Stayed in the Clock Tower a few weeks ago as and had a good stay, decent food and good service, although the neighbouring room doors slamming is a minor disturbance. However this time was put in room 29 - wish I had read the reviews here first! I would have preferred to have driven the hour to London to stay in my own bed. You can hear everything that goes on in the upstairs room (could hear the person snoring and the TV) including the WORST creaking floorboards (very loud) - kept me awake particularly as the person came in after 11pm, tromped around for a couple of hours and then got up at 4am and is now doing the same. I have to drive 2 hours this morning and feel wrecked. I have stayed in period properties like this elsewhere and cannot believe that they rent this room out - because of being put in this room I shall not be coming back. I would rather pay extra and know what I will have a quiet room. Shame as it's a really lovely place with good people. Clock Tower room was very clean, and have found the opposite in the present room - was ok i.e. bed, bathroom, etc, but plenty of dust, spiders and cobwebs in the corners of the room. I don't normally write reviews but Great House this room needs to come with a warning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished, The Great House on the banks of the river Thames in Sonning offers contemporary and stylish en-suite rooms. The hotel offers easy access to the A4, Reading and the M4, ample free parking for guest's use and free WiFi throughout. Bedrooms are located in separate buildings: the original White Hart Hotel, the 16th century palace yard, the 17th century coach house, and the clock tower. Rooms include a number of comfortable features including luxury bedding, work desks and rain showers. A newly opened all-day restaurant, Coppa Club, includes a relaxed bar area with an open fire and an outdoor terrace overlooking the gardens and river. Breakfast can be ordered from 7:30am and a wide range of options are available from healthy smoothies to a full Skillet Breakfast. In the main house guests can work throughout the day and enjoy fresh coffee and snacks whilst making use of the complimentary WiFi and numerous power points. Situated in the picturesque conservation village of Sonning-on-Thames, the hotel is a 20-minute drive to Reading and Henley-on-Thames and less than 2 miles from Thames Valley Business Park. We look forward to welcoming you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Great House At Sonning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great House At Sonning Hotel Sonning On Thames
- The Great House At Sonning Sonning-On-Thames, Berkshire