“Overpriced”

The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tankersley
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tankersley Manor bar&brasserie offers a taste of the English countryside with a modern twist, it’s the perfect place to unwind and indulge in some classic brasserie dishes. With a menu containing everything from Crispy Hen Eggs, Seven Hour Cooked Lamb and Coq au Vin to Braised Beef in Ale and 8oz Rib-Eye Steak, there is a mouth - watering selection to suit any palette. The new look bar&brasserie is contemporary with a rustic feel and with three new dining areas it’s a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine.Built around a former 17th century residence near Sheffield, Tankersley Manor is situated in the heart of the South Yorkshire countryside, yet conveniently located one minute from Junction 36 off the M1.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Eat here for 12 nights as part of the hotel package and tried each menu choice. A varied menu - on paper I was impressed. But there is poor attention to detail, such as Lamb Shank being so badly overcooked that I had to return it (this is the first time I've ever had to return any meal). The Pork was warm, not hot (I declined the waitresses offer to microwave it for me!!). The Steak was bland. The Duck was absolutely lovely, best I've had, but only on the menu for one night, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with any other options. Other menu options were ok, but at these prices I would expect more than just ok. I came to the conclusion that (apart from the Duck) the food is average and hence overpriced by 30%.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Sunday lunch in the Brasserie. Literally the worst meal I have had for many a year. I ordered the grilled chicken and chips, described on the menu as "grilled on the bone for maximum flavour and then carefully removed from the bone by chef immediately before serving for ease of eating", or some such. What actually arrived was about 3/4 of a whole carcass of a very small poussin. It was almost entirely bone with hardly any meat. Actually this was probably just as well since the tiny amount of meat there was was so badly cooked as to be virtually inedible. Sub-McCain fries accompanied. £12.50 for that.
The rest of the party (4 others) fared slightly better in their choices, but not much.
Very poor show indeed.

1  Thank Sigmund_Fried
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I attend Tankersley Manor for business meetings regularly. What impresses me is the service and great atmostphere. The food is always excellent and the real fires make it welcoming. I am particularly impressed with Beverley who makes time to chat and make sure you are happy with every aspect of the service. I would recommend...

Reviewed 17 December 2013

After an exhausting Christmas shopping trip,we decided to call in the restaurant for our lunch.Our waitress was a lady called Bev,she couldnt do enough for us,she even sang us a christmas carol whilst at our table,so happy,chirpy and jolly.The food was excellent,coffee was amazing.The restaurant christmas decorations lovely..

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Met at this restaurant to meet friends staying there , decided to order a quick bite to eat and I must say what I ordered was very disappointing and the portion was very small. Wish I had stuck with a burger. Not good value for money.