“Lovely long weekend!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely long weekend!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel with a very relaxed feel. We upgraded to a Q Star room and very good it was, too; very spacious, spotlessly clean, super comfy bed and all the usual Q Star extras. We had 2 dinners in the Brasserie - food was great and the service was excellent. Although the hotel was very busy with weddings and a tribute night, you wouldn't have known any of this was going on! All the staff were welcoming, friendly and very efficient. A good idea was the notice left in our bedroom on Saturday, advising us that the breakfast room would be very busy between certain times on Sunday morning due to the volume of guests. All in all, a wonderful stay and we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Q Star room - well worth the extra!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments after your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your long weekend and I hope we will see you again soon for the next one.

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights to recharge our batteries. The experience was brilliant arrived early to just have a look receptionist was lovely checked whether our room was ready and as it was she let us check in. We had booked a suite which did not disappoint. Spacious and well equipped. We spent a hour in the spa which was lovely and then had a lovely meal in the restaurant. The staff were al brilliant nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was great and we would definitely go back. My only really small criticism is that there was no where to play any music. An iPod / phone dock would gave been perfect. Oh and for me the bed was a little too soft. We have already looked to book another qhotel. Would recommend a visit Sheffield is a very lovely city

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which there are only two of
Dear Guest

It was great to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and took full advantage of all the facilities on offer at Tankersley Manor Hotel. All of our Q hotels are unique and individual and on your next visit please take advantage of our breakaway club membership so that you can be the first to hear of our many offers throughout the year.

Kind regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We attended wedding on the 17.5.14. Everything was going well until we noticed that the wedding cake that my mum made was damaged. There were fingerprints all over it and it was slightly squashed on the side. But the worst part was the bouquet on the top. It was made out of sugar and it was all deformed, clearly left somewhere hot, even though we were told the cake will be put straight into the fridge the day before. When we asked the member of staff (Kaye Speed) about what happened, her first reaction was ignorance and later she said that it doesn't look that bad and its not their fault. No apology even though she was the one responsible for the cake! My mum was absolutely distraught about what happened. She tried to speak to the same member of staff and was very upset about the way she was spoken to and subsequently she left. I spoke to few other members of staff since the wedding but seems like I'm being ignored this time again. Nobody is doing anything about it! I was just told that somebody will get back to me and that was over a month ago! Overall very disappointed, rude staff that is not doing their job properly and poor customer service. Definitively won't be recommending Tankersley Manor to any friends, family or future clients.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lenka S
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback where I was sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with wedding cake. The instuctions given to the hotel team were followed and the cake was refrigerated until the day of the wedding. Throughout the day of the reception the cake began to melt and this was rectified the best that we could with the limited time that we had.

The feedback that we have received from the bridal party and their guests attending has been nothing but positive both for the food and service received and I am sorry that you did not find this to be the case.

Warm regards

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friends and I stayed here over the weekend and absolutely loved the whole experience. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel so welcome, all of the staff from reception to the restaurant were amazing. We stayed in the old wing of the hotel by reception and fell in love with our room, it was filled with character and the old wooden beams made it feel homely and warm. The room was exceptionally clean and staff even came into clean the room on the second day of our stay.
On the first evening we ate in the restaurant, if you stay here you HAVE to try their new menu. The food was fresh, presented immaculately and tasted amazing. To start I had the chicken with peanut sauce and for main I had the duck. The service was great, the staff in the restaurant are a credit to the hotel. And the chefs are unbelievable, If I could cook like this I'd be a very popular lady!!
On our second day we went for a trip into Leeds which was only a 15minute car journey, was lovely to go out and explore the local area and even managed to do a bit of shopping too!
The whole weekend was amazing, I loved every minute of it. My friends and I had a fantastic time and we would all recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Weezie893
Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to post this with our tripadvisor followers. As this is a new menu it is great to receive your feedback and I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed all the food on offer.

The team pride themselves on our Yorkshire hosiptality and I will be sure to pass on all of your comments to them about your stay wth us.

East Yorkshire
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Tankersley manor for a one night spa break and upgraded to a q star room. The entire experience was fantastic with the spa and hotel staff being friendly, helpful and professional. The food in the restaurant in the evening was very good and the buffet lunch was of a good quality. I would struggle to find fault and even slightly irritating issues like running out of various buffet items, was resolved quickly by the staff. We are very picky and we were very pleased with the entire break.

Room Tip: Would recommend an upgrade to a q star room
1 Thank bobsa123
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review following on from your Spa break with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all the facilities of the Spa, Brasserie and Rooms and hope that we can welcome you back very soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel in a lovely setting. Rooms spacious and very clean, although the bathroom was tired. The staff extremely friendly and courteous, nothing was too much trouble. The food excellent and generous portions! Spa facilities good and therapist lovely too. Would recommend a visit

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and thank you for taking the time to share with our Tripadvisor readers your experience of Tankersley Manor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your Spa break and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I came here for a weekend spa break. As with all these places now, they get really busy at weekends with hen parties and such so if you want a relaxing couples weekend, you will have to accept that the poll may be packed and there will be no loungers free!
That being said, the spa and treatments were nice although they made a mistake with the appointment times which meant we had to come back later in the day for the second treatment. I was told by the girls in the spa that this happened often due to the central reservation booking system, so maybe something to improve there!
Food was food, we had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner service was slow but the staff were incredibly friendly. I had a wet aged steak (never heard of that before) and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Overall some ups and downs but I would go back again.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback following on from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay but sorry that there was some confusion of your treatment time. Unfortunately this was entirely our fault and no fault of our central reservations department, actions have been put in place to prevent this occurring in the future.

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!