and son but all in all a good night’s sleep for me.
We woke early so thought we would go down to breakfast and again the food was amazing and such a good choice and everything so tasty and fresh.
We then went and packed up and checked out. We called into the bar for one last treat before we left and Bev made us the most amazing orange Belgian hot chocolate. We really liked how down to earth, friendly and helpful the staff all were and especially Leslie, Katie and Bev. We asked our partners to make it an annual Mother’s Day present and will definitely go back whenever we can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review after your recent stay with us. It was fabulous to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Leslie, Bev, Kaie and the team looked after you so well.

Please keep an eye on the QHotels website for future offers and news and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back very soon

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived thursday evening and were greeted by Leslie who was very friendly and efficient with the check in, Leslie seemed to be working every time we went past reception and is a credit to her employers. We had room 108 which was everything you would expect from a hotel. We were there for a wedding which was taking place in the hotel on the friday, because of the amount of people staying, we had a private room for an evening meal, the meal was fine but not exceptional . Breakfast is a buffet with all the usual fare, full english or continental whichever you fancy. The wedding itself was to be held in the barn , which is perfect for up to about 80 people, The wedding meal was very nice and the service was very efficient. The room was cleared and set up for the evening taking less than 90 minutes. The evening do was great very well organised by the hotel staff. I would thoroughly recommend any looking for a wedding venue to look no further than Tankersley Manor,

Room Tip: Room 108 is above the front entrance and can be a little noisy if you sleep with the windows open
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Swlucas
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following on from your atendance at a recent wedding held at the hotel.

It was great to read such fabulous feedback and I will ensure that this is passed onto the team - especially Lesley - who you have mentioned in your review.

Kind regards

Ely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here as part of a convention. Concerns from previous reviews were totally unfounded. Our room was in lovely condition , comfy bed and superb shower. We only ate here as part of the meeting, but considering there were over 100 delegates the diner was of a very good standard and had little to fault. What was outstanding was the friendly and helpful staff, nothing was to much trouble and the ladies on reception even agreed to store my rather high value bicycle in their offices while I acted as a taxi for some of the delegates.

The swimming pool is also to be recommended !

Room Tip: We were in the new wing, room 227. Not a brilliant view but quiet and in excellent condition.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and team to be comfortable and friendly.

I hope we see you back for future stays

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I held my wedding ceremony and reception here. The hotel offers packages but you can also tailor the packages to your requirements or just design your own wedding. The staff were great before the wedding and during. Before the wedding Rebecca listened to our requirements and tailored things to our needs (I'm a fussy vegetarian and don't drink alcohol, but I felt greatly catered for).

On the day of the wedding Jess was really good and acted as toastmaster, letting us know what was happening when and if we still wanted certain things to happen (such as speech order). The other staff were also great who brought out the food and all seemed happy and friendly.

The food was lovely - I especially love the garlic bread and brownie!

In the package we were given complimentary use of the junior suite and the room was clean and well stocked with tea/coffee and biscuits. The bed was comfy and the shower was great. I can't really comment on the other facilities as they weren't used as we went straight off on our honeymoon the day after. I wish we had more of a chance to enjoy the room and the swimming pool/spa but am looking to book a night stay when funds/work allows! The rooms include breakfast and there was a wide choice of food such as cereals, toast, pastries and fully cooked English breakfast.

I wish I could have my wedding and stop here every week it was that good!

Room Tip: Tankersley manor try to accommodate any needs e.g. quieter rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding and secondly thank you for your fabulous review of your day.

It was our pleasure to be involved in your wedding and I was so pleased to read that both Rebecca and ess interpreted your requirements to make it a memorable occasion for you.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

i recently booked a one night spa deal as a treat for the hubby and i. this was the best deal on offer for the price of £99.00 we received a light lunch, one hour spa treatment each, use of the leisure facilities. evening meal and breakfast and to top it all off a bottle of pink fizz in the room :)

the hotel is a beautiful stone building, nice gardens, easy to find. cant fault it, will definately be recommending to friends and hopefully will be treating ourselves again soon. staff friendly and attentive, food, room etc all very good quality

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ann R
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review following on from your Spa night where it was great to read that both you and your hubby enjoyed your night.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We spent the afternoon at tankersley manor spa for my 30th birthday which was a surprise from my friends and family. There were 5 of us in total. We had 2 treatments each and spent some time in the sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi. We then had lunch in the main hotel which was delicious. The staff were brilliant especially Bev the lady behind the bar. She was extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We only had a short stay there but would deff recommend to anyone. The food was delicious, service was excellent and the place itself is lovely.
We will be back very soon!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review following on from your Spa day with us. It was great to read that you enjoyed your surprise birthday treat and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tankersley Manor soon.

Happy birthday!

Warm wishes

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Would like to say a massive thank you to Bev in the bar/restaurant who has completed our spa day. She was brilliant, friendly and absolutely accommodating. She deserves a raise! The spa was great also for my sister in laws 30th birthday but Bev certainly made us all welcome when we thought wed missed the buffet.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about your Spa day and in particular regarding Bev who looked after you so well and made sure you did not miss your lunch!!!

We hope to see you again soon

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!