“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I visited Tankersley Manor Hotel for work and stayed one night. The nights stay was excellent. From the moment I arrived the service was fantastic. I was greeted by a lady called Helen and she was amazing whilst I was there. I had had a long and tiring journey but the welcome at the other end made it worth it and the staff went above and beyond.

My room was lovely, very spacious and probably one of the best nights sleep I have had at a hotel in a while. The facilities were good and the surroundings were lovely. The rooms only downfall was the shower. It was an over the bath shower which was fine, but once the shower curtain was drawn I was left with a third of the bath to stand in.

The breakfast in the morning was lovely which a huge choice of food, juices etc. I was also able to have a poached egg to order for no extra charge. I also had a yogurt for my breakfast, but was not able to find a teaspoon to eat it with.

Other than these minor things, the place was very good and if I need to go to Leeds again I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following on from your recent stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to all of the team and I do hope that you will be staying with us again soon on your next business trip to Leeds.

Kind reagrds

Hayleigh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is without doubt the worst bar staff I have ever encountered .I attended a family wedding at Tankersley manor on the 11 July. Rooms were paid for and a pleasant day was planned....or so I thought ..... When buying a round of drinks at rather inflated prices I asked for a slice of lemon in a Gin and Tonic "Sorry mate I haven't got any lemons here, they are in the other bar"

First of all, I was not his "mate"", never even met the barman before, secondly why did he not prepare his bar before the paying guests arrived ? I would have understood if it was the end of the day, but we had just arrived from the church.

I had to go to the reception area and asked if it helped if I went to Tescos to get some lemons. Little or no leadership with this team. Then when asked about clearing up some plates in the reception area, "sorry mate not my Job"

I asked if I could leave a comment for the line manager, and pass on my whole experience to which I was promised a questionnaire by E mail.....and I am still waiting.

Glass bottles being emptied in the early hours....no alarm clocks needed here...

The only decent member of staff in all this was a man called Mohammed, a Morrocan. I suggested to the receptionist that the Surly Bar Staff took a leaf out of his book. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he understands customer care.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the bins being emptied in the early hours
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark H H
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was sorry to read that the service you encountered from our bar team was not to our usual high standards. As you will see from previous reviews our team are frequently praised for their friendly and hospitable customer service and I can only apologise that this was not your experience.

I have shared your thoughts with our Bar team so that improvements can be made in this area and your wonderful feedback fabout Mo has also been passed on.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Tankersley Manor Brasserie - this is probably the only negative review I have ever written but our party were so consistently disappointed with our food that I wanted to give feedback. The restaurant is lovely and the service was fine but the issue was with the quaily of the food. I ordered mushrooms which were luke warm and had obviously standing a while as the bread they were served on was soggy, other starters e.g chIcken strips were just a small portion of cold chicken breast with stir fry vegetables.Main courses fish and chips a tiny and thin portion of fish surrounded in a lot of grassy batter, duck came over cooked ( even though we had been asked specifically if we minded it pink as that is how it was served) and was therefore very tough and the risotto was poorly seasoned and bland.As I said I rarely complain and did not want to make a fuss so went to bar and asked to speak to the restaurant manager who said he would speak to the chef and then came back with a brief apology, I paid the bill and left very disappointed. I would not recommend the restaurant on this basis as the meal just so poor and we left feeling we had paid restaurant prices for poor quality pub food.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank BandCK
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was sorry to learn you were disappointed with your meal.

I have addressed each of the points you have raised regarding your meal with our Head Chef and he would also like to add his apologies to mine.

Warm regards

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights recently and the location and hotel itself is very nice. There are a couple of areas where it doesn't quite reach the standards required for a 4* hotel. It would appear that the spa is the main feature of this hotel. This meant that the restaurant, bar and garden areas had a lot of people sitting around in dressing gowns. On the Saturday, the spa must have been particularly busy, because alongside the people in dressing gowns, there were several people in the bar and garden with towels wrapped around them. This is not a good look for a family hotel. I am sure that there could be a separate eating/drinking area for spa users.
On our first morning we were shown into a side room for breakfast and completely ignored. We asked for tea on four occasions and were told that somebody would be with us shortly, it was 30 minutes before we got our tea. I had got my breakfast, but they had run out of eggs, bacon and mushrooms, that my wife wanted. I had finished my breakfast by the time that my wife returned with hers.
The staff say all of the right things but there seems to be no feeling behind it, it's like they are reading a script.
I would have marked this hotel a lot lower if it hadn't been for the excellent food, lovely room and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the beer garden as this is a popular hotel for both hen & stag nights...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim M
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that some of our Spa guests were not appropriately dressed in the bar and public areas and I have raised this issue with the team for future Spa break guests. Unfortunatley we do not have seperate dining or kitchen facilities in our Spa and Leisure Club.

I have also shared your concerns regarding the service at breakfast with our Managers so that this can be addressed with the team immediately.

I was pleased to read that both the food and accommodation were excellent throughout your stay and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bottesford
Reviewed 14 July 2014

stayed here looking to get a good nights sleep after a recent illness, our first room was opposite a busy road so i asked to be moved . We were offered another room which was quite at first , then because it was near the lift and front door became very noisey . So I had a poor nights sleep , told the receptionist the next morning who said she would pass my comments on to the manager , no feedback .filled in the Q hotel customer survey they sent me , again no feedback . So i write my review on tripadvisor , Hotel , staff and food there were good but the whole point of my stay was to relax.

Room Tip: try and get a quite room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheTruth12
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and many apologies that no-one from the hotel has been in touch with you regarding your stay.

I’m sorry to learn that you were disturbed by some guests returning to their rooms. We do our best to allocate groups as close together as possible, however it depends on the types of rooms booked and their location in the hotel.

Kind regards

Doncaster, England
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We had the all inclusive dinner package and went with friends for a social 'get together' the last Saturday in June. Our room was very nice complete with four poster bed, but the Sky Sports channels did not work (but we did not pursue this with the Hotel), there was bottled water and tea/coffee making facilities too, everything you would expect. However the bar and restaurant area was not big enough in the afternoon to seat all guests wishing to have a drink as they close off the majority of it to allow staff to set the tables for dinner. As there were two weddings on at the same time you can imagine the bar area was busy to say the least!
However the dinner menu was good enough to cater for us all and the meals received were very good and we all cleared our plates. The dinner service staff were also very good especially Claire who's bubbly personality made the experience fun too! Thank you Claire.
I cannot say we will be back but one member of our party regularly attends for the spa and has had no complaints stating the treatments are very good.
My main 'complaint' would be that the signage directing people to the designated smoking area is misleading and not clear enough, so all smokers stand outside the main entrance smoking...you have to manoeuvre yourself through them and the cigarette ends on the ground to get in and out. Not the best first impression.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments after your recent stay with us. It was great to read that you enjoyed the new menu and that there was clean plates all around.

We have recently ordered new signage for the outdoor areas, so I hope this will quickly resolve guests smoking at the entrance of the hotel.

Warm regards

Lincoln
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a refurbished 'grand house' (not quite a stately home) with lots of original touches and character. Lovely views especially from the brasserie at sunset. The staff were helpful although in the brasserie we had to request menus twice and at one point the waitress brought a couple of items then seemed to forget us for a while and chatted to another guest. The food was good although a couple of colleagues who had fish & chips said the batter was a bit greasy, and the black pudding salad starter apparently didn't taste of black pudding. My gnocchi with asparagus and mushrooms was lovely. Breakfast was a decent buffet selection with a list of other options to order, and the service was fine. Overall I'd be happy to stay again. Especially as they do no fuss free wifi (which is a bit of a thing with me - why can't they all do it?).

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. At QHotels we understand the importance of keeping connected, so we offer Free WIFI thoughout at all of our hotels.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your evening meal and our buffet selection at breakfast. Please keep an eye for our new Home Comforts Bar menu which is due to be launched very soon.

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!