“Returning for spa break”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Returning for spa break”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned home following an overnight spa break at Tankersley Manor booked to celebrate my birthday. We have been to the hotel before and it didn't disappoint this time.

We stayed in a Q star room which was very spacious with extra drinks and snacks provided although the shower in the bath did come loose.We used the gym and the pool which were pleasant although the ladies changing room at the spa could have benefited from a tidy up through the day as some guests wont tidy up after themselves sadly!

We had a lunch, dinner and breakfast in with the package and the food was very good at all meals. We would especially like to thank Mohammed who worked in the lunch and breakfast room, he was fantastic and very enthusiastic!

All in all a good break!

Room Tip: Up grade to Q star room if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review following on from your return Spa break with us.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Mo looked after you during your stay.

Hope to see you again soon

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel in a nice setting with good parking to the front. Old stone frontage etc. Reception staff very polite and helpful. Room was adequate but carpet could have been cleaner, with a few bits and stains visible on the floor. A good hoover around the edges and skirtings would have improved this no end. Dust and hairs in bathroom too around the edges and skirtings, bathroom fan was clogged and not working at the time. The room including fixtures and fittings are just a bit tired I think. Good WIFI and phone signal on Voda and 02.
Had the cooked self service breakfast which was fine (nice scrambled eggs)
A lot of noise from corridor and adjacent rooms but did seem to get better later on.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and your feedback regarding the room that you stayed in. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team so that improvements can be made.

I do hope that we will see you again soon

Kind regards

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Held our wedding ceremony and reception here on Sunday the 13th of April 2014, we had a fantastic day ,the staff were fantastic ,can't thank everyone enough,special thanks to Rebecca and Kay who made sure everything ran smooth.
The wedding breakfast was very ,very good,we enjoyed all three courses and many of our guests commented on the high standard of the food.
Thank you Tankersley Manor for a wonderful day
Phil and Sharron Humphrey

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear guests

Congratulations on your wedding - it was an absolute delight that you allowed us to look after you on such a special occasion.

I will pass on your thanks to Rebecca, Kay and all the team that contributed to a marvellous day and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards

Sheffield
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Myself and my friend went to Tankerlsey Manor for a spa break which we received from our boys for Mother’s Day. We arrived at the hotel on the Friday at 11am knowing we couldn’t check in until 2pm but when we went to the desk and spoke to Leslie about what we would be doing, we noticed there was a room upgrade for only £10 so as we were there for a treat we decided to upgrade to a superior room. Leslie then made a quick call and said out room would be ready in 45 minutes rather than the three hours we originally thought.
We were booked in for lunch at 12 so went through to the bar and had a drink while we waited. The only thing about the lunch I would say but this is coming from a fussy eater is there could do with being a more plainer option but what I did eat I really enjoyed.
We then made our way up to our room which was huge and really really lovely, room 308. We had our spa treatment (a fit for business massage) and also used the facilities. It was my first spa treatment and I did feel a bit nervous about it at first but the girls made us feel comfortable and relaxed.
We were booked in for dinner at 7.30pm. We were looked after by a young lady called Katie who was really friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the meal (I had the fish and chips and my friend had the beef burger, which by the way was amazing and I don’t usually eat beef burgers), me being a fussy eater (don’t like onions or mayo etc) struggled to find a starter I would order (my friend had the Yorkshire pudding and really enjoyed it). We also had a dessert and this was by far one of the best desserts I have ever had, the caramel cheesecake. I would go back just for the cheesecake alone!
We then went back to the room because we were full and tired and had had a long day. We had an okay night’s sleep but that wasn’t anything to do with hotel I never sleep 100% when im away from my partner and son but all in all a good night’s sleep for me.
We woke early so thought we would go down to breakfast and again the food was amazing and such a good choice and everything so tasty and fresh.
We then went and packed up and checked out. We called into the bar for one last treat before we left and Bev made us the most amazing orange Belgian hot chocolate. We really liked how down to earth, friendly and helpful the staff all were and especially Leslie, Katie and Bev. We asked our partners to make it an annual Mother’s Day present and will definitely go back whenever we can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review after your recent stay with us. It was fabulous to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Leslie, Bev, Kaie and the team looked after you so well.

Please keep an eye on the QHotels website for future offers and news and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back very soon

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived thursday evening and were greeted by Leslie who was very friendly and efficient with the check in, Leslie seemed to be working every time we went past reception and is a credit to her employers. We had room 108 which was everything you would expect from a hotel. We were there for a wedding which was taking place in the hotel on the friday, because of the amount of people staying, we had a private room for an evening meal, the meal was fine but not exceptional . Breakfast is a buffet with all the usual fare, full english or continental whichever you fancy. The wedding itself was to be held in the barn , which is perfect for up to about 80 people, The wedding meal was very nice and the service was very efficient. The room was cleared and set up for the evening taking less than 90 minutes. The evening do was great very well organised by the hotel staff. I would thoroughly recommend any looking for a wedding venue to look no further than Tankersley Manor,

Room Tip: Room 108 is above the front entrance and can be a little noisy if you sleep with the windows open
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Swlucas
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following on from your atendance at a recent wedding held at the hotel.

It was great to read such fabulous feedback and I will ensure that this is passed onto the team - especially Lesley - who you have mentioned in your review.

Kind regards

Ely
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here as part of a convention. Concerns from previous reviews were totally unfounded. Our room was in lovely condition , comfy bed and superb shower. We only ate here as part of the meeting, but considering there were over 100 delegates the diner was of a very good standard and had little to fault. What was outstanding was the friendly and helpful staff, nothing was to much trouble and the ladies on reception even agreed to store my rather high value bicycle in their offices while I acted as a taxi for some of the delegates.

The swimming pool is also to be recommended !

Room Tip: We were in the new wing, room 227. Not a brilliant view but quiet and in excellent condition.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and team to be comfortable and friendly.

I hope we see you back for future stays

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I held my wedding ceremony and reception here. The hotel offers packages but you can also tailor the packages to your requirements or just design your own wedding. The staff were great before the wedding and during. Before the wedding Rebecca listened to our requirements and tailored things to our needs (I'm a fussy vegetarian and don't drink alcohol, but I felt greatly catered for).

On the day of the wedding Jess was really good and acted as toastmaster, letting us know what was happening when and if we still wanted certain things to happen (such as speech order). The other staff were also great who brought out the food and all seemed happy and friendly.

The food was lovely - I especially love the garlic bread and brownie!

In the package we were given complimentary use of the junior suite and the room was clean and well stocked with tea/coffee and biscuits. The bed was comfy and the shower was great. I can't really comment on the other facilities as they weren't used as we went straight off on our honeymoon the day after. I wish we had more of a chance to enjoy the room and the swimming pool/spa but am looking to book a night stay when funds/work allows! The rooms include breakfast and there was a wide choice of food such as cereals, toast, pastries and fully cooked English breakfast.

I wish I could have my wedding and stop here every week it was that good!

Room Tip: Tankersley manor try to accommodate any needs e.g. quieter rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding and secondly thank you for your fabulous review of your day.

It was our pleasure to be involved in your wedding and I was so pleased to read that both Rebecca and ess interpreted your requirements to make it a memorable occasion for you.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!