I'm not one to leave negative feedback and not one to leave petty remarks just constructive criticism if needed. We came here for an overnight stay on 13th May, having had lunch at Cliveden House just down the road. We booked on one of the online internet booking sites and left credit card details. The day before our arrival we received a call from the hotel to ask if we were still coming, which I thought was nice but a bit odd. I have managed a 5 star guest house in Bath and have never done that. The drive up through Cookham into Cookham Dean was delightful. The hotel looked nice. A nice well kept garden next to the court yard and the open air swimming pool looked inviting. Upon arrival we had to search for a member of staff. It had the feel of a relaxing bar, dining room area. I liked all the original music memorabilia on the walls. It became obvious that the owner was in the music business. Golds discs and all sorts of original paraphernalia, which I enjoyed. References to Iron Maiden, Robert Plant etc. I asked about the music connection and indeed the owner was the manager of Iron Maiden. ( Andy Taylor, co-manager of the British band Iron Maiden and co-founder in 1979 of Sanctuary Records, which described itself, as of January 2007, as the UK's largest independent record company, one of the world's leading developers of music intellectual property rights (IPR) and the world's largest independent owner of music - Wikidepia) When checking in, they wanted our credit card details again (Which I never had to do back in Bath) and again upon leaving they wanted our credit card details again! I just read some prior feedback and I've noticed complaints of double charging occurring. We also had to sign a disclaimer which basically was to guard against us trashing our room (Which we never had to do back in Bath) We did have a really smart print in our room on the wall which was a drawing of Tiny Tempah (I think) It must have been valuable. We didn't have much to do with the staff and we didn't hang around for breakfast only because we had other things to do. The room was small but great. The air conditioning unit was brilliant. The power shower was so good it would have taken skin off (Just how I like it!) Upon leaving I noticed by the gate a big clump of very healthy looking Japanese Knotweed. I sent an email to the hotel advising about this very invasive/ outlawed plant but I never received a response. My overall feeling was that there is just something missing here. It's not the hotel itself it's the interaction between staff and customers. Maybe it's me but there's feedback here from others so I cant be terribly wrong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The opulent Sanctum on the Green Hotel is located just 45 minutes from Central London, yet is deep in the Berkshire Countryside. Being so close to London, Sanctum on the Green is perfect for that romantic weekend away, or quick overnight get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Sanctum on the Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctum On The Green Hotel Cookham Dean
- Sanctum On The Green Cookham Dean, Berkshire