Willows Inn
Very Good 4/5
The Inn(Monaca)
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is a beautiful old building on the outside, however inside is i bit different.
    Cons: It's not clean at all. The carpet is dirty, the tile floor in the bathroom its kinda like
    so slick I'm afraid to take off my shoes and walk on it. Tub looks as though it has never been scrubbed,
    The wall paper is peeling on almost every wall.there are tiles missing in the bathroom. bathroom light won't come on.
    A/C dosen't work. Bedspreads look dirty, blanket has stains and burn marks, even though its a nonsmoking room.
    Pulled back the blankets only to uncovre stains on the sheets.
    I smelled the pillows and shheets and smell no form of soap or cleaner of any kind..
    I wonder, did they even wash them?
    Pros: They serve pretty good food, There is a bar, WIFI in your room. Quiet.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
    • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
    2  Thank djarrett889
    Reviewed 30 June 2013

Absolutely terrible.
    It really deserves minus five stars but that is not an option.
    The whole place smells like rotting food and dead animals.
    Sleeping under a bridge would be cleaner than the rooms.
    The floor in the rooms was so filthy that you had to wash the grime off your feet to go to bed.
    I was afraid to even sleep on the sheets.
    Everything in the entire room was broken chairs, lamps, toilet...etc.
    Burn the place to the ground!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
    • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
    5  Thank p g
    Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had relatives in Beaver, Pa. who suggested we stay at this place while visiting with them for the first time in twenty years. They are in their 80's and perhaps remember the hotel from its younger days. I could put up with the dated and worn furnishings but the smell of "cheap hotel" was terrible, even in the supposed "non smoking" room. I thought I would air the place out and open the windows but they were painted shut and the a/c was turned off "for a few more weeks" and only heat was working. I didn't stay to find out anymore. They were nice about refunding our money and after dinner in town we drove on past Pittsburgh to spend the night.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank TheMaven2u
    Reviewed 4 April 2013

We did not stay here, instead we came for the restaurant as part of a large group, and we were nicely accomodated. For the price ($9.00 per person) they have a satisfying, home-cooked smorgasboard. If you are looking for a gourmet meal, this is not the place that you want to go to. All the food that I tried was good and did not disppoint. Large selection, and a good variety. All items were well-marked and the staff kept up with them so that pans were not empty. Nice salad bar with soup selections, and a dessert section as well with some sugar-free selections. Atmosphere was old and it does need some updating. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 18 February 2013

The picture is of my pillow. I always turn down the covers in my room as soon as I get in. I like to inspect if it is suitable or not. Willows Inn is NOT. I in particular do not like other peoples face grime and Lord knows what else on my pillows. The blankets were filthy as well. I had to strip the blankets off. The sheets appeared to been clean but Im sure they were not. Im glad that I brought my own pillows and blankets. The ugly mirror decor is grimy. The room was totally over done with carpet fresh. It was unfortunate it did not cover up the stink. Bathroom ....gross. Carpet....gross. Counter help....rude. I hate this place. I paid $70 for a night. It was just terrible.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo