“Disappointed!”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We attended wedding on the 17.5.14. Everything was going well until we noticed that the wedding cake that my mum made was damaged. There were fingerprints all over it and it was slightly squashed on the side. But the worst part was the bouquet on the top. It was made out of sugar and it was all deformed, clearly left somewhere hot, even though we were told the cake will be put straight into the fridge the day before. When we asked the member of staff (Kaye Speed) about what happened, her first reaction was ignorance and later she said that it doesn't look that bad and its not their fault. No apology even though she was the one responsible for the cake! My mum was absolutely distraught about what happened. She tried to speak to the same member of staff and was very upset about the way she was spoken to and subsequently she left. I spoke to few other members of staff since the wedding but seems like I'm being ignored this time again. Nobody is doing anything about it! I was just told that somebody will get back to me and that was over a month ago! Overall very disappointed, rude staff that is not doing their job properly and poor customer service. Definitively won't be recommending Tankersley Manor to any friends, family or future clients.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lenka S
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback where I was sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with wedding cake. The instuctions given to the hotel team were followed and the cake was refrigerated until the day of the wedding. Throughout the day of the reception the cake began to melt and this was rectified the best that we could with the limited time that we had.

The feedback that we have received from the bridal party and their guests attending has been nothing but positive both for the food and service received and I am sorry that you did not find this to be the case.

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friends and I stayed here over the weekend and absolutely loved the whole experience. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel so welcome, all of the staff from reception to the restaurant were amazing. We stayed in the old wing of the hotel by reception and fell in love with our room, it was filled with character and the old wooden beams made it feel homely and warm. The room was exceptionally clean and staff even came into clean the room on the second day of our stay.
On the first evening we ate in the restaurant, if you stay here you HAVE to try their new menu. The food was fresh, presented immaculately and tasted amazing. To start I had the chicken with peanut sauce and for main I had the duck. The service was great, the staff in the restaurant are a credit to the hotel. And the chefs are unbelievable, If I could cook like this I'd be a very popular lady!!
On our second day we went for a trip into Leeds which was only a 15minute car journey, was lovely to go out and explore the local area and even managed to do a bit of shopping too!
The whole weekend was amazing, I loved every minute of it. My friends and I had a fantastic time and we would all recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Weezie893

Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to post this with our tripadvisor followers. As this is a new menu it is great to receive your feedback and I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed all the food on offer.

The team pride themselves on our Yorkshire hosiptality and I will be sure to pass on all of your comments to them about your stay wth us.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Tankersley manor for a one night spa break and upgraded to a q star room. The entire experience was fantastic with the spa and hotel staff being friendly, helpful and professional. The food in the restaurant in the evening was very good and the buffet lunch was of a good quality. I would struggle to find fault and even slightly irritating issues like running out of various buffet items, was resolved quickly by the staff. We are very picky and we were very pleased with the entire break.

Room Tip: Would recommend an upgrade to a q star room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobsa123
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review following on from your Spa break with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all the facilities of the Spa, Brasserie and Rooms and hope that we can welcome you back very soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel in a lovely setting. Rooms spacious and very clean, although the bathroom was tired. The staff extremely friendly and courteous, nothing was too much trouble. The food excellent and generous portions! Spa facilities good and therapist lovely too. Would recommend a visit

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to share with our Tripadvisor readers your experience of Tankersley Manor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your Spa break and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I came here for a weekend spa break. As with all these places now, they get really busy at weekends with hen parties and such so if you want a relaxing couples weekend, you will have to accept that the poll may be packed and there will be no loungers free!
That being said, the spa and treatments were nice although they made a mistake with the appointment times which meant we had to come back later in the day for the second treatment. I was told by the girls in the spa that this happened often due to the central reservation booking system, so maybe something to improve there!
Food was food, we had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner service was slow but the staff were incredibly friendly. I had a wet aged steak (never heard of that before) and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Overall some ups and downs but I would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback following on from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay but sorry that there was some confusion of your treatment time. Unfortunately this was entirely our fault and no fault of our central reservations department, actions have been put in place to prevent this occurring in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just been with family for the carvery. Although shown to our seats, carvery not ready. Went for starters but told that wasn't ready although all food clearly out. Carvery was pork or beef, fish or pasta. Small portion of meat served. Pork fatty, no stuffing only carrots with a few green beans thrown in and all luke warm. Beef was lovely. Desserts looked inviting but nothing to suggest what they were .chef at carvery said one was a Manchester tart that had fruit and coconut in it but he said it wasn't v. Nice! Toffee pudding gorgeous but no custard only cream. 2 pints of cloudy black sheep served before getting it right. Outside Main entrance and in courtyard loads of fag ends which hadnt been cleaned up. Very disappointing overall and we made our feelings known.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to us for Sunday Lunch. I would like to assure you that your comments were passed on to me from the waitress that served you and I believe that she explained that as of this Sunday we would no longer be offering a carvery but only our full Brasserie menu.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the roast beef and sticky toffee pudding which I am sure will feature as a special on a Sunday

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My sister and I booked a 2 night stay as a treat to unwind after a tough time. Our twin room was comfortable, well equipped and had a nice view of the garden. The bed was a bit old with a hollow in the mattress but all the rest was lovely. There were a lot of people there, for conferences, weddings and spa breaks but the staff handled it all well and we never felt too crowded. They were launching a new menu which was a little short on vegetarian mains but had very good vegetarian starters. Breakfast was good. prices were what you'd expect in a decent hotel. The real ales were disappointing; maybe they don't sell enough but neither ale was in very good condition on this occasion. We had spa treatments which were priced as you'd expect (quite steep) but we apprecaited it so much that it was worth every penny. We loved the leaisure pool and jacuzzi; just what you need to soothe troubled minds and muscles. The thing that really makes Tankersley stand out is the staff. Everyone was professional and attentive as you'd expect, but beyond that they seemed genuinely friendly and happy in their work. The reception staff in particular were really helpful when we needed directions and that was the icing on the cake. I'd wholeheatredly recommend this place and am looking forward to going back before too long.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of Tankersley Manor where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time away with your sister.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the vegetarian options and we will ensure that we offer more dishes on our daily specials to cater for our vegetarian guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Hayleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#12 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!