“An experience to repeat.”

Riverside Brasserie
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Riverside Brasserie is an outstanding restaurant tucked away beside the Thames in Bray Marina. The waterside-decked terrace is perfect for alfresco dining, or if you prefer to stay inside the restaurant, with full-length glass doors you can still enjoy the river views. Open everyday from 12pm - 10pm
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Excellent service.
Loved my fish dishes.
Fab atmosphere, relaxed outside dining looking at the river, what more could you want.
Loved it all.

6  Thank Gillian P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed 8 September 2011

After reading previous reviews I was a little apprehensive before trying out the Brasserie for myself. It just goes to show you can't please some folk. The experience was near perfect. We went early evening and was very lucky with the weather and was able to sit out throughout, at a riverside table. When the light began to fade the lights went on and as it became cooler the very effective heaters were lit, both without our prompting. The views over the river as the light began to fade was simply magical. The staff were friendly and attentive without fussing over us to make our evening enjoyable and really special. The food was even more enjoyable. For starters we chose squid with lime, gazpacho and potted rabbit with piccalilli. I hadn't tried gazpacho before but I will definitely try it again; it was absolutely delicious and I can honestly say it was the best squid I have tasted. My partner thoroughly enjoyed the rabbit even though he previously didn't like piccalilli - he's been converted! Our starters were followed by plaice with clams and saffron. Again, excellent. We chose lemon tart and the selection of cheeses for our sweet. I had heard about the delicious lemon tart and it certainly lived up to its reputation. And the cheeses (although all unknown to us) were really nice, perfectly complimented by the charcoal biscuits and quince. All in all a very pleasant evening. We were the first to arrive and the last to leave, lingering over coffees and after-dinner drinks. We didn't want to drag ourselves away. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Sadly we don't live locally but we certainly look forward to a return visit when we are next in the area.

5  Thank ashtoshy
Reviewed 4 September 2011

On a warm September afternoon the terrace of the Riverside Brasserie is a lovely place to be - the river a few feet away, pleasure boats putt-putting gently by, well-spaced tables and attentive smiling service. The food is average to OK - and variable: a starter of grilled squid with chili and lime was pretty good, a bowl of gazpacho, however, was too creamy, and lacked zing. Filter coffee was fine but the espresso was dreadful. The house Chilean sauvignon blanc was fine, although at nearly £18 it should have been. It's all quite expensive - you pay for the location - and main courses rapidly run up to £25 or so, and a side order of (good) chips is nearly £5. Nevertheless we spent a very pleasant afternoon there and the final bill of about £38 a head seemed reasonable value.

1  Thank JM49
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Ignore all previous reviews, even the foul weather couldn't dampen our experience of the Riverside.

Attentive, friendly staff who took time to talk us through the menu. We were disappointed by the torrential downpour that meant we had to sit inside for two courses of our meal. However the ever optimistic waiting staff ensured us that the minute it brightened up we could transfer to table on the decking over looking the Thames.

The menu and choice of drinks was simple, making selection and ordering simple. I had the pumpkin and sage butter tortellini, which was delicious, followed by rump of lamb, cooked to perfection - pink how it should be. Finished with delicately perfumed lavender pannacotta and passion fruit. All washed down with a glass of Tatt.

A lovely afternoon, thank you to Karen who looked after us well. A great ambassador for the Riverside Brasserie. Do not be put off by other reviews, this was great food and great service.

4  Thank DKNIGHT
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We have been going to this restaurant every summer for a number of years now. We would go more often except the menu rarely varies.

The last two visits have started wonderfully with an attentive front of house, bringing out warm home made breads and menus. However as the evening has progressed on two occasions we have found that the service starts to falter after main course, plates not cleared, long gaps with no service and trying to attract attention for another round of drinks. The fine line between chatty and efficient host seems to drift into just chatty either inside the resataurant with other staff, or spending long periods of time with one customer to the detriment of all other diners.

Like the previous reviewer I also had a thin overcooked steak, which was disappointing. Somehow it feels this summer as if things are drifting, and for the prices charged, I expect more attention to detail and higher levels of customer service.

I will give the benefit of doubt and go for third time lucky, just as soon as we get a hot evening forecast, so that I can enjoy sitting outside by the river. As I do love their Chablis and Triple Cooked Chips....please don't disappoint.

2  Thank MichiBerkshire