We stayed here for a family reunion last weekend. It was our first visit to this hotel & we were absolutely delighted with the setting adjoining the Thames with the Mill theatre conveniently situated just opposite,so we combined a theatre visit into our weekend.
Our room was spacious although a little disappointing. It lacked TLC which wouldn`t have cost a fortune to implement. The secondary glazing was ineffective & partially broken which meant,due to the location of our room in the annexe,we had the noise of traffic until very late at night.
The en suite bathroom was excellent,although when we arrived all the toiletries it consisted of was a shower cap.This was rectified by reception on application. The T.V.took some working out & we could have done with some instructions. There was a generous selection of coffees & teas on offer in the room, although the kettle leaked.
The breakfast choice was excellent,although the untrained waiters brought our cooked breakfasts out before we had finished cereal on both mornings & in one case before we had even started it. My kippers were beautifully cooked.
The staff were all very friendly,but staff training is lacking.
Our special function lunch was very good & well served & made it a day to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished, The Great House on the banks of the river Thames in Sonning offers contemporary and stylish en-suite rooms. The hotel offers easy access to the A4, Reading and the M4, ample free parking for guest's use and free WiFi throughout. Bedrooms are located in separate buildings: the original White Hart Hotel, the 16th century palace yard, the 17th century coach house, and the clock tower. Rooms include a number of comfortable features including luxury bedding, work desks and rain showers. A newly opened all-day restaurant, Coppa Club, includes a relaxed bar area with an open fire and an outdoor terrace overlooking the gardens and river. Breakfast can be ordered from 7:30am and a wide range of options are available from healthy smoothies to a full Skillet Breakfast. In the main house guests can work throughout the day and enjoy fresh coffee and snacks whilst making use of the complimentary WiFi and numerous power points. Situated in the picturesque conservation village of Sonning-on-Thames, the hotel is a 20-minute drive to Reading and Henley-on-Thames and less than 2 miles from Thames Valley Business Park. We look forward to welcoming you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Great House At Sonning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great House At Sonning Hotel Sonning On Thames
- The Great House At Sonning Sonning-On-Thames, Berkshire