It's been over 12 years since I stayed her on several occasions and it's certainly improved. Refurbishment continues but did not disturb us. We were in an as yet to be updated superior room with balcony and seating overlooking the river. Really relaxing watching the world go by, hawk, herons, ducks and even a swan. There is some traffic noise from the bridge but not intrusive. A little disappointed with the underwhelming greeting from reception but after that it was very good. Friendly and efficient restaurant and bar staff, good housekeeping, big choice lunch and dinner menus at sensible prices. A very nice hotel set in lovely grounds with outdoor seating and dining. There is also a gym for those inclined! Return visit is on the "to do" list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Streatley is set on the banks of the Thames in the picturesque Berkshire village of Streatley and enjoys wonderful views of the river. The Swan has 21 newly renovated bedrooms, as well as a new bar & terrace and a fully equipped gym and spa. The restaurant is currently closed as The Swan undergoes a multi-million pound investment to redesign of the restaurant, meeting & events spaces. Accommodation is available on a room only basis in the beautifully designed and stylish rooms and guests can purchase coffee, pastries, light refreshments and drinks onsite at the bar & terrace and have breakfast, lunch or dinner in the local restaurants a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Swan at Streatley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swan At Streatley Hotel Streatley On Thames
- Swan At Streatley On Thames
- Swan Streatley Hotel
- The Swan At Streatley Streatley-On-Thames, Berkshire