“Overnight stay at Fines Bayliwick House”

Fines Bayliwick House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Binfield
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked on line and was a bit apprehensive but we were greeted warmly and immediately upgraded to a beautiful en-suite room overlooking the gardens. It was surprisingly quiet and peaceful considering its closeness to the road. Everything was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful. The gardens were pretty and the front of the hotel was swathed in wisteria. We were going on to a lunch party the next day and had planned to explore the area a little to pass the time before the party started but the weather was awful, steady heavy rain, and the owner kindly suggested that we make use of the hotel facilities until we were ready to leave for the party. We would stay at Fines Bayliwick House again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found the hotel very quiet and comfortable,but the hot water in the room wasn't very warm,the only fault we could find,but we would certainly visit again,and we would recommend the hotel very much.

Room Tip: We were in room 13 at the rear of the hotel,very nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Cheap but not cheerful, we just wanted somewhere to sleep as we were visiting family and in this respect it was quite adequate. Breakfast was typical English but we were not asked what we would like for the cooked part but plenty of choice in yoghurt , cereals cheese and fruit. The room had a plug in air freshener which was quite over powering and I had to unplug it, but it was warm clean and the bed was ok. The staff were polite but not particularly friendly. The décor was a bit of a disaster nothing matched. The whole place could do with a re-vamp.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SnowQueen2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Hard to describe but I will try. A cross between an old care home and a morgue. Rooms ok but if you want a shower squeeze in as the door opens inwards. Bed, well if you looking to have a nice quiet nights sleep forget it. Bed horrible squeaky and hard, I feel sorry for the person next door because I moved in the night and must have woken them and I'm not large in any way shape or form. No duvet just sheet, crotchet blanket and throw over that, on the underside looked like it had been urinated on, yellow and disgusting. Tea and coffee ok cannot complain there. Now to the food. Nearly £13 for a curry that was not cooked but taken from the freezer and warmed up. I know because the girl serving who doubled as the receptionist told the gentleman sat near me. Two menus known as A and B, both shockingly overpriced. Breakfast which you rider the night before but have no choice as to what hits your plate, was one slice of bacon, an egg, half a tomato, a few button mushroomed and a sausage was simply tasteless, awful, awful food. Having paid for my meal through my co pant I went to leave and was told I had a bill £5 odd for my starter. Shocked or what , two kebabs on sticks and a small salad. £5! Pre cooked. No chef seen. Here I feel the guests just accepted poor standards because no one talked at all whilst eating, no interaction customer service nothing. Take a honest tip, drive past this place. This place needs a rethink, a revamp, a chef and the management should hang their heads in shame.

Room Tip: My tip is you keep looking elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy A
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms were really clean. The decor is rather odd, a cross between old and indian influence. Everything was fine until dinner time. So sorry to say the choice of food is too little. The taste was awful. Menu a consisted of unappetising pasta and menu b consisted of 5 different curries. I opted for pasta which i couldnt eat and made me ill. My colleagues couldnt have the curry he wanted, no stock. My other colleague requested chips rather than rice, no stock. They both ended up with a tasteless curry with bleached white rice. As i couldnt eat mine, thought i would have some ice cream, ran out. The young man who served us needs some customer service training. The excuse that he is a student and you know what they are like, really isnt good enough. We had a £35 business budget each that could only be used in the hotel restaurant. Rather a disappointing experience and i hope our feedback which was welcomed helps to improve things.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was a little small for two people but it's always nice to snuggle. No extra pillows available which was a pity but the other bedding and heating kept us comfy. We didn't opt for the breakfast at 10 pounds as we are on a budget, or the dinner for the same monetary reasons. There is a couple of pubs and takeaway places around if you have a car. It was a relaxing stay with free strong wifi and a good place to get over my jetlag. You get a bit of the English country feel, which is always a bit nicer then the plastic hotel experience in my opinion. I would suggest it to others.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed on business for 1 night. The staff were frosty to start with, making me feel like a burden not a guest!, but did improve over the night I stayed. No signage for where the rooms and had to ask the receptionist as she didn't tell me where I needed to go...
The bedroom was lovely, spacious, clean and warm. The bathroom was basic and the shower cubical was small and the door opened into the shower so you have to be quite flexible to have a shower!!
The food tasted as though it was bought and microwaved and breakfast was confusing. Having given my time and choice of English or Continental the night before I went down and was asked for my room number and told to take a seat. That was it... then breakfast arrived, no choice of what you wanted in your English breakfast which I found just odd. All in all it could be a lovely hotel if customer services and the food is addressed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gorge4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binfield
Travelodge Bracknell
Dial House Hotel
Dial House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crowthorne
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell

Been to Fines Bayliwick House? Share your experiences!