“Cool, tasty, bliss”

Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Cookham Dean B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Sanctum On The Green brings all the style, fun and quality of Sanctum Soho to the heart of some of the most beautiful countryside that exists in the UK. I've been to Sanctum On The Green four or five times now and I'm constantly blown away by the service and the quality of the place. This time around my wife and I stayed in the Sanctum Suite for a small break away for our anniversary, the room was phenomenal, beautiful furnishings and the mos incredible bath you'll probably ever see (seriously, you haven't had a bath until you've had a bath in this thing...it's like a swimming pool!).

We ate at Luke's Dining room, the food was spectacular and we served by a waiter that was, friendly, chatty, knowledgable, lovely and completely wonderful, without ever being intrusive. My rib of beef was phenomenal and my wife's Mango Curry starter pretty much floored us both! Add a couple of bottles of well priced and delicious Prosseco into the mix, some very tasty cocktails and the coolest background music I've ever heard in a restaurant (from The Pixies to Pulp, Oasis to Blur, Guns N Roses to The Violent Femmes and everything in between) - and a good night was had by all.

Whether you're after a short break away from the stress of work, a romantic getaway, or even just a nice meal and a cocktail - you'll find everything you want at Sanctum OTG. We'll be heading back there in the summer for a BBQ by the pool (and probably another couple of bottles of Prosecco in the hot tub! Haha!).

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We just had the most amazing stay at Sanctum on the Green. As an evening away from the children in order to celebrate a wedding anniversary and a birthday, we had hoped to just catch up on some sleep and conversation. What we got was a gorgeous hotel, beautiful surroundings, friendly staff, excellent food and the need to furiously check the diary for when we can go back again. The hotel itself is quite small (not a bad thing at all!) and set in beautiful surroundings, we can imagine that it'll be wonderful to sit out in the gardens in the summer. The room was good, clean and a wonderfully sumptuous bed you just sank into. We ate dinner in Luke's Dining Room - we had not read the reviews, so we had no expectations, and the food was amazing. I ordered the crispy duck salad with pink grapefruit starter and frankly it blew me away! All the staff are friendly and helpful, however two of them were quite new and inexperienced but their eagerness and friendliness made you think they'd learn all the ins and outs in no time. We were really impressed with the whole evening, and drinks in the bar afterwards was great - the music selection was genius! Breakfast was good too. The lovely smiley lady who checked us out said "We hope to see you again soon" and I really believe you will! Thankyou Sanctum on the Green.

Room Tip: Luke's Dining Room is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We wanted a relaxing, luxury overnight stay after having had a long Birthday Lunch. We wanted somewhere that was reasonably quiet.
It was everything we could have asked for....
We stayed in the suite, which had a fabulously comfortable bed & the bath was the biggest I have ever seen, with a delicious giant shower over it.
Nothing was too much trouble, as we asked for some fresh milk to have with our tea on arrival.
We also asked for additional pillows, which were brought up to us within minutes.
The full English for breakfast was delicious, best sausages ever.
All in all, a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Suite over looking the pool had such a great view & ambience.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We won a gift voucher to stay in this hotel which is actually just down the road from us. We stayed in the Sanctum Suite, which is a wonderful luxury treat. The decor is divine, the bed is possibly the largest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and the 6 foot square bath is amazing.

Colin, the general manager and Perry the assistant manager were fantastic and really made our stay even more special. I would definitely recommend a stay here and a meal in the restaurant to anyone.

There are two reasons that I didn't give it the full 5. Firstly, I had real difficulty in phoning up and booking. Although the girl who I spoke to was lovely to talk to and very polite, it took me four phone calls to get a confirmed booking. And secondly, the hotel is small, which is part of its charm, and as such cannot have a large reception that is permanently manned, but it needs some sort of bell or pager system otherwise you can be left waiting at reception without any way of alerting staff.

These are only small issues which can be easily rectified, despite these I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sanctum Suite, if you can afford it, go for it, it's a real treat.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We recently travelled from Adelaide to England for a trip and ended up having a night at Sanctum on the Green. Wow ....

We had Luke Cook for us, I was a bit skeptical about his age and all the media hype around him but he definitely knows his stuff. Lamb and goats curd was amazing, to finish it off peanut butter, chocolate and banana, I can still taste it now.
I'd like to thank Luke and all of his staff for such a fantastic evening with mouth watering food in a beautiful setting.

We stayed in room 7. A beautiful 4 poster room with a shower big enough for a football team, I personally preferred the massive bath. The room was clean, well equipped and nicely laid out, large without being too overpowering.

The following morning we were offered breakfast but I was happy with coffee and lots of it.

I would highly recommend Sanctum on the green. I'm sure we will travel to England again within the next few years and will definitely be booking in here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We had a trip to Marlow where we ate at Luke's dining room. It was an amazing restaurant and would highly recommend it. The food was fantastic and the staff were so friendly and couldn't do nothing more for you. They were very polite and helpful. Great day!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

An truly excellent hotel - room was great and the service received during our stay was outstanding. A real little gem in the Berkshire country side offering great food and opportunity to gain some much needed relaxation. We already looking forward to heading back for another stay once the sun comes out so that we can enjoy the outdoor pool

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Taplow
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor

Been to Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel? Share your experiences!