Fines Bayliwick House
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Hilton Bracknell(Bracknell)
View Hotel
All reviewsfines bayliwickcharming hotelbed was comfortablefriendly receptioncreaky floorboardsbeautiful conservatoryhome away from homeplenty of hot watersingle roomstayed one nightdecent sizean overnight stayascotkeyraces
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was a little small for two people but it's always nice to snuggle. No extra pillows available which was a pity but the other bedding and heating kept us comfy. We didn't opt for the breakfast at 10 pounds as we are on a budget, or the dinner for the same monetary reasons. There is a couple of pubs and takeaway places around if you have a car. It was a relaxing stay with free strong wifi and a good place to get over my jetlag. You get a bit of the English country feel, which is always a bit nicer then the plastic hotel experience in my opinion. I would suggest it to others.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed on business for 1 night. The staff were frosty to start with, making me feel like a burden not a guest!, but did improve over the night I stayed. No signage for where the rooms and had to ask the receptionist as she didn't tell me where I needed to go...
The bedroom was lovely, spacious, clean and warm. The bathroom was basic and the shower cubical was small and the door opened into the shower so you have to be quite flexible to have a shower!!
The food tasted as though it was bought and microwaved and breakfast was confusing. Having given my time and choice of English or Continental the night before I went down and was asked for my room number and told to take a seat. That was it... then breakfast arrived, no choice of what you wanted in your English breakfast which I found just odd. All in all it could be a lovely hotel if customer services and the food is addressed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gorge4
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed on business in January. Lots of scaffolding and care worn exterior not v positive first impression. Check in requires answering range of questions: time and nature of breakfast etc. more of a guest house approach than hotel. Room 3 was a bit careworn with broken lights, hard bed and inadequate electric shower.
Dinner a little surreal in a Conservatory decked out like an Indian restaurant. Food ok but limited. Flat refusal to provide a simple fruit salad in place of stodgy desserts.
Breakfast adequate but uninspired.
I'm going back to area next week and have asked for a digpfferent hotel. Enough said.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EdinburghMrsd
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was staying for two nights this weekend to visit some friends. I have to say the location of the hotel is excellent, probably in one of the best areas in Berkshire. The place is very quiet and peaceful, had a great sleep which this time was all I needed after some very tiring journeys through the country. The rooms are nice and cozy with just the right temperature and perfect beds. The staff were very nice and helpful and taking into account the very reasonable prices I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have just returned from the Fines Bayliwick after a one week stay on Business.
I had read the reviews below and was a little apprehensive but it was too late to cancel and re book somewhere else.
On arrival I was greeted by the owner 'Sandy' He was a vey nice polite fella who could not do enough for us. His Partner 'Dee' is also a quite lovely person who went the extra mile on more than one occasion making our stay comfortable.
We stayed on room 3 which appeared to have a brand new carpet, The room was of a decent size and was clean, comfortable and fresh. Two things that would have improved this room would be blinds at the picture bathroom window as in winter you would not really want to see a naked profile of the wife and I :-) . The other would be to do something with the shower as it had a habit of running hot and cold. I am sure that the owners will get round to sorting this out as they are only minor things and other than this, The room was perfect, The breakfast was good, Yes not huge but We both preferred it this way as we are not fat and greedy and do not want a huge breakfast repeating on us all day. I would class the full English as what it was, It ticked all the boxes. The breakfast staff were great and very friendly and obliging. One tip for the owners, Not at any point were we offered the tea of coffee option. I think it was because the staff were fairly new and just need a little tweaking,, All these very small niggles aside,, We both very much enjoyed our stay at the Fines Bayliwick and will stay here again if I am working in the area. The other reports on this Hotel seem very unfair and I suspect that somebody may have been out to damage their reputation. My report is un- bias and accurate. I can not comment on the evening meal but the conservatory was full of diners every night which speaks for itself. I can only comment on the room I stayed in which was just the ticket.

Room Tip: Room 3 is nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple