“Great service, beautiful classic Italian food”
Review of Caldesi Campagna

Caldesi Campagna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Lovely personal service from our hosts, like the interaction with guests, excellent menu, very well priced, big portions but still very smart and in keeping with the village. Enjoyed the lunch and the donuts for dessert which were utterly incredible and worth a trip alone.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I went as a couple for a meal on a Saturday night. We were welcomed very warmly and shown to a lovely table and a pre dinner drink order taken immediately.

They were careful to explain the specials of the day and happy to answer any questions you had on them or on any other dish on the menu.

As we were in an Italian, we decided that we would have pasta as our main course. My husband had tortellini stuffed with duck and I had the Fresh Seabass Ravioli with Lemon Butter, both were delicious and for us the perfect sized portion. We had both had a starter but this portion size meant that I was able to have a dessert the fabulous Vanilla Pannacotta and my husband the cheese.

It was an experience that we would like to repeat.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Friendly waiting staff, irritating owner who is way too full of himself. For what reason I'm not quite sure.

Food was tasty but nothing particularly sophisticated. It was good Italian food served in formal(ish) surroundings. Portion sizes were ridiculously small specially the main courses.

I had heard lots about this restaurant and the reviews on here were generally good but there's just something missing. Not quite sure what - it just feels like there's a lot of pseudo style over substance.

We dined in the "garden" which was tatty.

1  Thank foodie-fiend27
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The lunch set menu, 3 courses for £19.50 was superb. The starters of Chili mussels and Parmesan tart were very special. The mains were excellent and the deserts of vanilla pannacotta and Mango and passionfruit mousse were just divine. A wonderful lunch.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

In a magical village called Bray, you will be spoilt for brilliant chefs:)
Caldesi is a great intro to this village. On arriving to the restaurant we were made to feel as long lost friend - it was our first visit though. As they saying goes: first impressions! Service, food, ambiance and the whole experience were top notch.
I am missing my calves liver - what a treat. Desserts - fantastic and the primitivo wine - soooo gooood.
We are going back soon - can't wait to see my new famiglia:) Brace yourself Katie and Giancarlo - see you in April.