Lovely quiet location. Clean and comfortable rooms. Frosty reception when we arrived on our bikes. Delicious food, but disappointed that chef packed up and went home before we had chance to order desserts - despite sitting down to eat at a pre-booked table at 8.00. Staff desperate to leave by 9.30 so table needed to be cleared quite rapidly. Tense atmosphere at times. Felt like our presence was a slight imposition despite booking everything weeks in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Malt Shovel is a popular, rustic country public house which boasts five luxury bed and breakfast rooms. Our Lounge bar is renowned for hosting some of the most famous faces in the British horse racing fraternity. To add to this, our head chef has comprised a menu of pub classics with an Asian twist, and also serves a classical and delicious roast every Sunday. Please do not hesitate to call us on for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Malt Shovel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Malt Shovel Hotel Lambourn
- The Malt Shovel Lambourn, Berkshire