Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$47
1,848 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsevening mealspa stafflovely spalight lunchleisure facilitiessteam room and saunabar areabar pricesmy mumwedding venuefood was lovelybuffet stylewedding receptionfollowing morningafternoon tea
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed during the Easter holidays with my husband & daughter Dinner, Bed & Breakfast in a spacious Q Star room. The customer service we received was outstanding, the evening meals & breakfasts cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: Q Star room upgrade, spacious room with sofa/sofa-bed, drinks package, fridge & upgraded toiletries.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience of your Easter break at Tankersley Manor Hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon

Best Wishes

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for a night as it was easier as we had been to a Wedding during the day and then was attending a different wedding at night. We had paid extra for a QRoom but on checkin wasn't told what the extras actually were included, and simply didn't get chance to ask as it was a double shuffle, to get to reception. Hotel is well situated with easy access to M1 etc and was easy to get to with plenty of parking. Room was large and clean, sadly it was too hot! We tried to turn the in room air condition on but remote wouldn't work, lucky it turned cool so we managed. Bed was comfy but didn't sleep well. Buffet Food was fantastic, will go back to try menu at a later date and Breakfast was good and kept well stocked in a buffet style. Drinks were expensive, for a pint of Larger and 1 Bottle of Cider we were charged £9. Over all we had a good stay, next time I will take more notice of what is included in rooms booked.

Room Tip: Normal rooms are just as good as Q rooms! We paid for extras and were unsure what extras we got included in the price which wasn't cheap, never used robes etc Normal rooms just as good, Take a bottle the drinks aren't cheap either
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayleigh p, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

What a great review!

Our Q star rooms are slightly larger and come with added little extras such as bathrobes, upgraded toiletries, selection of complimentary drinks and nibbles and a newspaper of your choice.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After relocating to the south west just over 3 years ago, this is our second stay at tankersley manor, we came "home" for a family wedding in our village, hence only eating on the Friday night. My wife had the Barnsley chop, which she described as to die for, as it was Friday I had the fish and chips :) excellent table service from Lois , breakfast is a buffet style all tastes catered for, on our previous stay I was in awe of the tasty eggs, rest assured both mornings didn't disappoint , and again good service from Mohammed , this is definitely our base for any more trips back home to Yorkshire tha nos

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for such great feedback and for your continued support of Tankersley Manor.

I was delighted to read that the team looked after you so well - especialy Lois and Mohammed and I will be sure to pass on this feedback to them.

We look forward to your next visit home

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Booked an overnight spa package at Tankersley Manor prior to reading any reviews....having then read some of the reviews I was worried as to what would await us when we arrived.
I am pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised and my husband and I had a very enjoyable stay. The package we booked included a light lunch (presented in a lunch box - great idea and loved it), a three course evening meal, use of the spa facilities and a 50 minute treatment, breakfast and a bottle of pink fizz in our room. All aspects of the package were very good. The spa facilities, although small, were very clean. The treatment was fabulous - we both chose the Fit for Business Ritual would definitely recommend. The evening meal was nice. This was included in the package - the prices of food and drinks are a little high but the food was tasty and the service was very good and efficient. The staff were very happy to help - I wanted some fresh milk for a cup of tea in the room and they happily gave me some. Rooms included all the basics expected and were very comfortable. In other reviews it suggests it can be a little noisy - there were two weddings happening during our stay and we didn't hear any noise - maybe we were in a quieter room. We had a notice in our room saying the hotel was busy this weekend and to expect it to be very busy a breakfast. At breakfast time, there were plenty of tables. Staff were friendly and we were quickly seated. Lots and lots of choice! Particularly impressed with crumpets and brioche as a choice. It was presented in buffet style and all looked delicious.
Overall we had a great stay and would definitely return, in my opinion some of the reviews do not do this hotel justice. Thank you for a great stay :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire K

Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and thank you so much for your positive feedback . It was great to read that you enjoyed all of the hotel facilities and that all the staff you encountered were excellent

I hope we can welcome you back to Tankersley Manor very soon

Warm regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review while I am still at Tankersley Manor hotel, the reason I am doing this is that I have just read some of the reviews and can't believe what I am reading, we are finding the staff absolutely wonderful, the food is lovely, nothing has been a problem and I think it is a lovely hotel.
We are a group of 7 here in 4 rooms for 2 nights celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary and none of us have had any problems at all.
We all would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at Tankersley Manor Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments and I am glad that both you and your family enjoyed celebrating this special occasion with us.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future